Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Fobosdaemios said:

I'm just curious how did you even book an appointment online for COVID 19 Test from Walgreens? It requires you to input driver's license. I tried to input Canadian driver's license and it would let me click submit. 

Has anyone else try this?

Did my test at Walgreens back in Jan when I was there for Christmas. I entered my Canadian driver’s license number and just chose the state I was in from the drop down list and it was accepted.  It’s basically just to identify you for your appointment. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

I just called NVC to follow up the review of our submitted documents. The agent said that our case assigned date for documents review is Jun 8 while I submitted all on June 3. He said there was a CEAC system problem and more cases were also assigned to a different dates not with their actual date of they complete submitted the documents. This is totally not acceptable for us waiting to get being documentarily complete. They should fix it and assigned it with the actual date of complete submission of the documents. 

That is indeed so unfair! The same thing happened to @alphabetagamma several weeks ago. How can they let an "error" in their system go unfixed for so long!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
17 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

I just called NVC to follow up the review of our submitted documents. The agent said that our case assigned date for documents review is Jun 8 while I submitted all on June 3. He said there was a CEAC system problem and more cases were also assigned to a different dates not with their actual date of they complete submitted the documents. This is totally not acceptable for us waiting to get being documentarily complete. They should fix it and assigned it with the actual date of complete submission of the documents. My assumption was correct then, that NVC somehow making delaying tactics so that they will not be flooded with backlogs of documentarily complete since there are a lot of applicants who already submitted all the documents. They are trying to slow it down to review applicant's documents or move their submittal date just like what happened to me. On Jul 5th they are reviewing documents submitted to NVC on Jun 2. Then for Jul 12, they are reviewing documents submitted on Jun 4. In a week they move only 2 days. It's like a snail movement of priority dates. My apologies for venting out my frustration. 

Real example here. I submitted everything on May 17 and when the deadline was already crossed, I called them. My date was moved to May 30 for document submission due to a system glitch. And I got DQ on Jun 30. Still to be honest, its not that bad. A few months back they were taking 3 months to approve I think.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

Real example here. I submitted everything on May 17 and when the deadline was already crossed, I called them. My date was moved to May 30 for document submission due to a system glitch. And I got DQ on Jun 30. Still to be honest, its not that bad. A few months back they were taking 3 months to approve I think.

That 3 months mark to get approve/documentarily complete was on those cases who's documents submitted last yr. if you go to the spreadsheet and look for the timelines of our folks, you will be able to see the time frames of their waiting time to get documentarily complete. What I have seen some get's DQ'd even in just 2 or 3 weeks for some folks last yr DQ'd. For me one thing is clear, they want to lower the numbers of backlog on Consulate waiting for interviews, so they will slow down the reviews of documents. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

That 3 months mark to get approve/documentarily complete was on those cases who's documents submitted last yr. if you go to the spreadsheet and look for the timelines of our folks, you will be able to see the time frames of their waiting time to get documentarily complete. What I have seen some get's DQ'd even in just 2 or 3 weeks for some folks last yr DQ'd. For me one thing is clear, they want to lower the numbers of backlog on Consulate waiting for interviews, so they will slow down the reviews of documents. 

I agree with you. It's quite a possibility. Anyways I hope you get DQ'd soon. Don't worry you'll get there. 

For me personally, I'm already mentally prepared now for IL next year considering the backlog . Anything faster than that is a treat :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mikeeastern said:

I did my medical in Montreal. they sent me a sealed CD and a vaccination list by Purolator. Do I need to bring this to the interview?

This is just for your personal use, when you get a doctor in the US. How long did it take to receive it after the exam ? They told me they sent the results to the consulate, but I have to news for my copy.

Timeline

Hey!

I've seen quite a few people ask about free testing in the US, etc. and just wanted to share what I've been using. 

I'm not sure if this helps (as I don't know how many people are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area), but I've used Solvhealth (https://www.solvhealth.com/) to get a PCR test (I haven't looked past the more central areas, but I'd say if you're anywhere within Washington State, maybe try to look up your location on the site and see if there's anything nearby!), and have always gotten my results back within 24 - 48 hours! 

Hope this helps/hope you're all able to find some free or more affordable options, as this testing thing definitely adds up. :( 

Edited by Canada5

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Further update from the US Consulate Montreal..they've worded their response a bit better here. So yeah, as before, if you've been outside of Canada in the past 14 days they'll require you to verbally affirm that you're in compliance with quarantine regulations/exemptions.

image.thumb.png.13d4d0aa35f035a94ebcc54fce17221d.png

How has people's experience been with getting the fully-vaccinated quarantine exemption? Any issues with CBSA accepting your proof of vaccination? One concern I have is that Rite Aid added my second shot to my Fraser Health vaccination card rather than giving me a CDC card, not sure if that'll be a problem. (I got 1st shot in BC, 2nd in WA).

Also what proof of tests are the CBSA accepting? Most places seem to provide the results via email, is that a problem?

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

Further update from the US Consulate Montreal..they've worded their response a bit better here. So yeah, as before, if you've been outside of Canada in the past 14 days they'll require you to verbally affirm that you're in compliance with quarantine regulations/exemptions.

image.thumb.png.13d4d0aa35f035a94ebcc54fce17221d.png

How has people's experience been with getting the fully-vaccinated quarantine exemption? Any issues with CBSA accepting your proof of vaccination? One concern I have is that Rite Aid added my second shot to my Fraser Health vaccination card rather than giving me a CDC card, not sure if that'll be a problem. (I got 1st shot in BC, 2nd in WA).

Also what proof of tests are the CBSA accepting? Most places seem to provide the results via email, is that a problem?

Not sure about your first question, but with regard to your second one, my husband has been showing electronic test results at the border with no issues. Not that the test results my husband received come with the time that the test was administered, and CBSA verifies that with the 72 hour requirement (for land border crossing it has to have been a test administered within 72 hours from your arrival time at the border; for air crossing, I believe it is 72 hours before departure time of flight.)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Not sure about your first question, but with regard to your second one, my husband has been showing electronic test results at the border with no issues. Not that the test results my husband received come with the time that the test was administered, and CBSA verifies that with the 72 hour requirement (for land border crossing it has to have been a test administered within 72 hours from your arrival time at the border; for air crossing, I believe it is 72 hours before departure time of flight.)

Okay. I spoke with someone at the CBSA. They said that the ID NOW (NAAT) test is accepted. The email results on your phone are accepted too.

For the fully vaccinated exemption. It doesn't matter if US/Canadian shots are mixed on the same card. It just needs to have your full name, lot number, vaccine type, date provided and the provider. Rite Aid put a sticker on my Fraser Health card and they said that would be fine.

I presume people who didn't meet the requirements were able to U-Turn and be able to re-enter the US by land, rather than be fined the $5k. XD

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

2 hours ago, Slytherin said:

Hi everyone, hope all is well!

I was wondering if anyone from here has travelled to the US to meet their spouses recently, and if yes, what type of COVID test did you take and where did you get it done from? I'm wondering if we need to get it done with a specific company? 

Thank you!

If you go back a few pages, you'll see a lot of discussion about this! Hope you find what you're looking for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.