EandS2019

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,189 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, johnnyI129F said:

should go to USCIS Office and get stamp on the extension letter ??

No need. Your expired green card + original 24 month extension letter = Green card proof.

Using both your GC together with the original extension letter is equal to an unexpired green card.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

1 hour ago, johnnyI129F said:

Question we will go on cruise on  Christmas/ new year .. the green card expiring this month , should go to USCIS Office and get stamp on the extension letter ??!  or the extension letter without stamp is fine ?

Yes it will be fine. This is the purpose of the extension letter…to extend your green card expiration date. Focus on enjoying your trip. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

hello, did you also include Affadavits from people who knew you? just interested what your lawyer advised for this.

Edited by CJD
meant to quote other post

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 10/12/2021 at 9:03 AM, Vante said:

Hello everyone, made the deadline to be a September filer by the last date. My application was received on 09/29 and was accepted on 09/30. Received my 797(24 month extension letter) On October 10th. Got the Potomac Service Center. Had a lawyer prepare everything for me but we sent

2 Years worth of Leases

Drivers Licenses with the same address

Car Registration with both names

Car Notes

Home/Auto Insurance

Life Insurance 

Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance

Photos

W2s for the past two years

Joint Bank Statements

Utilities /Miscellaneous Mail

Thats as far as I can remember because it was a lot of stuff but hoping for a quick process for everyone as we go through this journey together.

Hello, did you also include Affidavits from 2 people who knew you? just interested what your lawyer advised for this

6 hours ago, CJD said:

hello, did you also include Affadavits from people who knew you? just interested what your lawyer advised for this.

I did not use one.

4 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

California Service Center and their WAC #s gotta get moving!! 

Amen to that!

On 11/9/2021 at 11:35 AM, CJD said:

I submitted affidavits. Depends on your situation. I'm filing with divorce waiver, so the more evidence, the better. 

Timeline: 

I751 w Divorce Waiver Submitted - 9/29/2021

Biometrics Taken - 11/24/2021

Ready for Interview - 5/16/2023

33 minutes ago, Sk87 said:

If you travel internationally, do you have to take the original extension letter?

I would definitely take the original copy with me.  I have not read anything about anyone having issues with a copy of the original, though.  Don't forget you need both expired GC and the extension letter.

Edited by SoCal2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sk87 said:

If you travel internationally, do you have to take the original extension letter

Yes, the original copy of the extension letter + expired green card is needed for travel.

Edited by da95826

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

2 hours ago, da95826 said:

Yes, the original copy of the extension letter + expired green card is needed for travel.

3 hours ago, SoCal2021 said:

I would definitely take the original copy with me.  I have not read anything about anyone having issues with a copy of the original, though.  Don't forget you need both expired GC and the extension letter.

thank you both

On 11/10/2021 at 5:56 PM, johnnyI129F said:

Dang ! Your file was alot shorter than mine, thought your case will move real fast ! Any update about your fingerprints yet ? Mine updated since last month . 

Size doesn't matter 🤣 No fingerprint update yet. U WAC# too? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.