Vytra

Attending F2A Interview for Wife's Children

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife has sole custody of her two children. She is a permanent resident. We are still waiting for their appointment date. NVC has accepted their documents. 

On the website, it says,. "Yes. Applicants under the age of 20 must attend their visa interview with at least one parent. If the child is an orphan, or both parents are outside the Philippines, a legal guardian must accompany the child."

My wife is outside the Philippines. She is in the USA as well as I am. The father has no custody and no contact with the children.

For me to attend the interview, what kind of documentation would I need to bring?

F2A Visa

I-130 submitted: 03/05/2020

I-130 NOA1: 03/10/2020

I-I30 NOA2: 02/03/2021

DQ at NVC: 06/24/2021

Who is taking care of the kids in the Philippines? That person seems the only practical choice, unless you and your wife are willing to travel and quarantine in the PH to attend the interview.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

^^^ BINGO^^^

The embassy will accept a letter appointing that person as guardian of the children for attending the interview.    Many have used grandma or grandpa, or even an aunt or uncle.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.