Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, annierob said:

So the ILs in July were sent on Friday the 9th, and August was Wednesday the 11th. Let's see what happens this month!

Hopefully this week!

This batch will be very telling. Hoping our speculation is correct and with fewer DQs in November/ December, ILs will cover atleast until end of November this time around.

I can't believe how ahead the other consulates are!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Hopefully this week!

This batch will be very telling. Hoping our speculation is correct and with fewer DQs in November/ December, ILs will cover atleast until end of November this time around.

We shall see indeed! Hopefully more people will get good news in this batch. 

@irisheyes123 Fingers crossed!!!

Timeline

My wife's SSN card arrived on Saturday, 9 days after we entered the US. Now we just wait and see if the green card shows up!

And for folks who will be living close to the border and continuing to work in Canada after moving, she has had 0 issues so far in crossing the border for work and returning to the US with her stamped visa.

2 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Hopefully this week!

Montreal updated its website saying ir1 2 and 5 also k1 are all at the same month so let’s hope for a bigger boost. Praying all of nov gets Dq and With as much luck left some dec :) ok the dec part is very hope full lol 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

Montreal updated its website saying ir1 2 and 5 also k1 are all at the same month so let’s hope for a bigger boost. Praying all of nov gets Dq and With as much luck left some dec :) ok the dec part is very hope full lol 

Not that out there really... good luck to us!

7 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

My wife's SSN card arrived on Saturday, 9 days after we entered the US. Now we just wait and see if the green card shows up!

And for folks who will be living close to the border and continuing to work in Canada after moving, she has had 0 issues so far in crossing the border for work and returning to the US with her stamped visa.

which port of entry you used to enter to the US ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Twiz&Toz said:

can you please share link to the site?

Timeline

Does anyone know if you absolutely need to move all your things once you cross over to activate your visa? 

I may want to activate my visa, go to the US for a few months and come back to Canada to move my things only then. Not sure if that's possible?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, annierob said:

Does anyone know if you absolutely need to move all your things once you cross over to activate your visa? 

I may want to activate my visa, go to the US for a few months and come back to Canada to move my things only then. Not sure if that's possible?

You get a year I believe it is to bring your belongings across.  Don't stress! :)

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, gavinski91 said:

Still waiting on mine, entered on Aug 9th. 😧 I'm debating whether to chase up the SSA office in Bellingham. No sign of the GC yet, but no surprises there.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline

“The number of monthly scheduled green card interviews increased by 75%, from 18,979 in April to 33,306 in August.”

https://www.boundless.com/blog/nvc-monthly-backlog-report/?utm_source=autopilot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=090721_backlogupdate

If there was an increase at Montreal (and I think there was a small percentage increase), it was for tier 3 and 4…

32 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

“The number of monthly scheduled green card interviews increased by 75%, from 18,979 in April to 33,306 in August.”

https://www.boundless.com/blog/nvc-monthly-backlog-report/?utm_source=autopilot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=090721_backlogupdate

If there was an increase at Montreal (and I think there was a small percentage increase), it was for tier 3 and 4…

This is for world wide. The jump is bc other country’s started doing more visa interviews. Montreal is the same speed just doing more interviews in different classes. I know they stopped doing interview for the lottery winners and I think in aug those country’s started to do more. Fingers crossed we get letters and a lot of them in the next week. Just pray they still do interviews and not pull a may repeat.

52 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Tier 3 and 4 interviews will resume in October.  There haven't been any interviews except those scheduled and canceled fin March, 2020.  They will start with people DQ'ed in September, 2019.  But no ILs have been sent out yet for October interviews in Montreal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.