J&D1008

August 2021 K1 Filers - I129F

633 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

Your petitioner's senator may. Have him write to Ted Cruz. 😛

Lol! A lot wrote their congress and senators, both parties. Guess what they received? Canned messages.  😂🤣😂🤣🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Mar_ia said:

Lol! A lot wrote their congress and senators, both parties. Guess what they received? Canned messages.  😂🤣😂🤣🤣

Have you heard about Niagara Falls? Over millennia, water carved path through miles and miles of solid rock.

It's also called "death by a thousand cuts".

Polite. Professional.

Persistent.

Unyielding.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

Have you heard about Niagara Falls? Over millennia, water carved path through miles and miles of solid rock.

It's also called "death by a thousand cuts".

Polite. Professional.

Persistent.

Unyielding.

I heard about "death by a thousand cuts" it is a form of torture with your neighboring country. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It is a slow painful death as a form of idiomatic expression. 

With regards to Niagara falls, yes I've been there. What I can say with that is "water finds its way."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mar_ia said:

With regards to Niagara falls, yes I've been there. What I can say with that is "water finds its way."

Hoorayyyyyyy!!!!

https://youtu.be/2lfZP8gD2vE

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

Actually: If no consistent progress towards a level of 200 cases touched on a daily basis will be achieved in October, I will join you cookie monsters. 😄

That's 1,000 cases a week, correct? A level not seen since pre-Covid.

11 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

That's 1,000 cases a week, correct? A level not seen since pre-Covid.

That sounds like that was 10 years ago :P. Let's stop arguing and start crossing our fingers for something good to happen. :)

I might not have cookies on my rainbow side, but good spirits - which you will have to fight until I get an approved case :D

They also had not hit >500 (approved + denied, only 2021 filers) this year until two weeks ago btw. I mean this is all baby steps - but at this point, I am willing to take any upward movement.

July 5 to 8 245
July 11 to 15 351
July 18 to 22 330
July 25 to 29 349
Aug 1 to 5 341
Aug 8 to 12 389
Aug 15 to 19 405
Aug 22 to 26 450
Aug 29 to Sep 2 378
Sep 6 to 10 450
Sept 12 to 16 477
Sept 19 to 23 517

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15hiSOTm85W1CG6c0jzQ8B7lXLo1JEwsWKr3zIszC2Zg/edit#gid=1490814377

Edited by Nikobe

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

Let's stop arguing and start crossing our fingers for something good to happen. :)

Reds taking House and Senate (https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/house/elections-map.html), and then USCIS getting a greenlight to expedite everything by November 2024 to salvage the situation? 😋

12 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

Reds taking House and Senate (https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/house/elections-map.html), and then USCIS getting a greenlight to expedite everything by November 2024 to salvage the situation? 😋

You mean they cancel all employment based visas with the "tHeY tAkE oUr JoBs" rhetoric and USCIS can finally focus on K1s??? 🤪

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

You mean they cancel all employment based visas with the "tHeY tAkE oUr JoBs" rhetoric and USCIS can finally focus on K1s??? 🤪

photo_2022-10-04_12-28-31.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

They committed to improving I-129 employment visa processing.

They didn't say a word about I-129F spousal visas.

Not really true, I-129F is included in theird new cycle time goals: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/reducing-processing-backlogs

Although obviously we haven't seen any progress toward the 6-month goal, so the pessimism is still warranted.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, meladee said:

Not really true, I-129F is included in theird new cycle time goals: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/reducing-processing-backlogs

Although obviously we haven't seen any progress toward the 6-month goal, so the pessimism is still warranted.

Thank you for the correction.

17 minutes ago, Genzo10 said:

Maybe the processing time will began decrease at the end of the year like in December.

Nov filer here. The published processing times are backward looking,. If in each of the next three months they close more petitions that are waiting to be processed in the "current" month we could see the slippage slow down and actually start to decrease. To oversimplify by ignoring the sill untouched petitions from July and previous months, they  just started processing August. If this month Oct they close  more petitions than are outstanding for August; and In Nov they close more for Sep; and in Dec they process more for Oct....then we will see the published time decrease by end of year.

Can they do it? Sure, if they put a lot more resource on I129F.  Will they? I wouldn't bet my lunch on it. But the processing numbers from last Fri and yesterday are the first bit of encouragement in nearly a year of looking at data.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
23 hours ago, fenerbahce1907 said:

Monday's Update

118500: 24 Approvals (24 new / 0 in progress)
119000: 20 Approvals (20 new / 0 in progress)
119500: 13 Approvals (13 new / 0 in progress)
122500: 1 Expedite(Denied: 1) (1 new / 0 in progress)
123000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
127000: 1 Expedite(Denied: 1) (1 new / 0 in progress)
130000: 1 Expedite(Denied: 1) (1 new / 0 in progress)
10/03/22: 61 Total Updates: 58 Approvals, 3 Expedites(Denied: 3)

20 of the updates are from July, maybe better to separate that from August count?

July(20) + August(41)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.