Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was approved at my interview on Friday October 15th!

All the details are the same as everyone has mentioned before as far as arriving at the appointment time, security etc. 

Just wanted to note because I saw many asking- they did ask me if I had travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days. I got back from the US about 18 days before, so I said no. Not sure if they would have asked more questions if I had said yes, I don't want to panic anyone just wanted to let everyone know I was asked.

Here are the documents I was asked for:

-passport and passport photos at window 6- I got a new passport after I was DQ (in my married name) so I waited to bring my new passport to the interview as I've seen others do. I brought my old passport and new one and explained I wanted to change it. It was fine. They kept my new and gave me back the old one during the interview portion. 

-original birth certificate (long form) I did a legal name change and also got a new birth certificate reflecting new name

-original marriage certificate

-original police certificate- Mine was the type that says " Privacy act request type: For Non-certified criminal information". I got it Oct 23 2020 and it was accepted.

-original name change certificate 

-the affidavit- Form I-864

We uploaded 2020 tax transcript ahead of time. I don't know if they viewed this as they never said anything.

I was asked the same questions as everyone else. The interviewer was right to the point as was the officer who took my documents. I felt at ease during the interview. They don't make you feel as if they are interrogating you or anything like that! Sitting there waiting for your number to be called is the worst part! (I found the day to be very emotionally draining since you are anxiously waiting for the words "I intend to approve your visa.")  I was there for nearly 3 hours. So make sure you have plenty of time if you have travel plans that same day! I was the second last interview of the day so my CEAC case status has not yet been updated, which I expected and am hoping for an update tomorrow! I will update with passport return details. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Random question...but does anyone here know if they allow android/smartwatches into the consulate, if not are analog watches allowed?

Smart watches for sure are a no. They ask you if you have a watch on too.I don’t think they allow regular watches either but could be incorrect? I think I read that at some point.

I've seen a few posts about it in here... All of my wife's paperwork has been done in her maiden name so far. Currently we are waiting at the NVC. We would like to get new passport with new last name. Is this OK to do at this step and just bring the new passport and name change paperwork to the interview? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, derrickbouwman said:

I've seen a few posts about it in here... All of my wife's paperwork has been done in her maiden name so far. Currently we are waiting at the NVC. We would like to get new passport with new last name. Is this OK to do at this step and just bring the new passport and name change paperwork to the interview? 

Yes, I am doing exactly this. Bring both passports to the interview.

Hi! For those of us who were unable to register the appointment over the weekend, I was just able to do so this morning! 

I've been seeing some posts saying that people are able to upload their 2020 tax transcripts on CEAC - can anyone confirm if that is possible for a joint sponsor and how to do so? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Slytherin said:

Hi all,

For the interview, is it allowed to bring in a binder organizer with all the required documents, or should we just hold them/use one document folder? 

Also do we need to bring proof of domicile for our co-sponser?

Thank you!

Hey! A few pages back someone had asked about this and I believe received a response saying binders are allowed in. I have my interview tomorrow and did some google searchs too and found that other consulates tend to allow them as well. 

I have about a 1.5" - 2" binder that contains all my papers and then I am bringing a medium-sized photoalbum.

Timeline
3 hours ago, katelynns said:

Smart watches for sure are a no. They ask you if you have a watch on too.I don’t think they allow regular watches either but could be incorrect? I think I read that at some point.

Okay cool I have those small Casio digital watches and a Smart android watch. Just as I plan to walk around the area the hour before my interview so I want to ensure that I am both not too early and not late. 

5 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Hey! A few pages back someone had asked about this and I believe received a response saying binders are allowed in. I have my interview tomorrow and did some google searchs too and found that other consulates tend to allow them as well. 

I have about a 1.5" - 2" binder that contains all my papers and then I am bringing a medium-sized photoalbum.

Thank you! I completely forgot about bringing in pictures, is it common to bring in a photo album? 

Also, did you print your 2020 taxes or just upload them to the ceac website? I’m thinking of printing them just in case, but is it required to upload?

All the best tomorrow!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Slytherin said:

Thank you! I completely forgot about bringing in pictures, is it common to bring in a photo album? 

Also, did you print your 2020 taxes or just upload them to the ceac website? I’m thinking of printing them just in case, but is it required to upload?

All the best tomorrow!

I have read in this forum and others (non-Montreal) that many people bring photo albums. I am bringing all the photos I uploaded at the USCIS stage, in addition to many other photos taken from 2020 - present year (since I met my wife). It truly captures all my 6 visits to her over the past 1.5 yrs. 

You may bring in photo albums or photos in general, however I read that to the interviewing agent, it is supplementary to all your other papers and they may not even look at them. But I like to be over prepared.

I have my wife's original I-864, 2020 Tax Return, IRS transcript, W2s, 1090. Basically everything uploaded on CEAC I had printed. I even brought my 2020 Tax Return in case they need to look at my ability to financially support myself - but I am the beneficiary so I doubt they'll event look at my stuff.

Always better to be over prepared than under in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

I have read in this forum and others (non-Montreal) that many people bring photo albums. I am bringing all the photos I uploaded at the USCIS stage, in addition to many other photos taken from 2020 - present year (since I met my wife). It truly captures all my 6 visits to her over the past 1.5 yrs. 

You may bring in photo albums or photos in general, however I read that to the interviewing agent, it is supplementary to all your other papers and they may not even look at them. But I like to be over prepared.

I have my wife's original I-864, 2020 Tax Return, IRS transcript, W2s, 1090. Basically everything uploaded on CEAC I had printed. I even brought my 2020 Tax Return in case they need to look at my ability to financially support myself - but I am the beneficiary so I doubt they'll event look at my stuff.

Always better to be over prepared than under in my opinion.

Thanks again for the information! 

Sorry for asking for more clarification, but I haven’t uploaded my 2020 tax returns to the ceac website, is it something I should do? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Slytherin said:

Thanks again for the information! 

Sorry for asking for more clarification, but I haven’t uploaded my 2020 tax returns to the ceac website, is it something I should do? 

I know forsure you need to upload i864 and federal income tax return or transcript. So yes it is something you should do if youre petitioner. If your beneficiary it isnt required.

My wife (petitioner) also added W2 and 1099, and current salary proof under "Additional AOS Supporting Documentation" section.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.