Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Mintaftertaste said:

Have interviews ever been sent out this late in the day ?

I just have this bad feeling that they’e skipping October like the time they skipped June :(

I think because there are more visa categories that are being interviewed, the day they send out IL is more unpredictable. Earlier this year, it seemed like they sent them on Friday frequently. Last month it was on Wednesday, and in June they sent it on Monday. Not all hope is lost (yet 😂)

54 minutes ago, goddy said:

Honestly speaking I wouldn’t be surprised , if they don’t send em 

I think June was a particular case because of the new guidance that was sent federally at the time about the tier system. I feel like they were busy re-organizing which was what caused the delay. There is no reason to assume this month will be like that one (other than the anxiety we all have right now for obvious reasons that makes us fear this possibility) when they often send out the interview letters on Mondays (November 2020 was the 3rd Monday, January 2021 was the 3rd Monday, and June 2021 was the 2nd Monday of the month). From what I have seen while tracking this for almost 1 year, they send the letters up to 2 weeks before the 1st of the next month, so I think we have until the 3rd Monday of September (the 20th) before worring about no letters this month:)

So moral of the story- there's still time and don't give up hope:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, svann080 said:

I think June was a particular case because of the new guidance that was sent federally at the time about the tier system. I feel like they were busy re-organizing which was what caused the delay. There is no reason to assume this month will be like that one (other than the anxiety we all have right now for obvious reasons that makes us fear this possibility) when they often send out the interview letters on Mondays (November 2020 was the 3rd Monday, January 2021 was the 3rd Monday, and June 2021 was the 2nd Monday of the month). From what I have seen while tracking this for almost 1 year, they send the letters up to 2 weeks before the 1st of the next month, so I think we have until the 3rd Monday of September (the 20th) before worring about no letters this month:)

So moral of the story- there's still time and don't give up hope:)

I completely agree. I am very confident we will be seeing interview letters next week.

Timeline

So in preparation for the medicals, I did titre (I do not have any immunisation records). My family doctor says my titre show I do not have immunisation for:

1. Hepatitis B

2. Varicella

I would also need to get a TDAP as I know I haven't gotten one in the last 10 years.

My question is - do I need Hepatitis B and varicella to pass the medicals?

4 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

So in preparation for the medicals, I did titre (I do not have any immunisation records). My family doctor says my titre show I do not have immunisation for:

1. Hepatitis B

2. Varicella

I would also need to get a TDAP as I know I haven't gotten one in the last 10 years.

My question is - do I need Hepatitis B and varicella to pass the medicals?

All depends on age. If u go to the drs website they all have the chart to show what you need :) on that note I should double check it my self 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

All depends on age. If u go to the drs website they all have the chart to show what you need :) on that note I should double check it my self 

Thanks. I just looked this up for the Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto and looks like Hepatitis B is not required. Varicella, if one has had chicken pox before is not required. I have heard that the doctor in BC accepts verbal confirmation that one has had chicken pox before. Has any one had experience at Dr Mascarenhas; do they accept verbal confirmation as well?

https://www.visadoctor.ca/en/us-medical

Timeline
29 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Thanks. I just looked this up for the Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto and looks like Hepatitis B is not required. Varicella, if one has had chicken pox before is not required. I have heard that the doctor in BC accepts verbal confirmation that one has had chicken pox before. Has any one had experience at Dr Mascarenhas; do they accept verbal confirmation as well?

I think Hep B is not required as per DRS. However, I'm still getting mine done. It has 3 shots that you get in a span of 6 months. I got 2 done so far and the final on is due next month. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

I think Hep B is not required as per DRS. However, I'm still getting mine done. It has 3 shots that you get in a span of 6 months. I got 2 done so far and the final on is due next month. 

Thank you I was leaning towards doing it anyway as well. 

Is it covered by OHIP by any chance. I am thinking it wouldn’t be for an adult.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Thank you I was leaning towards doing it anyway as well. 

Is it covered by OHIP by any chance. I am thinking it wouldn’t be for an adult.

its not covered by OHIP. One shot was around 40 I think. I had my company insurance so I paid around $15 for one shot.

3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I’m wondering that as well. I know I’ve had them because my mom told me lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.