Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

After three weeks of waiting, I finally got an email back from the Consulate confirming that they received my email regarding their enforcement of federal quarantine and the recent quarantine changes for fully vaccinated folks, they advised they'd email back asap. I'll let you know when I hear more news. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long.

image.png.88d8f371d47f7458cd8eb1a7acad3e08.png

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sunshine022 said:

Hi! I’m currently pregnant and waiting for my interview letter. What immunizations do I need to get and not required to get? Thank you. 

Read the FAQ. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sunshine022 said:

Hi! I’m currently pregnant and waiting for my interview letter. What immunizations do I need to get and not required to get? Thank you. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

Here is the link for what you need. Bring proof from your doctor of the vaccines you have had, and the doctor will let you know if you need anything else to be up-to-date.

Timeline
1 hour ago, irisheyes123 said:

Alrighty, just got off the phone with the Government of Canada and Switch Health. For reference, I landed in Pearson last week and am on "day 7 of quarantine". 

The Government of Canada said that I must quarantine until I receive my negative result. They said that there is a backlog due to increase in travel, however this is new and things are expected to be streamlined soon. All day one COVID tests must be conducted through SWITCH HEALTH. 

Switch Health (who have not given me my results yet) said that there is a glitch in the system, where fully vaccinated travelers received emails telling them to do a day 8 test. This is NOT necessary, even if you have not gotten your day 1 test back. They confirmed that their lab is overwhelmed at the moment, but again, they hope to have shorter wait times in the near future. 

The more you know :)

That is interesting because you were not informed you of your requirement to quarantine when you landed. Also, the official website is silent about it. I guess they are still working out the kinks...

Did you have to log into ArriveCAN app everyday since your arrival reporting your non-symptomatic status?

My husband who arrived on July 2, sent out his Day 8 test on Friday (July 9) and received his result on Sunday (July 11). I am surprised you haven't received your day 1 test after 7 days! Perhaps it varies by location....

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
2 hours ago, DrJanko10 said:

K1 visas were sent invites today (July 13th) for August 25th...that gives me hope that more invites will be coming our way for August too!!

Amazing news! Yes, I am quite optimistic there will be more interviews for CR1/IR1 in August. The last date was August 23 and there is an entire week after that. I think we might see two more days of interviews, hopefully bringing the cut off to mid Oct.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Shumai84 said:

Please fill out your timeline and request @Hawk Riders to add you to the spreadsheet. 

@Hawk Riders Can you please also add me the spreadsheet? Thanks 

Timeline
On 7/7/2021 at 11:34 AM, alphabetagamma said:

OMG that's insane, sorry you had to go through this. That's almost comparable to the price of a ticket to US. There is one clinic close to where I live and they also are charging $150 pre-tax. Thanks once again for sharing and if I hear anything too, Ill update. 

Hey! I don't know if you heard, but I wanted to share this with you and other travellers! 

On July 12th, Pearson Airport started pre-departure testing at their airport 7 days a week. Switch Health does the testing and they claim the rates are reduced. https://switchhealth.ca/en/travel/book/pearson

I still am opting to do mine at Fogal Pharmacy (Medionerx pharmacies) because it is less expensive. But want you to have options on your next trip the to US.

Regards,

Melissa

Timeline
12 hours ago, Twiz&Toz said:

What dq dates? 

We have debated what K1 DQ date is, and generally go by their NOA2 date. For these two cases assigned for August 25, the NOA2 date is June 2 2020, and September 9 2020. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXsBaODEcERCnBkkVhTklmw1LrFVkY9dE6z2Q5D2kCc/edit?fbclid=IwAR2y6wgSsyW0DjDRDar0yqH8FCHNhfWPeSX7HyJCSuCRGjkAfvquzrZSrKo#gid=1154446973

Regardless, happy to see movement in Tier 2, and more interviews in August.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

7 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

We have debated what K1 DQ date is, and generally go by their NOA2 date. For these two cases assigned for August 25, the NOA2 date is June 2 2020, and September 9 2020. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXsBaODEcERCnBkkVhTklmw1LrFVkY9dE6z2Q5D2kCc/edit?fbclid=IwAR2y6wgSsyW0DjDRDar0yqH8FCHNhfWPeSX7HyJCSuCRGjkAfvquzrZSrKo#gid=1154446973

Regardless, happy to see movement in Tier 2, and more interviews in August.

If I'm not mistaken, there's also a Dec 1, 2020 case. 

Edited by DMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DMV said:

If I'm not mistaken, there's also a Dec 1, 2020 case. 

Oh yes, I just saw that. So there are three cases on the chart scheduled on August 25.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

40 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Hey! I don't know if you heard, but I wanted to share this with you and other travellers! 

On July 12th, Pearson Airport started pre-departure testing at their airport 7 days a week. Switch Health does the testing and they claim the rates are reduced. https://switchhealth.ca/en/travel/book/pearson

I still am opting to do mine at Fogal Pharmacy (Medionerx pharmacies) because it is less expensive. But want you to have options on your next trip the to US.

Regards,

Melissa

My wife flew in from the US last week and the guidelines are very clear here in Ontario that she needed to get a PCR test (before flying and at the airport on arrival).

But now she needs to take a test in order to return to the US, and we can't seem to find any information about which one is acceptable. If a rapid test is good enough, based on the price, that's the one she'd get.

Does anyone know which one is required by the US?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.