Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, alphabetagamma said:

Hey. I'm not sure if expedited applications take a different route for interviews? Someone with an expedite history can comment better. 

From what I have seen with expedites get the first available date of interview with the next round of IL issuance. @rainbow-skiesshould have gotten an interview for Oct 4...

?

But because things are topsy turvy this month, maybe they are still to issue some ILs?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

Expedited cases are handled differently and you would not receive an IL with the mass batch that everyone else gets. The expedition is an accommodation that they manually schedule you in for, so you'll hear from them separately. If it's been a while follow up with ais/email the consulate.

DID YOU GET IT?! 

Thanks for that clarification. Scratch what I said then... I was basing my answer from what I saw from one person from this thread. Looks like it isn't the norm..

Hang in there @rainbow-skies, I have a feeling you will be getting an Oct 4 interview date.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

8:45 am. And Oct 4th is my birthday!

How Lovely! They couldn't have given you a better birthday present.

With your appointment being so early it may mean that there are more interviews the rest of the day for DQs later than yours (I am trying to identify the cutoff)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

How Lovely! They couldn't have given you a better birthday present.

With your appointment being so early it may mean that there are more interviews the rest of the day for DQs later than yours (I am trying to identify the cutoff)

It's definitely odd that those like me who are obviously at the tail end of the cut off have interviews so early in the month.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

It's definitely odd that those like me who are obviously at the tail end of the cut off have interviews so early in the month.

I think Oct 4 is reserved for rescheduled interviews and expedite cases. But they had some extra slots, so they squeezed the last few in. It maybe that Dec first week is the cut off.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

4 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

I just noticed this too 😳 seems like some Nov DQs have earlier interview dates than Oct DQs. Did someone at the consulate make a mistake? 😂 Maybe once we hear from everyone we'll get a more clear picture. 

Nvm, the post above me has a great theory.

Edited by Danii

Timeline
3 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

Yes it's a good momentum. Hope by next month they are done with 2020 or even Jan 2021. 

I am actually thinking they will hit Feb next month. DQs appear to be sparse in early 2021.

@Twiz&Toz also told me yesterday that there maybe 3 people interviewing now instead of previous 2. That would mean they could increase their capacity by 50%! So 150 cases per month instead of 100.

1 minute ago, alphabetagamma said:

Still curious though if there is any IR1 v CR1 factor here?

Don't think it is a factor. They are treated equally.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

Still curious though if there is any IR1 v CR1 factor here?

I am IR1.

Timeline
Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

I am actually thinking they will hit Feb next month. DQs appear to be sparse in early 2021.

@Twiz&Toz also told me yesterday that there maybe 3 people interviewing now instead of previous 2. That would mean they could increase their capacity by 50%! So 150 cases per month instead of 100.

wow. That would a great boost. Let's hope for the best. Very happy for all and glad we are closing 2020 soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.