jiker

Use of VISA processing firms

29 posts in this topic

A few posts ago, you said --

On 9/2/2021 at 7:44 AM, jiker said:

RapidVISA have been dragging their feet with this review.

Now you say --

16 minutes ago, jiker said:

RapidVISA has been very responsive to any and all of my questions.

So which is it?

Your recent post does not seem very convincing when it sounds like it was copy-pasted from a promotional script and contradicts your comment from just a short time ago.

5 minutes ago, Chancy said:

A few posts ago, you said --

Now you say --

So which is it?

Your recent post does not seem very convincing when it sounds like it was copy-pasted from a promotional script and contradicts your comment from just a short time ago.

Not my job to convince you of anything! You don't like, just move along!

On 9/1/2021 at 10:51 PM, Chancy said:

I hope you disclosed all those arrests in the I-129F petition even if the records have been expunged.  There's a very well-known case here on VJ of a K1 case handled by a visa services company, denied due to non-disclosure of expunged record.

Thanks Dad!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Stands to reason they do not mess up every case, what concerns me is the reaction when they do.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, jiker said:

Not my job to convince you of anything! You don't like, just move along!

do not make the above comment again
https://www.visajourney.com/terms-of-service/

last_post.png Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.
Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

5 hours ago, Boiler said:

Stands to reason they do not mess up every case, what concerns me is the reaction when they do.

Yes, it would be unreasonable to expect visa services companies or even lawyers to never make any mistakes.  But as those are paid services, clients would rightly expect some level of accountability.  In @John & Rose's case, it seems that the company's response was less than satisfactory.  In the first place, it's shocking that they even instructed him not to disclose the expunged records, and him following that instruction led to the visa denial.

11 hours ago, Adventine said:

Actually, if I remember right, it was @John & Rose 's case:  their K1 petition was approved, but during the interview at the US Embassy in Manila, the visa was denied because the petitioner didn't disclose his entire criminal history. They had to start from scratch with a spousal visa. John, correct me if this isn't accurate.

It would just depend when he filed his 1-129. 

When I did mine a few years ago, you only had to disclose certain crimes from what I remember.   One would have to read the instructions offered by USCIS to see what criminal history you need to disclose.  

Requirements from USCIS change every few years 

12 minutes ago, LU SEE FURR said:

When I filed my application it only asked for certian crimes to be listed or explained.

You mean there was no I-129F instruction at that time to "Indicate whether you have ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, for any offenses other than those you have already outlined in the previous section."?  Yeah, it's possible there was a time long, long ago where that particular instruction was not specified for the I-129F, but it wouldn't be relevant to petitioners now.

Or do you mean that you were arrested for a traffic violation that involved a fine less than $500?  Yeah, maybe people do get arrested for those.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

4 posts removed for creating drama. 

cease and desist immediately. 

post constructively or do not post.

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

On 9/3/2021 at 8:01 AM, Adventine said:

Actually, if I remember right, it was @John & Rose 's case:  their K1 petition was approved, but during the interview at the US Embassy in Manila, the visa was denied because the petitioner didn't disclose his entire criminal history. They had to start from scratch with a spousal visa. John, correct me if this isn't accurate.

100% correct.  I've come to learn that while USCIS knew about the arrest, they approved the petition because I met the requirements for filing.  They do not approve or deny the visa.  The CO during AP found the arrest and while they had congratulated my now wife and step kids and took the passports, they were returned a few days later with a 221(g) stating that the petitioner failed to disclose information in the petition.

They are correct I did.  I admit the mistake even if it was due to bad information from the agency I used to help with the petition.  That agency told me not to disclose and even said that they wouldn't send the petition if I added that information.  And for the 100% guarantee????  They told me they are not responsible because I signed the petition.  I am responsible no matter what they do.  When I showed them copies of what I was told they offered me $50 off another petition.  RapidVisa is a bottom feeding scavenger and they have hurt so many couples it is sad they are still making money.  Boundless just bought them so we will see if they get better.

It was a misdemeanor simple battery arrest and the charges were dropped and the arrest was expunged over 30 years ago.  It never went to court.  I believe if this was any type of arrest that didnt include violence (i punched a 19 year old drunk kid who drove onto my job site and onto freshly placed and uncompacted asphalt) they would have looked the other way.  There was a convicted felon (arsonist) in the group who was approved without disclosing.  I believe the actual arrest makes a difference.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

13 hours ago, Chancy said:

You mean there was no I-129F instruction at that time to "Indicate whether you have ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, for any offenses other than those you have already outlined in the previous section."?  Yeah, it's possible there was a time long, long ago where that particular instruction was not specified for the I-129F, but it wouldn't be relevant to petitioners now.

Or do you mean that you were arrested for a traffic violation that involved a fine less than $500?  Yeah, maybe people do get arrested for those.

Do you mean Item 4.a.?

Item 4.a  Criminal Information.  Indicate whether you have ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, for any offenses other than those you have already outlined in the previous section.  Unless a traffic incident was alcohol- or drug-related or involved a fine of $500 or more, you do not need to provide information on it.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 9/1/2021 at 6:44 PM, jiker said:

I've paid one of those Companies $539. It's been 4 weeks for them to review the application (K1). I do have a criminal history, misdemeanor offenses and have been purged from all the State and Federal records. Do I need a Lawyer? RapidVISA have been dragging their feet with this review.

As a heads up, my arrest was expunged by a Federal Circuit court.  It NEVER gets removed for the Feds.  The 3 and 4 letter agencies (FBI, NSA, DHS, CIA, etc...) all have access to more information about you than you have about yourself.  While removed from state and local and public databases, Homeland (USCIS) and the State Department (NVC, Consular Services) have unfettered access to everything.

IMG_5168.jpeg

23 hours ago, John & Rose said:

As a heads up, my arrest was expunged by a Federal Circuit court.  It NEVER gets removed for the Feds.  The 3 and 4 letter agencies (FBI, NSA, DHS, CIA, etc...) all have access to more information about you than you have about yourself.  While removed from state and local and public databases, Homeland (USCIS) and the State Department (NVC, Consular Services) have unfettered access to everything.

Did you get a background check from the FBI? The only way I had my record sealed was by going through the process. The 1974 shoplifting offense was not on my local Police record but the State and the FBI had it.

37 minutes ago, jiker said:

Did you get a background check from the FBI? The only way I had my record sealed was by going through the process. The 1974 shoplifting offense was not on my local Police record but the State and the FBI had it.

I knew it was out there and I still had all the expungement paperwork. I could not get the court copies since it was expunged 30 years prior. I never denied it was there. When I asked RV they told me not to include it because it was expunged. It is my fault for listening to them.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Regarding the original post.....

It sounds like visa processing firms are not the way to go. If others have different opinions please chime in. 

Going about it on your own or getting help from a lawyer sounds like the better options.

I'm at the starting line, couple hours of research and I'm quite intimidated by all of the information. My first inclination was to cough up the money to a visa processing firm in exchange for a smooth process that gives me peace of mind knowing its being handled the way it should. Glad I read this post.

So, lawyer or handling it on your own sounds like the way to go. If anyone has further discussion / insight on getting a lawyer please share. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.