jg121783

California Nurse Shortage Reaches "Crisis Level" As Vaccine Mandate Wards Off Traveling Nurses

39 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

I don't think the analogy of ditches hold when we start talking psuedo science views of Covid...more like out left field or right field or out there so far it's where the fields collide...we are talking flat earth society (mixed metaphor)

The problem is about 1/3 of the population is booking a cruise on the SS  Looney Toons ( yet another metaphor), Its some sort of mass hysteria like fanny packs or mullets, only more embarrassing and fatal.

great analogy 

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

But by all means let's run down to tractor supply and drink horse medicine. 

But by all means let's stop drinking water because horses drink water. Ivermectin is approved and proven for human use besides covid and it appears to be effective against covid also. There is even a version manufactured specifically for human use that pharmacists prescribe. The CDC thinks it's good enough to give to Afghan refugees. The whole "horse paste" narrative that people like Richard Madcow push on MSNBC is nothing but horse manure. It's all about money. If there is a medicine that is proven to be effective against covid the vaccines lose their emergency use authorization. Big pharma isn't going to lose out on billions of dollars to a drug that costs a few dollars per pack. Hence the demonization of anything that shows any promise against covid.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

...along with a narrative about all their health care worker friends who refuse to get it.

If you are referring to me it is not simply a narrative but is a fact. I am not the one who convinced my wife to not get the vaccine. I simply told her my view on it and told her it is up to her. She was actually considering getting the vaccine just to save her job. Her coworkers convinced her not to get it. Probably about 2/3 of her coworkers are from the Philippines just like her and a group of them convinced her not to take the vaccine. I think she feels more confident refusing it knowing she isn't alone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

If you are referring to me it is not simply a narrative but is a fact. I am not the one who convinced my wife to not get the vaccine. I simply told her my view on it and told her it is up to her. She was actually considering getting the vaccine just to save her job. Her coworkers convinced her not to get it. Probably about 2/3 of her coworkers are from the Philippines just like her and a group of them convinced her not to take the vaccine. I think she feels more confident refusing it knowing she isn't alone.

What science did her coworkers bring her that convinced her you were right?

6 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

What science did her coworkers bring her that convinced her you were right?

Mostly it is the fact that she sees vaccinated people dying at a higher rate than unvaccinated where she works but there are other factors she considered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Mostly it is the fact that she sees vaccinated people dying at a higher rate than unvaccinated where she works but there are other factors she considered.

That sounds like first hand observation, my question was about what science her coworkers used to convince her. 

33 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

That sounds like first hand observation, my question was about what science her coworkers used to convince her. 

Here's some recent data for Wisconsin, which is where I assume the other poster is based from his profile.

The data provided will start in February of this year, not long after the first vaccine recipients started getting their first dose. As far as last month, DHS notes those not fully vaccinated were three times more likely to become infected by coronavirus. Once infected, they are 3.7 times more likely than fully vaccinated individuals to end up in the hospital.

That number jumps for deaths, when an unvaccinated person is 10 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than someone who has been vaccinated.

2DNOSGGG7FEUXHS2A6ODJAG5J4.png

https://www.nbc15.com/2021/08/19/wisconsin-shows/

Timeline
4 hours ago, laylalex said:

My understanding is that something like 96% of physicians are now fully vaccinated. I can look for the link. 

Edit -- here it is: https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

So over 96% last month and that number is growing. 

A 5 day window with a sample size of 301.  Oh rejoice, all ye faithful.

Meanwhile, other polls say differently.  58% say no to the new drugs.

https://aaps.wufoo.com/reports/z1e8wyr31awx6wf/ 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

The problem is about 1/3 of the population is booking a cruise on the SS  Looney Toons ( yet another metaphor), Its some sort of mass hysteria like fanny packs or mullets, only more embarrassing and fatal.

Finally, we agree on something.  That's an apt description of many liberals in America today.  (though I suspect it is way more than 1/3 of the population)

19 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

A 5 day window with a sample size of 301.  Oh rejoice, all ye faithful.

Meanwhile, other polls say differently.  58% say no to the new drugs.

https://aaps.wufoo.com/reports/z1e8wyr31awx6wf/ 

Where is that even from? I presented you with a survey from the American Medical Association. I have no idea where that survey is from, although it's supposedly from June of this year, the same month as the AMA study. Why should I trust that information over the AMA?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Where is that even from? I presented you with a survey from the American Medical Association. I have no idea where that survey is from, although it's supposedly from June of this year, the same month as the AMA study. Why should I trust that information over the AMA?

You trust whomever you want.  

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Here's some recent data for Wisconsin, which is where I assume the other poster is based from his profile.

2DNOSGGG7FEUXHS2A6ODJAG5J4.png

https://www.nbc15.com/2021/08/19/wisconsin-shows/

I would like to see where WI DHS is getting their data from. They have been caught peddling phony data regarding covid in the past in order to help our incompetent governor attempt to impose illegal lockdown provisions on us. The head of DHS is a temporary appointee and to say she is unfit for the job is putting it lightly. There is no way our state legislator would ever give her the job permanently. I am suspicious of anything especially related to covid that comes from WI DHS.

Timeline
2 hours ago, jg121783 said:

I would like to see where WI DHS is getting their data from. They have been caught peddling phony data regarding covid in the past in order to help our incompetent governor attempt to impose illegal lockdown provisions on us. The head of DHS is a temporary appointee and to say she is unfit for the job is putting it lightly. There is no way our state legislator would ever give her the job permanently. I am suspicious of anything especially related to covid that comes from WI DHS.

Shhhh, the blind need something to believe in.  It's better to try to force others to do what they did than to see the alternative.  Hell, what's next, and AMA survey of 300 people?  I mean THREE HUNDRED!!!  That's what, 0.000090468909 % of the US population?  

it's darn near as stupid as the Pfizer study that says people who got the second dose prove that the experimental drug is 95% effective!! (But only for 7 days).  

Some sheeple will believe most anything they are fed.

Oh, and the 2020 election was corrupt and stolen from the US.  It's a new America, America.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

I bought a watering trough for a horse, which is awkward bringing it home when we don't have a horse

"I'd horsewhip you if I had a horse." -- Groucho Marx

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).