Mandy124

Filing N600k Online application from outside of the US

14 posts in this topic

Hello , I filed the N600K for my two children using the USCIS online application. I received the message that says a receipt notice has been sent however I have two questions

1) I later read somewhere that since I reside outside of the US , online filing isn't available for the N600k. Is this true? And if so does that mean I can get a refund since I paid the fees and received a receipt for the payment as well. 

2) when they say they have sent a receipt notice,  do they mean it is sent by email or the notice is just this message because I did not receive the email where the notice is supposed to be, however whenever I check my case status it says that they have sent a notice. 

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED, thank you! 

1 hour ago, Mandy124 said:

I later read somewhere that since I reside outside of the US , online filing isn't available for the N600k. Is this true?

That is not true. You can definitely file it online.

Which country's passport do your children currently have? They'll eventually have to be temporarily present in the US for the N-600K interview and oath.

when they say they have sent a receipt notice,  do they mean it is sent by email or the notice is just this message

On your online USCIS account there should be a section for "USCIS notices"

Screenshot_20200213-135934.png

Edited by HRQX

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your help. I hope you are right because I did receive receipt notice and I just checked it , it simply says that the next step is to wait for approval. I have applied for two of my children which is a lot of money. I wish there was a way to be sure that the online application is accepted from abroad.

I wish there was a way to be sure that the online application is accepted from abroad.

The receipt notice is exactly the proof that the online application has been accepted for processing.

I did receive receipt notice and I just checked it , it simply says that the next step is to wait for approval.

Note that your children's N-600K will not be granted without an interview in the US.  Do your children have B1/B2 visas or passports from countries under VWP?

31 minutes ago, Chancy said:

The receipt notice is exactly the proof that the online application has been accepted for processing.

Note that your children's N-600K will not be granted without an interview in the US.  Do your children have B1/B2 visas or passports from countries under VWP?

Yes, definitely aware. I will start applying for a visa as soon as possible. I am just worried because I later read on the uscis website that if I am filing from outside of the US,  it cannot be online. I don't want to wait for no reason,  however like you said the receipt notice should be proof enough that its being processed hopefully. 🤞

5 minutes ago, Mandy124 said:

I am just worried because I later read on the uscis website that if I am filing from outside of the US,  it cannot be online.

Here's a recent report from a VJ member who successfully completed the N-600K process for his children, starting with an online filing while living overseas --

• 4 months later...

Hi Mandy124

Please can I ask whether your application has now been processed? Was filing online from outside the US accepted? 

I am just starting applications for my children and wondering whether to try it online or not.

Also, on the online form, it won't let me enter my phone numbers as they don't fit the format of a US number. It also won't accept leaving them blank or writing 'None'. Did you have that problem? How did you work around it?

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Mandy, 

I have already submitted an  online N600K form for my oldest kid, and now I am needing to submit another one form for my youngest kid, but I am  not quite sure if I need to create a new account for my second kid since I'm getting this message  "You already submitted Form N-600K or started a draft. You cannot file a new one."  Could you please share your experience?  did you have to create 2 USCIS online accounts to applied for each child?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi I'm in the process of filling out n600k form online for my kids too. I created account and was able to process one of kids applications but couldn't seem to add another application. Did you have any trouble applying for multiple kids/applications??  Did you have to set up different accounts any info would be most helpful. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 1/26/2023 at 2:22 PM, Teodora Samara said:

Hi! Can you please let me know how did you file the two N-600K for your children online? When I try to add a second in my account it says not permitted. DId you create two accounts?

HI just wondering did you ever get to the bottom of this 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.