7 posts in this topic

Hello!

we just started our own timeline on visajourney and after receiving NOA1 we got the processing estimates, but we don't understand , is this the estimate of starting to process our filing or the estimate of the the date when the beneficiary will get the visa?

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between June 13, 2022 and June 23, 2022*.

Thank you!

Ambra&Dillon

6 minutes ago, AmbraDillon said:

Hello!

we just started our own timeline on visajourney and after receiving NOA1 we got the processing estimates, but we don't understand , is this the estimate of starting to process our filing or the estimate of the the date when the beneficiary will get the visa?

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between June 13, 2022 and June 23, 2022*.

Thank you!

Ambra&Dillon

It is the estimate for when the petition will be adjudicated, which means looked at/evaluated/processed by USCIS.

On 8/22/2021 at 3:09 AM, AmbraDillon said:

is this the estimate of starting to process our filing or the estimate of the the date when the beneficiary will get the visa?

That estimate is only for the 1st stage which is from petition filing to approval.  After the petition is approved, your case will be forwarded to NVC, then the consulate/embassy.

The below is an example timeline taken from someone here for illustration purposes, you are at the step before that which is highlighted, you are waiting for your NOA2, the estimate is for when your I130 will be asses and then hopefully issued the NOA2. 

• December 17, 2020:  Married in xxxxxx
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130 Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130 Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bill
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs 
  • July 08, 2021: Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • xxxx  : send Interview Letter (IL)
  • xxxx: attend Medical Exam 
  • xxxx: attend Interview 
  • xxxx: receive Passport with Visa 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

13 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

The below is an example timeline taken from someone here for illustration purposes, you are at the step before that which is highlighted, you are waiting for your NOA2, the estimate is for when your I130 will be asses and then hopefully issued the NOA2. 

• December 17, 2020:  Married in xxxxxx
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130 Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130 Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bill
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs 
  • July 08, 2021: Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • xxxx  : send Interview Letter (IL)
  • xxxx: attend Medical Exam 
  • xxxx: attend Interview 
  • xxxx: receive Passport with Visa 

Your timeline looks very fast...How did you manage have it so quick? 

28 minutes ago, AmbraDillon said:

Your timeline looks very fast...How did you manage have it so quick? 

That's not my timeline, it's from another member only used to illustrate the steps for you. 

The speed at which each step takes varies depending on a number of factors each different at each stage, overarching all of this is the pandemic which is slowly down processing at all stages due to staff shortages and closure of various centres and embassies etc.

For where you are at the moment, the assessment of the I-130 by the USCIS, is dependant on the centre that is processing your application. I don't think you have any say on which centre processes your application, and I believe the USCIS will transfer applications to different centres based on factors that are unknown. There are anecdotal reports that the type of application (country of origin for petitioner, etc) can have an impact and those cases are sent to certain centres, no idea if this is true. 

The timeframes reported by VisaJourney are usually in the right ballpark, as they are based off others reporting their results. 

You can see the disparity in processing times at the USCIS stage by looking up the I130 application and look at the different time frames in the link below: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

An example for a U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, across two centres is: 

Texas : 9 Months to 11.5 Months

Nebraska: 1.5 Months to 7 Months

Huge Difference. 

If you're lucky you may get transferred to a service centre with faster speeds.

Edited by Saqib-s

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.