slbois

Long distance relationship jealousy

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I completely trust my man or I would not be in this relationship. However, I will say, he has been online talking with my lady friend instead of me, and although I know there is nothing there, I was extremely jealous that she got to talk to him and I did not. Go figure. I think it is a time thing. I never get enough of it with him.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
there is a slight jealousy on occasion. today i am going out with a male friend of mine and abdou didn't seem too thrilled with that idea. i had to spend a few minutes reassuring him that he was a long time friend, and friend only. i'm sure he would rather see me not go with my male friends ever without him though!

I know this problem. My best friend is a guy. Has been for 9 years. He takes my kids on road trips(he drives a truck), when he's home we go out to eat or go to Goony golf with the kids. Mohammed has a hard time with this. I have always hated to see when a woman or man for that matter gave up friends because they were in a relationship...these people were friends before you got with your so. I try to compromise and not have Jerry in the home when I am the only one there. I have never been in a relationship where the man was "jealous" for lack of a better word and I agree that at least in Morocco it seems to be one way they show affection. At times it does irritate me and I tell him honestly. He also explains his feelings to me as he waited 34 years to find the one God made for him and it is his job to protect his family. You dont see men/women friends in morocco really unless they are family so this is a VERY hard concept for him to grasp. But I think its a fair trade for the love I get from him which is unlike any I have ever known. Case in point before I went to Morocco my mom was telling me how subserviant they like their women to be..make them walk behind dont speak blah blah blah. When we got there I didnt really think about it until one day we were out walking and everytime I tried to get beside him he would walk ahead still holding my hand but keeping me 1 or 2 steps behind. Now my american mind kicked in lol. Well I asked him am I not good enough to walk beside you? He looked at me like I was crazy. He said to me...My dad taught me that when you treasure and cherish someone you walk with them holding their hand but a bit ahead so that if there is trouble in one second you can have her behind you to block her from whatever the trouble is....yep I melted.

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this type of jealousy from their significant other, created perhaps out of the frustration from being separated during the visa process? Not talking crazy stalker jealousy, just little things. :whistle:

I have to say i've had two types of experiences with the jealousy thing... before our engagement he used to tell me as long as you are with George and Feras (his cousins) I don't worry about you - but anyone else is a problem. I don't know them. (Meaning guys) Which was ok with me cuz i had no interest in anyone else or hanging out with anyone other than George(he is like my big brother) since Micho wasn't around...

Now after we got engaged and I got back to the US its been a different story - I know it shouldnt be like this but I am the jealous one.. my uncle is there right now - and they keep going to parties (hafli's) together and whenever i call he's always preoccupied talkin to the other people around him.... i m getting irritated!! I am so jealous- mainly bc i am missing him so much and our time together was so limited. I cannot wait for him to be here. (L)

Now while i was there as far as jealousy from other people is concerned.....I understand the language and so when girls would make a comment about us - he'd just lite their fire by holding me closer or kissing me... When people saw us together in the marketplace we got dirty looks but it was more like...look at them holding hands.... look at the skirt she's wearing... OMG she's smoking a cigarette....OMG look how close she is to him.... it was more the Islamic culture picking out the frisky American!! haha :jest:

December 31, 2006 - I call to wish him a Happy New Year (It was 3 am his time)

May 14, 2007 - Fly to Syria with my family to meet

May 18, 2007 - His entire family comes to my house to ask for my hand - I say YES!

June 15, 2007 - We get engaged in the church and have a reception for our families (it's the only "wedding" his family will see)

June 22, 2007 - I come back to the US

June 24-July 27,2008 - lots of research on VJ and work on gathering the papers needed...

July 31, 2007 - I-129F package received by VSC - YAY!!!! I was sooo excited getting the return receipt in the mail - on my way out to look for bridesmaids dresses :) Now all I need is a case number so I can track online - I'm so anxious!!!

August 13, 2007 - NOA1 - YAY!!!

JANUARY 8, 2008 - APPROVED!!!!

May 14, 2008 - he's finally here

June 22, 2008 - "Wedding Bells"

August 7 - Adjustment of Status and EAD sent

August 11 - Dates of both NOA1 for AOS and EAD

and we wait....

September 4, 2008 - Biometrics appt in Phila for both AOS and EAD

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired....

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

i have always been jealous person throw in insecurities due to failed relationships in the past and it can be a little rocky sometimes between us. he is pretty jealous person too. distance makes the mind wonder sometimes, atleast mine lol. he is very attractive person, was working as model in cairo- and women pretty much throw themselves at him, but i keep in mind that i have him, mind body and soul and nothing else should matter.

he has female friends i have male friends he knows about. but he doesnt mind if i hangout with my gay friends lol. knows nothing will happen there. it is funny to me sometimes. just focus on our goal, him coming here soon.

rihann.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.