Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, rainbow-skies said:

I know forsure you need to upload i864 and federal income tax return or transcript. So yes it is something you should do if youre petitioner. If your beneficiary it isnt required.

My wife (petitioner) also added W2 and 1099, and current salary proof under "Additional AOS Supporting Documentation" section.

Oh sorry, I should have clarified; I did add all those documents, but the tax paperwork is technically 2019, since we had been waiting for an interview date since December 2020. I was just wondering if we were supposed to upload 2020 tax documents? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Slytherin said:

Oh sorry, I should have clarified; I did add all those documents, but the tax paperwork is technically 2019, since we had been waiting for an interview date since December 2020. I was just wondering if we were supposed to upload 2020 tax documents? 

Oh okay . Honestly i am not 100% sure, maybe someone whos been waiting that long as well can clarify. 

I believe since you filed 2020 taxes...and your still pending interview...you should bring the 2019 one as thats what you initially submitted, but the 2020 should be both uploaded, printed, and brought to interview -  as it is an updated Tax document and reflects your current situation. 

However maybe someone else can either confirm, deny or add on to this?

Timeline

I got my passport back today. 

DQ - Oct 29,2020 

interview - Oct 13,2021 (approved) 

passport returned - Oct 18th, 2021 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Twiz&Toz said:

Has anyone had any luck getting there vac info filled out at a walk in clinic? My drs is packed till my interview date. I have a print out from the city saying what shots I got and when. No idea what else to do or were to go 

Which panel physician are you planning on going to?

Timeline
Just now, Twiz&Toz said:

One in Toronto but not sure what one yet. 

If you go to Zatzman, north of Toronto (major mack and bathurst) he didnt request a form be filled out. I just showed him my loose documents of each immunization. So i believe the citys print out should suffice if you go to him

Timeline
50 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Oh okay . Honestly i am not 100% sure, maybe someone whos been waiting that long as well can clarify. 

I believe since you filed 2020 taxes...and your still pending interview...you should bring the 2019 one as thats what you initially submitted, but the 2020 should be both uploaded, printed, and brought to interview -  as it is an updated Tax document and reflects your current situation. 

However maybe someone else can either confirm, deny or add on to this?

@Slytherin, I second with our friend @rainbow-skies. Your question had been asked couple of times and were also been answered. Upload the most current filed ITR 2020, bring the original filed 2020 ITR on your interview. It is better you have it on hand and well prepared on your interview date.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@canuckchic, any updates on getting un-forgotten in scheduling?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
3 hours ago, derrickbouwman said:

I've seen a few posts about it in here... All of my wife's paperwork has been done in her maiden name so far. Currently we are waiting at the NVC. We would like to get new passport with new last name. Is this OK to do at this step and just bring the new passport and name change paperwork to the interview? 

COmpletely allowed, and the best way if you want to get your GC in married name. They issue the visa with the name on the passport. So if you want to use your married name you're doing it the easiest way. 

3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Yes, I am doing exactly this. Bring both passports to the interview.

👍

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
13 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Random question...but does anyone here know if they allow android/smartwatches into the consulate, if not are analog watches allowed?

I wore my analog skeleton watch.  No smart watches allowed.  Plain digital is likely fine.  

3 hours ago, Slytherin said:

Thank you! I completely forgot about bringing in pictures, is it common to bring in a photo album? 

Also, did you print your 2020 taxes or just upload them to the ceac website? I’m thinking of printing them just in case, but is it required to upload?

All the best tomorrow!

You only need to bring what is on the list.  As stated, the document part of the interview only takes 5-10 minutes and the actual interview interview only takes about 5 minutes.  It's a lot of sitting and waiting.  Bring a book or magazine!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sunshine022 said:

I uploaded the OLD birth certificate from the Philippines but I still got DQ. I have the new one now, should I upload it now or wait till my interview on October 25 in Montreal? Thank you. 

If you can try uploading it to CEAC it will be best. Otherwise, just bring it on your interview. Wondering what differs with your old Philippine Birth Cert? Was it issued by NSO before and not the PSA?

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

4 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

If you can try uploading it to CEAC it will be best. Otherwise, just bring it on your interview. Wondering what differs with your old Philippine Birth Cert? Was it issued by NSO before and not the PSA?

Yes. I uploaded the NSO and it was approved. Then I realized it needs to be from Psa now. Will I be in trouble for uploading the NSO one?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.