jd2502

I-130 for Parents - RFE Response Query

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I received an RFE on I-130 petition for my Father. I would like to know when responding with the documents do we just have to respond on the online portal for USCIS as the petition was filed online. Or do we have to physically send the documents for RFE response in the mail as well to them for the review.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please read the RFE and follow the instructions. The RFE will specify what documents they need and how to send them in.

To provide a more specific response, you will have to attach the RFE to this thread. No one will be able to give you a specific answer unless we know what is being asked for

Timeline
4 hours ago, randy32 said:

Please read the RFE and follow the instructions. The RFE will specify what documents they need and how to send them in.

To provide a more specific response, you will have to attach the RFE to this thread. No one will be able to give you a specific answer unless we know what is being asked for

They have asked for a reason for late marriage certificate and my birth certificate to prove more authenticity of Father-Son relationship.

16 hours ago, jd2502 said:

They have asked for a reason for late marriage certificate and my birth certificate to prove more authenticity of Father-Son relationship.

Then that is what you send and there has to be a method of submitting those. Online and/or via regular mail and usually with a copy of the RFE place on top.

Edited by randy32

Timeline
8 minutes ago, randy32 said:

Then that is what you send and there has to be a method of submitting those. Online and/or via regular mail and usually with a copy of the RFE place on top.

I do see a RFE response method on my online account under my case number. So my question was do I need to just upload it online in the portal or do I need to send the physical copy as well to the given address in the RFE copy.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, jd2502 said:

I do see a RFE response method on my online account under my case number. So my question was do I need to just upload it online in the portal or do I need to send the physical copy as well to the given address in the RFE copy.

Thanks.

What is the response method given to you on the RFE? Does it specify how to respond? Having the option to upload online does not mean that is the option on the RFE.

Read the notice. If you were given the online, regular mail or both option then respond accordingly. Like I mentioned early, without seeing the wording on the RFE, I can't suggest which option you should use.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/10/2021 at 5:33 AM, randy32 said:

What is the response method given to you on the RFE? Does it specify how to respond? Having the option to upload online does not mean that is the option on the RFE.

Read the notice. If you were given the online, regular mail or both option then respond accordingly. Like I mentioned early, without seeing the wording on the RFE, I can't suggest which option you should use.

Hi! I have the same issue. Yesterday I was notified via email that there was a status update. When I opened my CEAC account, I have two new messages saying "Please submit every 2020 W-2/1099 form for joint sponsor 1" and another same message for joint sponsor 2.

Can I just add it on the portal for each? It didn't say upload or mail. It simply says submit.

On the portal under Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence, it says ACCEPTED. Upon clikcing the word accepted it goes to another page where I can find all the submitted documents and the bottom portion has a link to Add Document for  Additional AOS Supporting Documentation for JOINT SPONSOR 1.

Also, since this is just an additional documentation. Will my case run another 3-4 months before they'll review this again? 

17 hours ago, Chairmaine said:

Hi! I have the same issue. Yesterday I was notified via email that there was a status update. When I opened my CEAC account, I have two new messages saying "Please submit every 2020 W-2/1099 form for joint sponsor 1" and another same message for joint sponsor 2.

Can I just add it on the portal for each? It didn't say upload or mail. It simply says submit.

On the portal under Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence, it says ACCEPTED. Upon clikcing the word accepted it goes to another page where I can find all the submitted documents and the bottom portion has a link to Add Document for  Additional AOS Supporting Documentation for JOINT SPONSOR 1.

Also, since this is just an additional documentation. Will my case run another 3-4 months before they'll review this again? 

Under normal circumstances, after you respond to the RFE, it would be processed within 90 days. Now, I can't tell what they are doing.

With regards to how to respond the RFE, read the RFE letter.

Having the option to submit online may not be the request means to respond.

Read the RFE on how to respond.

The image is from an RFE that specified response by mail. If it is not specified, then I would submit online.

FYI the option to respond online was there but the letter said by mail.

So again read the RFE letter

uscis.JPG

Edited by randy32

Timeline
18 hours ago, Chairmaine said:

I think for the NVC stage at CEAC portal you just need to upload the documents again under the petitioner section as you did the first time. NVC does not ask you to mail the documents to them unlike USCIS RFE

And regarding the timeline to process I think they review the documents in the order of when it was received per case bases. You can track which time period they are reviewing at this time via following link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Hope that answers your questions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, jd2502 said:

I think for the NVC stage at CEAC portal you just need to upload the documents again under the petitioner section as you did the first time. NVC does not ask you to mail the documents to them unlike USCIS RFE

And regarding the timeline to process I think they review the documents in the order of when it was received per case bases. You can track which time period they are reviewing at this time via following link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Hope that answers your questions.

I just submitted the required forms.

Based on the link they are working on documents submitted on JULY 8, does it mean for my RFE I need to wait for few a months again for them to touch base with the additional forms they asked?

:( 

image.png.64066e4d2c234321de50ff4d48495f97.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.