Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anybody else November 9th interview? (DQ Feb 2, 2021).

Also, when I tried to do the courier service it said appt not available yet or something like that? Anybody else encounter this? 

5 minutes ago, A + K said:

Anybody else November 9th interview? (DQ Feb 2, 2021).

Also, when I tried to do the courier service it said appt not available yet or something like that? Anybody else encounter this? 

yes.  Same here.  In the FAQ it says to wait 24-72 hours.  

On another note, has anyone tried booking a medical with Dr. Lyndon in Toronto?

He's asked him to fill out a vaccine checklist which should be filled out by my doctor.  Unfortunately my family doctor is unavailable and I have to go to a walk in clinic.  Has this happened to anyone?  

Is the yellow immunization card from Ontario Health enough to prove immunization?  

14 minutes ago, SamC88 said:

He's asked him to fill out a vaccine checklist which should be filled out by my doctor.  Unfortunately my family doctor is unavailable and I have to go to a walk in clinic.  Has this happened to anyone?  

Is the yellow immunization card from Ontario Health enough to prove immunization?  

Also, has anyone been quoted a price for having their doctor fill out the vaccine checklist?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, SamC88 said:

Okay good to know! thank you.

I just made an appt with him. I think you can go to a walk-in clinic to get sheet filled out. Just call their office to be certain.

I'm not sure about the yellow immunization but this specific visa doctor requires the vaccine list to be filled out 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Everyone who has gone for interviews, when the consulate says they want photocopies of things, do they need colour or is B&W ok?

I remember reading something where they stated black and white is fine. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, katelynns said:

I remember reading something where they stated black and white is fine. 

That's good because colour ink is always more expensive lol. Does anyone know how much time you spend waiting inside the consulate on the day of the interview? I have an appointment for 9:30 on Oct 25 but I am like, how long am I going to have to be in there?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

That's good because colour ink is always more expensive lol. Does anyone know how much time you spend waiting inside the consulate on the day of the interview? I have an appointment for 9:30 on Oct 25 but I am like, how long am I going to have to be in there?

Plan to be there for 3 hours. My appointment today was at 9:45 and I was there until about 12:40! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, katelynns said:

Plan to be there for 3 hours. My appointment today was at 9:45 and I was there until about 12:40! 

Damn. I wonder if you show up earlier will they take you earlier?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Damn. I wonder if you show up earlier will they take you earlier?

Nope! Security sends you away. Arrive only 5 minutes prior to your appointment. It’s a lot of waiting at the consulate. You spend maybe 5-10 minutes handing in documents and probably 5 at the interview window.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, katelynns said:

Nope! Security sends you away. Arrive only 5 minutes prior to your appointment. It’s a lot of waiting at the consulate. You spend maybe 5-10 minutes handing in documents and probably 5 at the interview window.

Really, they turn you away?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.