jg121783

California Nurse Shortage Reaches "Crisis Level" As Vaccine Mandate Wards Off Traveling Nurses

39 posts in this topic

My wife is a healthcare worker and will be leaving her job soon along with many of her coworkers due to a coming vaccine mandate. They are already short staffed where she works. This is gonna be a disaster.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/california-nurse-shortage-reaches-crisis-level-vaccine-mandate-wards-traveling-nurses

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

24 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

If the vaccines are SO SAFE, then why are SO MANY healthcare professionals refusing it, and losing their jobs over it?

I had a blood draw done yesterday and the nurse openly told me she didn’t and won’t get it and neither will her family. 
I don’t blame her, the surveillance on vaccine outcomes won’t be done before 2027. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
11 minutes ago, milimelo said:

I had a blood draw done yesterday and the nurse openly told me she didn’t and won’t get it and neither will her family. 
I don’t blame her, the surveillance on vaccine outcomes won’t be done before 2027. 

And the "FDA approved" CommiVax won't be finished with the first round of trials until 2023.  

Yet so many believe they are being injected with an "FDA APPROVED" vaccine today.  SMH

Also, my doctor said neither she nor her husband & kids will get it.  Good enough for me.

Edited by LIBrty4all

53 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

And the "FDA approved" CommiVax won't be finished with the first round of trials until 2023.  

Yet so many believe they are being injected with an "FDA APPROVED" vaccine today.  SMH

Also, my doctor said neither she nor her husband & kids will get it.  Good enough for me.

Oh I know. I have blood clotting issues and certainly not getting anywhere near any of those shots - approved or not. I'd probably be "one in a million" and end up with CVTT, heart attack, DVT or something worse. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, jg121783 said:

My wife is a healthcare worker and will be leaving her job soon along with many of her coworkers due to a coming vaccine mandate. They are already short staffed where she works. This is gonna be a disaster.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/california-nurse-shortage-reaches-crisis-level-vaccine-mandate-wards-traveling-nurses

Where will she work? Will she retire from healthcare?

7 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Where will she work? Will she retire from healthcare?

Fortunately my career is advancing and I now make enough for her to stay home with the kids (which she kind of wanted to do anyways). Only thing that sucks is she works for the state and her health insurance is better than any private employer I have ever seen so were gonna have to go on my health insurance then (which isn't terrible but doesn't even compare to hers). Good news is the president of the company I work for announced yesterday there will under no circumstances be a vaccine mandate where I work. Where my wife works they clearly want a mandate (the governor keeps pushing it)  but they are also aware they will be severely short staffed if they impose one. Right now they are trying to gauge how employees will react to a mandate. They are requiring them to submit their vaccination status and surveying the employees about what they would do if there was a mandate. Either way we'll be fine financially. The only regret my wife has is she will miss the people she takes care of every day (she works in a veterans nursing home). I could go on to talk about how my wife saw residents vaccinated against their will (they are threatened with isolation among other things if they refuse the vaccine) and how almost all the recent deaths where my wife works are among vaccinated people but that is a topic for another time.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

14 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

If the vaccines are SO SAFE, then why are SO MANY healthcare professionals refusing it, and losing their jobs over it?

73% of healthcare workers are vaccinated. If its so unsafe why are over 2/3 vaccinated ?

https://news.northeastern.edu/2021/08/18/many-healthcare-workers-still-havent-gotten-covid-19-vaccines/

My understanding is that something like 96% of physicians are now fully vaccinated. I can look for the link. 

Edit -- here it is: https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

So over 96% last month and that number is growing. 

Edited by laylalex
To include link

Timeline
22 minutes ago, laylalex said:

My understanding is that something like 96% of physicians are now fully vaccinated. I can look for the link. 

Edit -- here it is: https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

But if it's so safe why not 100%? 

23 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Yup that is your sign. Of course any thing you post that is not driven by wild eyed conspiracy will be ignored as fake news, along with a narrative about all their health care worker friends who refuse to get it.

But by all means let's run down to tractor supply and drink horse medicine. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Yup that is your sign. Of course any thing you post that is not driven by wild eyed conspiracy will be ignored as fake news, along with a narrative about all their health care worker friends who refuse to get it.

But by all means let's run down to tractor supply and drink horse medicine. 

As an aside, I love Tractor Supply. Walking those aisle fill me with great inspiration for upgrades on the home front. Last time I bought a watering trough for a horse, which is awkward bringing it home when we don't have a horse, but hey it was a great deal.   Tractor Supply is in my recommendation list for hot stocks. 

1 hour ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

But if it's so safe why not 100%? 

Get out of the right ditch it's full. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Get out of the right ditch it's full. 

I don't think the analogy of ditches hold when we start talking psuedo science views of Covid...more like out left field or right field or out there so far it's where the fields collide...we are talking flat earth society (mixed metaphor)

The problem is about 1/3 of the population is booking a cruise on the SS  Looney Toons ( yet another metaphor), Its some sort of mass hysteria like fanny packs or mullets, only more embarrassing and fatal.

Edited by Crtcl Rice Theory

Florida grapples with COVID-19′s deadliest phase yet

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-florida-coronavirus-pandemic-7ed6d05626848aca4e2827681b315770

U.S. heads into Labor Day with Covid vaccines but a substantially worse outbreak than this time last year

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/03/us-heads-into-labor-day-with-covid-vaccines-but-substantially-worse-outbreak-than-last-year.html