Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sunshine022 said:

Yes. I uploaded the NSO and it was approved. Then I realized it needs to be from Psa now. Will I be in trouble for uploading the NSO one?

I don't think you'll have trouble for uploading the correct one. If CEAC won't allow to upload civil documents, just bring both the NSO and PSA and explain to the CO you submitted first the NSO and realized later on that it was not the one issued by PSA. Also let them know you tried uploading or updating it in CEAC but it won't allow you if you were not to do so.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

35 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

I don't think you'll have trouble for uploading the correct one. If CEAC won't allow to upload civil documents, just bring both the NSO and PSA and explain to the CO you submitted first the NSO and realized later on that it was not the one issued by PSA. Also let them know you tried uploading or updating it in CEAC but it won't allow you if you were not to do so.

I just uploaded the PSA. Hopefully, it wont give me trouble. Thank you 

Timeline
5 hours ago, derrickbouwman said:

I've seen a few posts about it in here... All of my wife's paperwork has been done in her maiden name so far. Currently we are waiting at the NVC. We would like to get new passport with new last name. Is this OK to do at this step and just bring the new passport and name change paperwork to the interview? 

Yes.

2 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

@canuckchic, any updates on getting un-forgotten in scheduling?

It's so depressing - we finally got in touch with the NVC and all he said was "he's heard of this happening, but they don't know why it happens". He said everything looked find with our case on their end. He said to do the email for expedite (Thanks to @From_CAN_2_US for this suggestion right away), which we did on Friday. Nothing back from them of course. However my husband says he will try the NVC again later this week because the person he spoke with says they will be able to see an expedite request on the file if it's been processed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Slytherin said:

can we bring tax return transcripts and w2-wage report to the interview instead of an actual tax return and w2? Is it the same thing?

Yes, a return transcript contains the necessary information. There are several different formats; the IRS account site will guide you in selecting the appropriate one to download.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Canada5 said:

Hey all! 

I emailed Dr. Cheema for an appointment but the earliest they’ll give me is Nov. 5. My interview date is Nov. 22, is that cutting it close? 

I’ve read that it’s ideal to have it completed 3 weeks before and am really worried! 

I did mine with a similar timeline. After one week they sent me an email saying my medical was sent. This was 3 days before my interview and the consulate had my medical when I went to my interview! It was a different doctor though . 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Emilyy said:

Received my passport back today!

Congrats! Just curious how long it took after your interview to get a case status update? My interview was Friday, hoping my passport will be back quickly!

Timeline
On 10/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, katelynns said:

I didn’t renew but got a new one in my married name. I put my old one because that’s what they had on file. I brought both my old and new passports to the interview and asked them to update and use my new passport for the visa.

Thanks for answering so many of my questions!

For your medical, which passport did you bring?! (Or, did you bring both there too?)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

[removed]

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.