J&D1008

August 2021 K1 Filers - I129F

633 posts in this topic

Hi guys , I am not back. I just wanted to scan one last time before I deleted everything. 

02/18/23: 6 Total Updates: 6 RFERs

120500: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)
123000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)
125000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)
126000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)
127000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)
131500: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

---------------------

02/21/23: 11 Total Updates: 11 Approvals

123000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
124500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
125500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
126000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
127000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
130000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
131000: 2 Approvals (1 new / 1 in progress)
131500: 3 Approvals (2 new / 1 in progress)

---------------------

02/22/23: 16 Total Updates: 4 Approvals, 1 RFES, 8 RFERs, 2 Denials, 1 Other (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction)

119500: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)
120000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
120500: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
124500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
126000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
126500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
127000: 1 Other (Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction) (1 new / 0 in progress)
127500: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)
128000: 1 RFES, 2 RFERs (0 new / 3 in progress)
130000: 1 RFER, 1 Denial (0 new / 2 in progress)
130500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
131000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

Total for this month: 109 Untouched, 2788 Approvals, 311 RFESs, 154 RFERs, 400 Denials, 7 Expedites(Denied: 7), 183 Withdrawals, 81 Others

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
37 minutes ago, fenerbahce1907 said:

Congrats !!!!!! The nightmare is over. and you got lucky. Nvc phase is faster than before !!! Happy for you!!

Thank you so much!!!

It's really hard to gauge how long we will have to wait for the interview, my guess is anywhere from 3-6 months from now.

Hope what you say about NVC is true! 🤞

On 2/26/2023 at 1:53 AM, SaraClaire11 said:

Thank you so much!!!

It's really hard to gauge how long we will have to wait for the interview, my guess is anywhere from 3-6 months from now.

Hope what you say about NVC is true! 🤞

You will wait less than 3 months. Because Uscis usually ships cases to nvc in 30 days. Nvc will progress cases less than 17 days. You can check time frames for NVC. Here is the link

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

My best guess , you will wait 2 more months and then your case will be at embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello all! I hope everyone is getting closer to being with their significant others.

I just received instructions from the Embassy in Belgrade yesterday. Does anyone know if the DS-160 can be filled out by the petitioner on behalf of the beneficiary?

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 hours ago, Syntax said:

Hello all! I hope everyone is getting closer to being with their significant others.

I just received instructions from the Embassy in Belgrade yesterday. Does anyone know if the DS-160 can be filled out by the petitioner on behalf of the beneficiary?

Thank you!

You can always fill it out together remotely.  Windows comes with a remote assistant app. Just click on the start button and type "Quick Assist"  without the quotations to launch the program.

Timeline
12 hours ago, biscoito1r said:

You can always fill it out together remotely.  Windows comes with a remote assistant app. Just click on the start button and type "Quick Assist"  without the quotations to launch the program.

I understand that is an option. My question is, are there any rules against me filling out form DS-160 and submitting it from the USA? Would it be grounds for denial?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Syntax said:

I understand that is an option. My question is, are there any rules against me filling out form DS-160 and submitting it from the USA? Would it be grounds for denial?

1.  No

2.  No

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, Crazy Cat said:

1.  No

2.  No

My question to you is:  Why choose a K-1?

Thank you. When I filed my I-129F back in 08/2021, the K-1 visa was much quicker then. Had I known it would’ve dragged out this long, I would have went CR-1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Syntax said:

Thank you. When I filed my I-129F back in 08/2021, the K-1 visa was much quicker then. Had I known it would’ve dragged out this long, I would have went CR-1.

Thanks.  I saw that after I asked the question.  I hereby withdraw.  Thanks.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.