The White Fiance

Is Any Embassy Providing Nonimmigrant Visas?

27 posts in this topic

My wife and I married last month. I am American. She is in Zambia. We have been in visa limbo for weeks, hoping to meet in Europe for a honeymoon, to support our spousal visa application. We were just turned down because they don't feel she has enough assets. I provided materials demonstrating I had assets, but they ignored them.

It looks like we will be stuck with a destination like Turkey or Mexico.

I would like to try to get her a tourist visa while we are on our honeymoon. The State Department says embassies and consulates in Mexico are not providing routine visas. I would like to know if anyone here knows of a nation in which the USA is providing nonimmigrant visas.

I feel like having her sneak into the US. They are busy resettling illegals here, but my wife can't get a legal visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Singapore and anew New Zealand have been mentioned 

from a practical point of view may be best for you to visit 

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Many of us have felt that way, but don't even give it serious thought.  File the CR-1 and have your honeymoon in a country where she can visit without the hassle of a VISA.  I mean, what is wrong with Mexico, it has some beautiful destinations that cater to honeymooners.  Everyone here understands the strain of being separated from the ones we love.  Those of us with spouses and family from countries that have much more restrictive VISA rules, even more so.

While I am not a proponent of forgiving illegal immigration, even when the illegals have a valid legal means, a number of them don't trust that the government will not put a monkey wrench in the works.  Many of them live in constant fear.  Who would want to subject their loved ones to something like that?

Good luck and remember this is a long process, you are just at the beginning.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

She can not apply for a tourist visa unless she is a permanent legal resident of the country

just apply for the spouse visa and visit her regular while you wait / this is what we all have to do

thinking of sneaking her in would put u both at risk breaking  the laws/  why in the world would u even think to do this???

and if discovered ,  she would face deportation

Once you have been deported, the U.S. government will consider you "inadmissible" and bar you from returning for five, ten, or 20 years, or even permanently. The exact length of time depends on the facts and circumstances surrounding your deportation. (Most deportees are barred for ten years.)Jul 9, 2021

She can apply for a tourist VISA in any country she has legal presence in.  She does not have to be a "resident" of that country.  That being said, getting an US tourist VISA while in a 3rd country is very difficult.  They will take into consideration that she doesn't have money (assets), she is there with her USC spouse and has (or probably has) immigrant intent.   It is extremely hard to disprove the immigrant intent.

We traveled a lot, in the brief period,  before getting our Spousal Visa and she was denied EU also.  So now every time we do a visa application we have to list that denial as well.   Ironically Mary has been denied tourists visas from 2 countries that she now has legal residency for.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

A lot of those that have come into the US requesting asylum are getting their hearing now and being denied/ deported.

The time to get the tourist VISA or even plan immigration is before you need it.   As you can see it isn't just the US not issuing her a tourist visa.  Zimbabwe doens't have a very strong Passport Ranking for many reasons. https://www.henleyglobal.com/passport-index/ranking

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

At least they're above North Korea.

It appears Turkey will not give her an e-visa unless she uses Turkish Airlines...which doesn't offer any flights. I sent an email to find out whether she can apply at the embassy. I really hope we don't end up in Egypt again.

Edited by The White Fiance

3 hours ago, The White Fiance said:

My wife and I married last month. I am American. She is in Zambia. We have been in visa limbo for weeks, hoping to meet in Europe for a honeymoon, to support our spousal visa application. We were just turned down because they don't feel she has enough assets. I provided materials demonstrating I had assets, but they ignored them.

It looks like we will be stuck with a destination like Turkey or Mexico.

I would like to try to get her a tourist visa while we are on our honeymoon. The State Department says embassies and consulates in Mexico are not providing routine visas. I would like to know if anyone here knows of a nation in which the USA is providing nonimmigrant visas.

I feel like having her sneak into the US. They are busy resettling illegals here, but my wife can't get a legal visa.

As a general rule even if you can find a country whose US consulate is issuing tourist visas, they are highly unlikely to issue them to a third country national because they have no valid way of assessing the ties to home, which is key to being granted a non immigrant visa. This would be the case even without a US citizen spouse which complicates getting a tourist visa even more because it is a tie to the US and not to home.

2 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Ironically Mary has been denied tourists visas from 2 countries that she now has legal residency for.

Not ironic at all, if immigrant intent is a consideration… in fact perfectly logical. The same would happen for the US.

1 hour ago, Coco8 said:

Here is a list of countries she won't need a visa for

https://facts36.com/zambia-passport-visa-free-countries-full-list/

Some great honeymoon destinations there. Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius, Caribbean islands…

11 hours ago, The White Fiance said:

At least they're above North Korea.

It appears Turkey will not give her an e-visa unless she uses Turkish Airlines...which doesn't offer any flights. I sent an email to find out whether she can apply at the embassy. I really hope we don't end up in Egypt again.

Oh I love Egypt...

14 hours ago, The White Fiance said:

to support our spousal visa application. We were just turned down because they don't feel she has enough assets. I provided materials demonstrating I had assets, but they ignored them.

You're saying she was turned down for a B visa in her own country for not having assets/ties, yet you think she could get one at a different embassy?   No chance.  And your assets would not be considered anyway.

All visitor visa applicants are judged based on their ties to home/immigration risk.   If she still hopes for a visitor visa, she should work on establishing credible ties to her country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.