IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

So any idea what one would do if their medical exam results were already sent to Consulate and Dr Zatzman didnt put COVID vaccine?...he told me at the time it wasnt necessary 😅

Timeline

For the medical does they have changed the location in montreal I’m trying to get in touch to book an medical appointment  been on hold 1 hour and no one answers just the voicemail anyone with the same issue ?? 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

So any idea what one would do if their medical exam results were already sent to Consulate and Dr Zatzman didnt put COVID vaccine?...he told me at the time it wasnt necessary 😅

Oh when did you go for the medicals, was it before the ruling was announced. It has been 3 weeks since they announced it.

I would call the doctor's office where you did your medicals for advice. Perhaps they can update your medicals if you send them the proof of vaccination. Also carry your proof of vaccination to the interview. Maybe showing that at the counter will be sufficient?

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

Oh when did you go for the medicals, was it before the ruling was announced. It has been 3 weeks since they announced it.

I would call the doctor's office where you did your medicals for advice. Also carry your proof of vaccination to the interview. Maybe showing that at the counter will be sufficient?

It was Sept 2nd 2021. Is this policy in effect now though or October 1st?

Timeline
Just now, rainbow-skies said:

It was Sept 2nd 2021. Is this policy in effect now though or October 1st?

It's in effect from Oct 1. Not sure if that means that if your medical was done before oct 1 you don't have to provide proof.

I would think anyone who is interviewed on or after October 1 has to provide proof of vaccinations as pert of their medicals.

The doctor's office should be able to clarify. You could also email Montreal consulate about it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

It's in effect from Oct 1. Not sure if that means that if your medical was done before oct 1 you don't have to provide proof.

I would think anyone who is interviewed on or after October 1 has to provide proof of vaccinations as pert of their medicals.

The doctor's office should be able to clarify. You could also email Montreal consulate about it.

Hmm. It could be. I emailed Zatzman already and see what he says/can do. Depending on his response, I will contact consulate.

Thanks!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Danii said:

Unless there's some clause saying you need to get the COVID test in the same country you're departing from? 

I only know the requirement for travel to Canada. If flying, no restriction on where the test is to be done. If driving, it has to be done in the US.

I don't know about the rules for pre-flight testing from Canada to US.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

I am still gonna contact Montreal for confirmation on this.

Excellent. Also print the email from the doctor confirming this and take your vaccination proof to the interview, just to be safe.

Looks like you are good!

Timeline
1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Excellent. Also print the email from the doctor confirming this and take your vaccination proof to the interview, just to be safe.

Looks like you are good!

Definitely doing that. I will update this post when I hear back from Consulate via email!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.