w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Surrender Or Die, Pakistani President Tells Terrorists Inside Pakistan's Red Mosque

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Toughening his stance over the Red Mosque stand off, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf said Saturday the students and the cleric holed up in the mosque must surrender or face death.

The pro-Taliban mosque has been in the eye of a storm in the recent months with its insistence on implementation of Islamic Sharia law in the country.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007848355

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Toughening his stance over the Red Mosque stand off, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf said Saturday the students and the cleric holed up in the mosque must surrender or face death.

The pro-Taliban mosque has been in the eye of a storm in the recent months with its insistence on implementation of Islamic Sharia law in the country.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007848355

Well, they should die soon, less terrorist in my eyes is a good thing...

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Now if our president would have 1/2 the testicles of Musharraf to make a statement like that, maybe we'd start seeing some results :idea:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Now if our president would have 1/2 the testicles of Musharraf to make a statement like that, maybe we'd start seeing some results :idea:
One problem here: At the time the seeds of Taliban were laid, Musharraf was part of (currently chief of) an organisation (Pak military) which planted those seeds. You may have noticed the absence of reports about Mush sending troops against Karachi's Binori Mosque (just as radical as Red Mosque).

Because it's partly ethnic here: Red Mosque has mainly Punjabis (and some Pashtuns) while Binori is 99% mohajir (exact same group as Musharraf).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I'm not interested in reading about ultimata issued against terrorists. Just smoke that scum out!
One defect in that idea.

Musharraf seems to have taken a page from "Operation Bluestar". There is one quite serious difference between Bhindranwale's thugs and the ones in Red Mosque: a global perspective.

And considering that the death of Bhindranwale certainly caused many terrorist acts aimed against India...in this case, we can't predict that the revenge acts will be limited to those against Pakistan.

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

Bring back napalm.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I'm not interested in reading about ultimata issued against terrorists. Just smoke that scum out!
One defect in that idea.

Musharraf seems to have taken a page from "Operation Bluestar". There is one quite serious difference between Bhindranwale's thugs and the ones in Red Mosque: a global perspective.

Just smoke the scum out globally. Better yet, have them smoke each other out.

Edited by ET-US2004

One defect in that idea.

.... Better yet, have them smoke each other out.
THAT sounds a bit more workable, since Pak military are full of such scum (Zia was exactly of that ilk).

Senior officer killed as Lal Masjid siege enters 6th day

ISLAMABAD, July 8 (AFP) –Militants entrenched in Islamabad’s Lal Masjid shot dead a senior Pakistani army officer during fierce clashes with troops on the sixth day of the siege on Sunday . Colonel Haroon Islam was leading an operation to help free some of the women and children being used as human shields by the militants inside the fortified mosque complex when he was shot, the army said. Major General Waheed Arshad told AFP another army officer was injured in the fighting. “Rashid Ghazi and his militants were responsible for the killing of a senior army officer,” Information Minister Mohammad Ali Durrani said. “The operation will continue and Ghazi has to surrender.” Security forces have held back from raiding the now bullet-pocked mosque but there have been intense clashes around the perimeter. Security forces blew up sections of the compound wall during the night and there were further intense exchanges of fire, a security official said early Sunday. “Security forces dynamited the wall to allow people inside to come out.” They risked being shot by militants if they attempted to climb the wall, which is seven to eight feet high, he said. Cleric Abdul Rasheed Ghazi claimed security forces had killed 30 female and 40 male students in the siege. The women were buried at the site, he said. The government says the total death toll is 20. The cleric said he and his followers had enough rations, arms and ammunition inside the compound to “fight for another 25 to 30 days and we will do that, God willing.” (Posted @ 09:48 PST)

Storming Red Mosque will spark Islamic uprising, says rebel cleric

In a statement carried yesterday by newspapers in Pakistan, the radical cleric holed inside the building, Abdul Rashid Ghazi, said that if he and his followers were to die, their deaths would spark an Islamic revolution. He has repeatedly said that he would prefer martyrdom to surrender. "We have firm belief in God that our blood will lead to a revolution," he said.

In a statement carried yesterday by newspapers in Pakistan, the radical cleric holed inside the building, Abdul Rashid Ghazi, said that if he and his followers were to die, their deaths would spark an Islamic revolution. He has repeatedly said that he would prefer martyrdom to surrender. "We have firm belief in God that our blood will lead to a revolution," he said.

Someone there apparently takes that quite seriously (and maybe it needs to be taken seriously) as the Pakistani gov't would have otherwise taken them out by now. Shitty situation for the gov't - seems that they'll lose no matter what the approach. It's fcuked up.

Someone there apparently takes that quite seriously (and maybe it needs to be taken seriously) as the Pakistani gov't would have otherwise taken them out by now. Shitty situation for the gov't - seems that they'll lose no matter what the approach. It's fcuked up.

This situation has echoes of Operation Bluestar written all over it.

Pakistanis see a conspiracy in Lal Masjid siege

Islamabad's Lal Masjid, or Red Mosque, has championed Islamic jihadism for years with support and tolerance from the army now besieging it, say Pakistani scholars and analysts. At the least, they say, the crisis is "blowback" from years of discreet support by military intelligence agencies for Lal Masjid's militants.

Many Pakistanis go farther, saying the drama is largely staged by "the agencies," as they are called here. Suggesting just that, Najam Sethi, one of the country's most distinguished journalists, wrote in the weekly Friday Times that "it is curious that the Lal Masjid affair has hogged the media precisely when [a] more substantive national issue" -- Musharraf's attempt to oust the country's chief justice and manipulate the Supreme Court -- has been hurting him politically.

Such conspiracy theories get serious consideration here because the military has made a habit of political manipulation. In the 50 years since Pakistan's military first seized power, it has discreetly shaped civilian politics and religious institutions to maintain its influence and prosecute its wars -- a history documented in recent years by Pakistani authors such as Harvard University scholar Hassan Abbas and Boston University's Hussain Haqqani.

The military has used jihad, or Islamic holy war, as a foreign policy weapon -- to battle India for control of Kashmir and to keep influence over Afghanistan. Through its vast intelligence agencies, the military has quietly backed mosques, madrassas (religious schools), religious charities and guerrilla groups that promoted such "jihads."

For years, Pakistanis have widely understood and applauded the military's support for jihadists in Kashmir and Afghanistan. More controversial is agencies such as Military Intelligence and the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate (ISI) using their militant networks to manipulate domestic politics.

ISI and the other agencies got into the jihad business in a big way in the 1980s under the authoritarian Gen. Muhammad Zia ul-Haq. They managed the massive, CIA-funded program to train and arm the Afghan mujahideen fighting Soviet occupation. And they spawned violent groups among Pakistan's majority Sunni sect to attack the newly assertive Shia minority.

Lal Masjid, founded by a mullah named Muhammad Abdullah, was a strong supporter of those government-favored "jihads," preaching on their behalf and helping them recruit fighters. "He was amply rewarded" by authorities who, for example, let him expand his mosque by encroaching on state lands, Sethi wrote.

bring it on scumbags

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG