• 2 Affidavits were --> 3 pages 
  • Screen shots of text messages --> 15 pages 
  • All bank statements Western Union/PayPal transactions --> 17 pages 
  • Gift receipts --> 12 pages 
  • Invitations --> 6 pages 
  • Photos --> 27 pages 
  • Travel Itineraries --> 51 pages 
  • Wedding Expenses --> 46 pages 

For I-129F, at most, it might have been 13 pages (for the i-129F form) plus 6 more pages for the other stuff they asked for and the 2 passport-size photographs. It was a very small package. I only submitted the exact things they asked for. So if you were to only mail-in this package it shouldn't cost too much. 

I have done a very extensive research just now and found that when we mail I-130 petition to USCIS then there is never a guarantee that USCIS will upload all your documents to their system...some people on here have also reported this. Thus, I have decided that I will be filing I-130 online as well and then later on will file I-129f thru mail after receiving receipt from USCIS unlike before when I wanted to do both petition together by mail. I don’t want them to not upload any of my documents especially when I would have a complicated case for having many red-flags...Do you have tips for me for filing I-130 online aside from what you have already described about your case? Do I need to make an account with USCIS? I never filed anything online with USCIS, so I am not much aware of anything about it. You would get receipt notice right away for filing I-130 online, right? We need to scan everything first and save them on our computer to upload for the petition, right? Is there any best scanner app? Or how did you scan the documents? Did you use any app for that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, TWISTIE said:

You would get receipt notice right away for filing I-130 online, right? We need to scan everything first and save them on our computer to upload for the petition, right? Is there any best scanner app? Or how did you scan the documents? Did you use any app for that?

Yes, once you pay the fee (currently $535),  you get the receipt notice within minutes (when I first clicked on it, it came up to an error page)

I really like the JotNot Pro scanner app for my iPhone.   Then I can email (to myself, or others) or airdrop or send to my wife in WhatsApp the resulting document.   Real easy to add multi--page documents too.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:15 AM, cubanchic said:

Hello, 

I submitted an I-130 for my husband (he lives in Canada) on May 5, 2021. The status changed to "actively being reviewed" on May 27th. To my surprise, on August 23, 2021 the application was approved and on August 26th it was sent to the Dept. of State. Has anyone ever had an I-130 approved that fast (approx. 3 months) without any request for expedite? Im just curious. 

I think mine was the exception...I was approved in two weeks and then the immigration visa was approved in about two months. After waiting 2 years 9 months I filed for citizenship and almost one year later I became a citizen.  Fast but it was still a lengthy  process. Best to you...

How could this be? My wife and I filed my petition on 29 Oct 2020, and it went to the Nebraska facility. We're STILL waiting 313 days later. How is it that some are being approved in 2 months and we're now on 11 months!? I don't have a criminal record, never outstayed a visa, never claimed government funding, we sent in more than enough evidence to prove we have a legitimate relationship. We've waited so long now that I'm actually now eligible for the IR1!! 

Any ideas why ours is taking so much longer than others??

On 8/30/2021 at 12:15 AM, cubanchic said:

Hello, 

I submitted an I-130 for my husband (he lives in Canada) on May 5, 2021. The status changed to "actively being reviewed" on May 27th. To my surprise, on August 23, 2021 the application was approved and on August 26th it was sent to the Dept. of State. Has anyone ever had an I-130 approved that fast (approx. 3 months) without any request for expedite? Im just curious. 

Mine was approved quickly but after that it’s been 16 months now and no interview yet just got dq august 1st

Just now, Shaunah11 said:

Mine was approved quickly but after that it’s been 16 months now and no interview yet just got dq august 1st

It’s Montreal consulate that is extremely behind…. Unfortunate the only consulate for i30 petitions in Canada as my husband applied for me and I’m in Canada he is usa. 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:15 PM, cubanchic said:

Hello, 

Ours was 128 days. Just over 4 months. 

Case Type
I130 - PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE
Section: Unmarried child under 21 of permanentresident, 203(a)(2)(A) INA
Submitted on July 5, 2021
California Service Center

It made me happy to see that your processes are progressing so quickly, is there such a chance for my case as well, or is it only valid for spouse applications?

Edited by calido
service center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Bret L Smith said:

Ours was 128 days. Just over 4 months. 

On the side note, you and your wife look good together...She seems very pretty and you look handsome...God Bless both of you...

On 8/31/2021 at 5:38 PM, TWISTIE said:

I have done a very extensive research just now and found that when we mail I-130 petition to USCIS then there is never a guarantee that USCIS will upload all your documents to their system...some people on here have also reported this. Thus, I have decided that I will be filing I-130 online as well and then later on will file I-129f thru mail after receiving receipt from USCIS unlike before when I wanted to do both petition together by mail. I don’t want them to not upload any of my documents especially when I would have a complicated case for having many red-flags...Do you have tips for me for filing I-130 online aside from what you have already described about your case? Do I need to make an account with USCIS? I never filed anything online with USCIS, so I am not much aware of anything about it. You would get receipt notice right away for filing I-130 online, right? We need to scan everything first and save them on our computer to upload for the petition, right? Is there any best scanner app? Or how did you scan the documents? Did you use any app for that?

Hey I just replied to your direct message but I am just seeing this post now. So sorry. Yes i recommend getting a USCIS account it allows you to get notifications via email rather than waiting on things to arrive via mail. They will still come in the mail though. Yes you get a receipt notice right away. You will need to scan the supporting documents but the i-130 form is already integrated into the online application. A blank I-130A will need to be downloaded and completed then uploaded to the online system. You do not have to submit you application on the same day that you start it. You can save your progress as you work through it and it will be stored for up to 30 days. If more than 30 days pass I think you will have to start over. The scanner app I used was Adobe Scan on my phone.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:03 AM, calido said:

Case Type
I130 - PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE
Section: Unmarried child under 21 of permanentresident, 203(a)(2)(A) INA
Submitted on July 5, 2021
California Service Center

It made me happy to see that your processes are progressing so quickly, is there such a chance for my case as well, or is it only valid for spouse applications?

Thank you. I honestly do not know but I wish you the best 🙂 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.