Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

That is a good question and im not sure.  I would definitely love to know the answer or science to that if anyone knows

Yes, a rapid antigen test is still fine to do after the vaccine. I have had several negative rapid antigen and PCR tests since getting vaccinated.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Fobosdaemios said:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada#arrival-testing

Arrival test results

If you qualified for the fully vaccinated exemption, you’re not required to quarantine until you get your results.

So I found that written on the site above from Canada travel restrictions.

How I read it is if you're fully vaccinated,  you're NOT required to quarantine unless your test results come back possitive. 

Could anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

This true. I entered Pearson from the US on Friday and was required to test on arrival using a home test kit, but not required to quarantine while the test was being processed. ArriveCAN will send you daily messages and check ins that you are not required to respond to if you are fully vaccinated and determined to be exempt from the quarantine by CBSA on arrival. And the CBSA officer was very clear that I didn't need to quarantine at all, not even to wait for the on arrival test results.

Edited by HD_BIRDS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Consulate came back to me. It sounds like that they are following what the Canadian Government is requiring, that is if you're exempt from quarantine, you'll be allowed to attend your appointment. Applicants will be expected to affirm prior to entering the building that they are in compliance with any regulations set out by the Federal Government.

image.thumb.png.cab99dda70db848c5f989ed6d3533249.png

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Applicants will be expected to affirm prior to entering the building that they are in compliance with any regulations set out by the Federal Government.

How do you affirm prior to entering the building? I guess you will need to answer their questions before entering?

•  

I believe they have a security guard outside who'll let people in at their appointment times and ask them the questions.

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

1 minute ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

I believe they have a security guard outside who'll let people in at their appointment times and ask them the questions.

Thanks! Are you also currently in the US? I'm currently in California and going back on 24th and have medical exam on 26th. Hope that's not too tight of a schedule 🙂

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Thanks! Are you also currently in the US? I'm currently in California and going back on 24th and have medical exam on 26th. Hope that's not too tight of a schedule 🙂

I am in the US although I am probably taking an overly cautious approach to the travel exemptions. They're still subject to CBSA approval, and if you don't get it you get hit with the quarantine. Make sure you're 100% eligible, i.e. correct tests obtained, Health Canada approved vaccine, 14 days post 2nd shot, enrolled and registered trip in ArriveCAN. These are non-optional and must be done prior to departure otherwise you'll get hit with the quarantine.

I'm planning to head back on the 18th, and my medical is on the 27th in Surrey.

Timeline

Interview question: Has anyone been asked for recent pictures during the interview? My lawyer said to bring recent pictures to the interview but I haven’t seen my wife since last year! I do have copies of our joint bank statements, beneficiariey documents, US health care as proof of domicile. Just stumped as to why bring pictures if they aren’t recent… FaceTime screen shots? lol 

3 minutes ago, State and Maine said:

Interview question: Has anyone been asked for recent pictures during the interview? My lawyer said to bring recent pictures to the interview but I haven’t seen my wife since last year! I do have copies of our joint bank statements, beneficiariey documents, US health care as proof of domicile. Just stumped as to why bring pictures if they aren’t recent… FaceTime screen shots? lol 

I think they mean passport photos. They expire too after so long. But if they wasn’t photos together well most of us are in the same boat it’s been almost a year since I seen my husband 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

I think they mean passport photos. They expire too after so long. But if they wasn’t photos together well most of us are in the same boat it’s been almost a year since I seen my husband 

This was separate. I made sure to get 2 new passport pics. Lawyer said to bring 20 or so recent pics together 😂

Timeline
1 hour ago, B&Grr said:

YAY!! it's issued now!

finally got my parent's names on my birth certificate fixed... sent it in June 14th. Took 5 days to get my 221(g) docs from BC to Montreal using their courier canada post service.

Status changed today :)

what is the typical time between "issued" to when the visa is sent out?

image.thumb.png.88cc9d3dae75307d8e6d41de2aa358f5.png

Usually on fridays is when the mail goes out. Expect your passport back next week. Congrats!

Do we need to send an updated Ds-260, before the interview,  if there are significant changes, like new employment and new home address ?

I heard people day it is favourable to upload an updated I-864, also the new 1040 tax transcript for 2020. But what about the DS 260? 
Your answers appreciated. thx

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HAB said:

Do we need to send an updated Ds-260, before the interview,  if there are significant changes, like new employment and new home address ?

I heard people day it is favourable to upload an updated I-864, also the new 1040 tax transcript for 2020. But what about the DS 260? 
Your answers appreciated. thx

Please read the FAQ it is answered there

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.