RO_AH

9(a) Visa

25 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RO_AH said:

They called me today. They said the visa will be good for 90 days and recommended that I wait to get it since I am not leaving until October. According to her I must leave the Philippines before it expires. I said, no I would like to have it now. I will be leaving the Philippines before November so I would rather have it now. They sent it out and I should receive it tomorrow..

Congratz finally

3 hours ago, RO_AH said:

They called me today. They said the visa will be good for 90 days and recommended that I wait to get it since I am not leaving until October. According to her I must leave the Philippines before it expires. I said, no I would like to have it now. I will be leaving the Philippines before November so I would rather have it now. They sent it out and I should receive it tomorrow..

A 9A visa is valid for 90 days. You must use it (enter the RP) within 90 days. On entry you are allowed to stay 59 days and must leave or extend within that 59 days.

7 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I just looked at the visa I was given.  My original visa was good for 3 months, from October 30 2020 to Jan 29, 2021.  However it states the period of stay allowed is 59 days.  What they mean is, I had to enter the Philippines within that 90 day period, but once I entered I had 59 days before I had to extend.  The Consulate told me the same thing that it was 90 days and unextendable but they were talking oranges when I was talking apples.  However they are talking the time period that you have to enter the country, not the validity of stay you are allowed.  Unless something has changed (and I dont think it has) the same rules should apply to you.  However once you get your visa let us know.  It will be stated on the visa itself.

Edit:  I just saw @Skymanpost.  He is correct.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

It used to cause a lot of problems when they allowed multiple entry visas and people thought they could buy a 1 year visa for $90. And then they flew to the Philippines and only got a 59 day stamp.

I finally got it and you were correct @Skyman & @flicks1998 entry is 90 days with 59 days period of stay. It is listed as a spouse visa and not a parent visa so I will need to bring a copy of our marriage certificate.

20210817_172243.jpg.9639a505255bb46be73333b5c851a001.jpg

45 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I finally got it and you were correct @Skyman & @flicks1998 entry is 90 days with 59 days period of stay. It is listed as a spouse visa and not a parent visa so I will need to bring a copy of our marriage certificate.

20210817_172243.jpg.9639a505255bb46be73333b5c851a001.jpg

Great. Have a good trip. Correct, since it’s for a spouse just the marriage certificate is fine.  Just make sure you enter before November 15 :)  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

2 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Great. Have a good trip. Correct, since it’s for a spouse just the marriage certificate is fine.  Just make sure you enter before November 15 :)  

Thanks! My flight there is on the 12th of October and I will be there around 3 weeks.

8 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Thanks! My flight there is on the 12th of October and I will be there around 3 weeks.

Which airline?  I think the best option to get to Cebu right now is the PAL direct flight from LAX.

16 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Which airline?  I think the best option to get to Cebu right now is the PAL direct flight from LAX.

PAL HNL > MNL direct. My wife lives about 90 minute drive from Manila.

That is great it shows on the visa you do not need the EED so they can't pull the where is your letter like they have been doing with some in the past. Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.