Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/5/2021 at 6:06 AM, Twiz&Toz said:

Just want to give everyone the heads up if they fly to the states for a visit. When you need a covid test to get back to Canada walgreens offers free covid testing via drive threw. Super quick we pulled up did the test and had it back with in 3 hrs. Now to head back home to Canada tomorrow :( 

May I ask what kind of Covid Test you got and which city/state of the Walgreens you went? My wife currently visited me to spend the labor day week end and a week vacation. Prior to her travel, I searched locations of Walgreens that have NAAT to book online. But I can't find any Walgreens here in SoCal that have NAAT. I even tried checking at CVC but I'm confused with their online site I think they were asking information about health insurance or something if you are a resident. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

8 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

May I ask what kind of Covid Test you got and which city/state of the Walgreens you went? My wife currently visited me to spend the labor day week end and a week vacation. Prior to her travel, I searched locations of Walgreens that have NAAT to book online. But I can't find any Walgreens here in SoCal that have NAAT. I even tried checking at CVC but I'm confused with their online site I think they were asking information about health insurance or something if you are a resident. 

Id now from Walgreens is a naat test. I did mine in Ohio bc the Walgreens in wv was all booked up. All I did was put down my USA address (husbands house) it was optional for insurance stuff so I left it blank 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Atyree9 said:

Husband entered 01/09/2021 and we still haven't received his green card. The IOE case status shows that it was paid for and no action has taken place since then. However, when I go to make an inquiry, there IOE is not associated with a I-90 form, but will associate with other random forms (I think it was OS0-something something). We've tried to call but can't get through to a live person. When logging into the account, there is no case associated. 

You may need to add the case to the account.

Try again the case inquiry for OS155A.

FWIW when we started a case inquiry for outside normal processing time the day after it was submitted the case was updated and the card was sent shortly thereafter.

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

Id now from Walgreens is a naat test. I did mine in Ohio bc the Walgreens in wv was all booked up. All I did was put down my USA address (husbands house) it was optional for insurance stuff so I left it blank 

Thank you. Yes the ID NOW is a NAAT test. Lucky for you you were in East Coast. Yes I found a lot in East Coast and AZ have the NAAT but not in Cali. Thanks anyways. I guess we will just go to PCR test.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

13 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Thank you. Yes the ID NOW is a NAAT test. Lucky for you you were in East Coast. Yes I found a lot in East Coast and AZ have the NAAT but not in Cali. Thanks anyways. I guess we will just go to PCR test.

They only book the day before here and I got lucky to find that one spot still open. Now for the long wait to get back to Canada :s 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

They only book the day before here and I got lucky to find that one spot still open. Now for the long wait to get back to Canada :s 

I was able to book my wife's molecular NAAT test at CVS. I filled up all required information. The part that was a bit confusing is where it asked to provide social security (preferred) OR Driver's license ID for their verification if you have any Health Insurance. I did not fill it up and it went through and gave confirmation of the book reservation. So for our folks here who have plan to visiting their spouses in US, when going back to Canada you have two options in getting the NAAT test that gives free testing, you can go to Walgreens or CVS.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have experience activating your visa at YYZ/Pearson US Customs and successfully being able to make it on your 0800 am flight?

I worry customs might take a while. I am taking Air Canada when the time comes but they dont have any evening flights, only 0800 AM.

Thanks.

Melissa

4 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have experience activating your visa at YYZ/Pearson US Customs and successfully being able to make it on your 0800 am flight?

I worry customs might take a while. I am taking Air Canada when the time comes but they dont have any evening flights, only 0800 AM.

Thanks.

Melissa

You will be fine :) they open at 4am so lots of time just would say get there 3 hrs before ur flight just in case you get a new person and take a bit longer 

Timeline
Just now, Twiz&Toz said:

You will be fine :) they open at 4am so lots of time just would say get there 3 hrs before ur flight just in case you get a new person and take a bit longer 

Yeah im just confused by that because for the past two years when I go through Gate F for US Customs (to go to Florida) TSA doesnt open until 0600 am and then customs gate doesnt open until 630am from my experience

Is there a different area for those needing to activate a visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can someone please advise how you submitted this DS 5535 form? I plan to email it to Montreal and also mail them the hard copy but in one of my emails it says to save the file as .edp extension and I have no idea how to do that...can I just send it as a normal file?

Timeline
5 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Yeah im just confused by that because for the past two years when I go through Gate F for US Customs (to go to Florida) TSA doesnt open until 0600 am and then customs gate doesnt open until 630am from my experience

Is there a different area for those needing to activate a visa?

I vaguely remember this too about YYZ. US customs opening around 6am…

I wouldn’t worry too much though, if the customs take too long and you don’t make it, you will be put on the immediate next flight available by the same airline, so long as you check in on time… sucks, but atleast you don’t have to pay for a different flight.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Hi!  Hoping someone can help.

We're getting updated 2020 I-864s for our interview next week, and have two questions;

1. Can you do a mix of handwritten and typed on the form?

2. The auto-populating for the household size is incorrect.  I have 1 in the Part 3 Question 29, and then in Part 5, 1. is not populating with anything.  Anyone have any ideas?

image.png.00c273cbd07dd44daf845ebd2a98cb34.png

image.png.d676fc71b0de863031c42c2f614df4bd.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Tswiftlover said:

1. Can you do a mix of handwritten and typed on the form?

2. The auto-populating for the household size is incorrect.  I have 1 in the Part 3 Question 29, and then in Part 5, 1. is not populating with anything.  Anyone have any ideas?

1. yes you can; that doesn't matter.

2. the form is broken and has been for quite a while.

3. solution: don't use the fillable features on the form, type text comments using the pdf editor of your choice.

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.