EandS2019

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,179 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, VerVer said:

Thank you very much !

I hope the airport staff knows it too...what do you think ?

My wife just travelled. The airlines all know about it. If you have any problems just ask to speak to a supervisor.

Finally done...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My status updated to 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production on Sunday 

Then I got a notification that the post Office returned my document to USCIS.  So I submitted a request for it to be sent back out. 

They reused my biometric stuff and we didn't get a request for an interview, is that normal?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
16 minutes ago, KelsJosh said:

on Sunday 

On Sunday??? Wow they work from home!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

20 minutes ago, KelsJosh said:

My status updated to 

Then I got a notification that the post Office returned my document to USCIS.  So I submitted a request for it to be sent back out. 

They reused my biometric stuff and we didn't get a request for an interview, is that normal?  

I would go to the post office and talk to the manager there . 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

On Sunday??? Wow they work from home!

Funny lol, I saw it on Sunday 😉 then on Monday USCIS sent me an email saying my document was returned to them by the post office and I have 180 days to e-request for the document to be resent. 

4 minutes ago, johnnyI129F said:

I would go to the post office and talk to the manager there . 

18 minutes ago, KelsJosh said:

Funny lol, I saw it on Sunday 😉 then on Monday USCIS sent me an email saying my document was returned to them by the post office and I have 180 days to e-request for the document to be resent. 

Are you WAC (California) filer?  Sounds like you have been approved.  Congrats.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, KelsJosh said:

My status updated to 

Sounds Good! Congratulations!

Timeline
4 hours ago, SoCal2021 said:

Are you WAC (California) filer?  Sounds like you have been approved.  Congrats.  

Yup! Pretty shocking I was expecting an interview! 

Me and my half are travelling outside US for 2.5 months, this summer. I don't think i will get my ROC completed by then. Can i return back to US with my expired GC and the 24 months extension letter if by the returning date i already receive in the mail the 10y GC ? We don't have anyone here to send us the GC in case it is issued.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:45 AM, KelsJosh said:

My status updated to 

HI @KelsJosh...were you able to get this sorted out?  Did you receive your card?

15 hours ago, VerVer said:

Me and my half are travelling outside US for 2.5 months, this summer. I don't think i will get my ROC completed by then. Can i return back to US with my expired GC and the 24 months extension letter if by the returning date i already receive in the mail the 10y GC ? We don't have anyone here to send us the GC in case it is issued.

Yes.  You can get back in US with expired GC AND 18/24 months extension letter.  I do not think it would matter if your 10 yr GC gets approved and shipped to you, while out of the country. 

Also, you will be gone for long period of time.  What happens if you are scheduled for an interview while you are out of country?  You may need to be flexible with your travel arrangements, in case you need to be back sooner than planned.  We are planning a trip to UK but that will be for 9 days, only.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.