Justin09

Philippine CFO - Certificate of No Marriage Question

21 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2021 at 7:41 AM, Tahoma said:

The CFO would be unnecessary if the U.S. Embassy simply handed out what-to-do-in-case-of-abuse flyers to each visa applicant.

Once a government agency has been created and given power, you really think it would be easily removed? Not to mention that CFO no longer even discusses that topic.

Edited by RO_AH

My wife just completed the CFO and I listened in Skype during the call. The persons job (whether this is by directive or her self understanding) was to validate our relationship. Nothing was said about living in America, what to do in case of emergency, where to get help, etc. If these things were the main mission of the CFO (which I believe was the reason for creating it) I would think that it was a good thing. As with any government agency it grows, changes , and tries to assume more power than it has or should have. While my wife's experience was a very easy process, I really feel for others. After less than 10 minutes on the phone the person said she believes we have a "real" relationship and she will approve her. We have been together 10 years and have 2 kids.

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, payxibka said:

I didn't.   The USA has no such document. CFO should know this.

FYI.  This is better asked in the Philippines regional forum 

Maybe CFO would be happy with a PSA CENOMAR ? Apparently foreigners can get it too - to prove they were never married in PH (for what is worth...)

On 8/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, top_secret said:

I've heard of an affidavit of eligibility for marriage being asked as a requirement for a foreigner to marry in the Philippines.  But not by CFO.  If CFO is asking, maybe they suspect a previous Philippine marriage for some reason.  Foreigners can get a CENOMAR or Advisory of Marriage from PSA.  Maybe that's all they want if it doesn't create any problems.

I recently heard of the NEW LATEST, all time weirdest, totally no one could make this s#@t up, requirement from a CFO counselor.  Apparently the counselor found out the foreign fiance had a know Filipina ex-girlfriend.  So the new fiancee, who has applied for the CFO, was told she needed to contact the ex-girlfriend and get an affidavit from her about the reasons she broke up with the foreign boyfriend.  I never heard the outcome though.  I can't see how that could possibly end well.

CFO are now the guardians of morality instead of safety for Filipinas. CFO was created to prevent Pinay from being trafficked / sold as sex slaves or poorly paid workforce, but the problem doesnt exist anymore so they are trying to find new purpose. Philippines has been for a few years in the same group as UK and most of Europe when it comes to human trafficking. Interpol works well, everybody now has a phone with internet and camera, biometric passports are the new norm. How do you sell an adult woman on darknet ??? Crazy...

They should rather focus on millions of single mothers in PH without any support from their Pinoy bf's and on millions living in new relationships without annulment.

Not forgetting that before covid PH was a global playground for sexpats (PH immigration not asking those guys for CENOMARs, divorce decrees or criminal records but when you are trying to give a FIlipina better life abroad then you are a SUSPECT)

On 8/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, top_secret said:

I recently heard of the NEW LATEST, all time weirdest, totally no one could make this s#@t up, requirement from a CFO counselor.  Apparently the counselor found out the foreign fiance had a know Filipina ex-girlfriend.  So the new fiancee, who has applied for the CFO, was told she needed to contact the ex-girlfriend and get an affidavit from her about the reasons she broke up with the foreign boyfriend.  I never heard the outcome though.  I can't see how that could possibly end well.

Wait till you hear what PH immigration officers demand from girls going as tourists to Dubai or Maldives !

They must present an Affidavit of Support from A RELATIVE living there or travel with parents or the foreign bf has to notarize such paper in those places (so has to go there early, having no reassurance his gf will be allowed to even board a plane !)

On 8/20/2021 at 7:41 PM, Tahoma said:

You’re right.  However, the CFO really doesn’t want to know whether you’ve ever been married.  They want to know if you’re currently married, and a tax return doesn’t prove that either.

Years ago, there was a CFO employee that kept asking for proof that you weren’t married. It seems that there is another one now.  Back then, submitting your tax return solved the problem.

Some CFO counselors still want the full relationship history from a foreigner ! 

If divorced - no. of times/ date of divorce/ reason(s) ; with kid(s)? / age(s) 

If unmarried partners - how long / how many / kids / who brok up ?

They are guardians of morality now (for the West - not in the Phils ofc)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.