islandgirltt21

Determining Which USCIS Service Center Will Process My Online I-130 From Florida

9 posts in this topic

I (Petitioner - I am filing the I-130 petition for my spouse), I current live in Florida and my spouse live in the Caribbean. 

Where will my spouse I-130 online petition will be processed (which USCIS Service Center) ??

Because different USCIS Service Center processing time differs as at august 2021:

Processing time at California Service Center - 23.5 Mths to 30.5 Mths  - now processing petition received from Feb 15, 2019

Processing time at Nebraska Service Center - 1.5 Mths to  7 Mths  - now processing petition received from Jan 24, 2021

Processing time at Potomac Service Center - 22 Mths to 29 Mths  - now processing petition received from April 07, 2019

Processing time at Texas Service Center - 1 Week to 7 Mths - now processing petition received from Jan 24, 2021

Processing time at Vermont Service Center - 19 Mths to 24.5 Mths  - now processing petition received from Aug 20, 2019

56 minutes ago, islandgirltt21 said:

I (Petitioner - I am filing the I-130 petition for my spouse), I current live in Florida and my spouse live in the Caribbean. 

Where will my spouse I-130 online petition will be processed (which USCIS Service Center) ??

Because different USCIS Service Center processing time differs as at august 2021:

Processing time at California Service Center - 23.5 Mths to 30.5 Mths  - now processing petition received from Feb 15, 2019

Processing time at Nebraska Service Center - 1.5 Mths to  7 Mths  - now processing petition received from Jan 24, 2021

Processing time at Potomac Service Center - 22 Mths to 29 Mths  - now processing petition received from April 07, 2019

Processing time at Texas Service Center - 1 Week to 7 Mths - now processing petition received from Jan 24, 2021

Processing time at Vermont Service Center - 19 Mths to 24.5 Mths  - now processing petition received from Aug 20, 2019

There is no way to predict, as it is not based on your residential location at all.

When you get your receipt notice, it will say which service center has it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, islandgirltt21 said:

Theres really is no way to predict or control which service center takes over your petition.  I live in Washington and Nebraska picks ours up.  You would think California would've picked it up. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, islandgirltt21 said:

Everyone is correct. It is not location-based and it is like entering the lottery hoping that yours go to the fastest one. I live near Northern California so I thought mine would go to CA but luckily went to Nebraska.

I also noticed now after you pointed out that in Texas it is 1 week to 7 months for Permanent Residents filing for spouse while USC have to wait 9 months to 11.5 months. You would think they would prioritize USC in Texas LOL. I don’t get their logic….I am not complaining but USC should always take priority as they are citizens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The only way to know exactly which service center has  your petition is to open an online account.then wait until you receive an acceptance  online account  notice of action in your mail with a code how to access your online account. On that notice of action .all the way down on the left side  of the notice shows the service center where your application is gonna be processed ..someone can correct me if im wrong.but you always have to expect  a transfer .never know.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
31 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Everyone is correct. It is not location-based and it is like entering the lottery hoping that yours go to the fastest one. I live near Northern California so I thought mine would go to CA but luckily went to Nebraska.

I also noticed now after you pointed out that in Texas it is 1 week to 7 months for Permanent Residents filing for spouse while USC have to wait 9 months to 11.5 months. You would think they would prioritize USC in Texas LOL. I don’t get their logic….I am not complaining but USC should always take priority as they are citizens.

Well for LPR. .if they approve their petitions. the wait is so long . But for usc. If they re approved.the wait is short. Thats the benefits of a usc applying for a spouse or parents or a child under 21.a visa is always available when approved.

11 minutes ago, Hanane I said:

Well for LPR. .if they approve their petitions. the wait is so long .

Note that F2A has been "Current" since July 2019 visa bulletin: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html But at some point the category could be over subscribed and thus it would retrogress.

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

So with both the physical mailed in i-130 form and the online form, you can not choose which service center it will go to?  I figured if you are mailing it in, you would mail it to the specific service center nearest to you. 

2 hours ago, nmsunrise said:

So with both the physical mailed in i-130 form and the online form, you can not choose which service center it will go to?

That is correct.

2 hours ago, nmsunrise said:

I figured if you are mailing it in, you would mail it to the specific service center nearest to you. 

Nothing is mailed directly to Service Centers. When filing the I-130 by mail there are specific Lockbox addresses depending on the circumstances: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130-addresses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.