Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Booey_US_CA said:

Right, I'm more concerned that we need to get this done and he won't be back in Canada until early October so we wanted to get this done or started in some way. Thanks!

I got my police clearance while I was in the US. I went to an authorized finger printing agency, got the prints done, and mailed them to commissionaires in Ottawa, along with other forms they sent me. They then handled the digitizing of the prints and submission, and the police certificate was sent to my address in the US. The entire process took about 4 weeks.

Timeline
Interview Sept.1st 2021
Well I was put into AP at my interview yesterday.
I just returned home early this morning I will write a full review later about the process. 
I am ok with the AP it is what it is (Using own assets to sponsor so I have half cash in US accounts other half in Canadian account that I have to just transfer to our US account)
Plus the case withdrawn on my background check from 1993 he wants the police report and if any court documents and told me if I have trouble obtaining this info to let them know. ( I did try to get more info on this before but was hitting dead ends but I will go to the police station to see if they have anything on this).
I am ok with the above But what I am not ok with is the Agents total and unacceptable arrogance and incompetence I had to really stand my ground Until the agent finally went to ask another agent if what I was saying is correct what a joke ( if he was unsure about something he should of went to ask his supervisor not try to push false info on me that would of really effected my case ).
I will write a better review later and if your case is not out of the norm I am sure you will be fine but if anything is out of the norm bring the exact wording for what is needed in case you get the agent I got I think his name was KAREN.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, John416 said:
Interview Sept.1st 2021
Well I was put into AP at my interview yesterday.
I just returned home early this morning I will write a full review later about the process. 
I am ok with the AP it is what it is (Using own assets to sponsor so I have half cash in US accounts other half in Canadian account that I have to just transfer to our US account)
Plus the case withdrawn on my background check from 1993 he wants the police report and if any court documents and told me if I have trouble obtaining this info to let them know. ( I did try to get more info on this before but was hitting dead ends but I will go to the police station to see if they have anything on this).
I am ok with the above But what I am not ok with is the Agents total and unacceptable arrogance and incompetence I had to really stand my ground Until the agent finally went to ask another agent if what I was saying is correct what a joke ( if he was unsure about something he should of went to ask his supervisor not try to push false info on me that would of really effected my case ).
I will write a better review later and if your case is not out of the norm I am sure you will be fine but if anything is out of the norm bring the exact wording for what is needed in case you get the agent I got I think his name was KAREN.
I should clarify the agent said I don't qualify because using own assets I needed 5 times the amount of the poverty level I was nice about it but told him my wife US citizen sponsoring her spouse is 3 x the poverty amount (around $65K) 5x is for sponsoring family father ,mother, brother, ETC. spouse is 3x and I believe children. I submitted proof of $82000 USD half is in Canadian which I will have to transfer the rest to USD.
We went back and forth about this until he said I am not going to argue about this and I said that's fine I am not arguing I am just stating the exact wording on the I-864 instructions and he finally went to clarify this with another agent and came back and said yes thigs have changed and you only need 3x the poverty amount ( I came to this interview with everything to the best of my ability and wasn't going to just accept a agent not knowing qualification as the outcome of my case).
If he didn't know he should of went to his supervisor because if I didn't know or didn't stand my ground I would of been sent home with a dose not qualify when I do. There is a lot more issues but this was the main thing that really is not acceptable.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Booey_US_CA said:

Right, I'm more concerned that we need to get this done and he won't be back in Canada until early October so we wanted to get this done or started in some way. Thanks!

I also did my fingerprinting in the US. Contact commissionaire (I had to go through headquarters in Ottawa), and they will send you the forms to be filled out. Then go to an accredited fingerprinting place, get them done and the forms filled out, and send everything back to commissionaire. It takes a little longer because it's snail mail, but better than waiting till he's back in Canada.

1 hour ago, John416 said:
I should clarify the agent said I don't qualify because using own assets I needed 5 times the amount of the poverty level I was nice about it but told him my wife US citizen sponsoring her spouse is 3 x the poverty amount (around $65K) 5x is for sponsoring family father ,mother, brother, ETC. spouse is 3x and I believe children. I submitted proof of $82000 USD half is in Canadian which I will have to transfer the rest to USD.
We went back and forth about this until he said I am not going to argue about this and I said that's fine I am not arguing I am just stating the exact wording on the I-864 instructions and he finally went to clarify this with another agent and came back and said yes thigs have changed and you only need 3x the poverty amount ( I came to this interview with everything to the best of my ability and wasn't going to just accept a agent not knowing qualification as the outcome of my case).
If he didn't know he should of went to his supervisor because if I didn't know or didn't stand my ground I would of been sent home with a dose not qualify when I do. There is a lot more issues but this was the main thing that really is not acceptable.

So the AP is for the police report and court documents and they accepted the funds in the account for AOS?

Also, what did you do to satisfy the domicile requirements? Good luck. Ipray that you get your visa soon. Hang in there. You are almost there.

Timeline
14 hours ago, darth vader said:

Congrats! May I ask for your reason for requesting expedite?

My wife (Petitioner) has several chronic health issues and needs me there at all times. So we detailed those, with doctor's letters (2) to supplement them, as well as included the fact that I am a nurse.

- Mel 

Timeline

Went to Dr. Zatzman in Vaughan, ON today. for my medical.  I live closeby fortunately, so I was able to make it there for 0900 hrs - despite my appointment being scheduled online for 0930 hrs.  

I got confused as to where to go because the directory on the ground floor had no suite 215 - nor the name Zatzman anywhere. So  I hopped in the elevator and went to the second floor. To my suprise - Dr Zatzman was in the elevator as I was going up and was willing to take me earlier than my appointment time.  

The receptionist processed my papers: I handed her my expedite approved email (she needed anything with the MTL number; we don't have our IL yet), my passport, and payment ($260). She took my passport photo with their office camera, so they didnt need the copies I brought. Shortly after I went into the exam room. Dr Zatzman asked me health related questions, then took my height, weight, and blood pressure. After this he stated he only needed my Tetanus, MMR, and verbal declaration of Varicella/Chickenpox. Apparantly Flu shot and COVID vaccines aren't required - although I brought proof of all. He then assured me it will all be submitted electronically to the consulate, and I will get an email from him once it is sent out.  All in all he was very kind and pleasant and it was such a quick, easy process. 

Dr Zatzman then gave me the requisitions for the Chest XRay and the Lab Work. The XRAY took about 10 minutes from checking in (processing passport, requisition, payment) to getting it completed.  I put myself in the queue for the lab work first, then went to get my xray, then went back to the Dynacare waiting room for my lab work.  

All went smoothly and was a very simple process. I was in there at 9am and out of there by about 1015am.

Feel free to ask any questions! 

- Mel

4 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Went to Dr. Zatzman in Vaughan, ON today. for my medical.  I live closeby fortunately, so I was able to make it there for 0900 hrs - despite my appointment being scheduled online for 0930 hrs.  

I got confused as to where to go because the directory on the ground floor had no suite 215 - nor the name Zatzman anywhere. So  I hopped in the elevator and went to the second floor. To my suprise - Dr Zatzman was in the elevator as I was going up and was willing to take me earlier than my appointment time.  

The receptionist processed my papers: I handed her my expedite approved email (she needed anything with the MTL number; we don't have our IL yet), my passport, and payment ($260). She took my passport photo with their office camera, so they didnt need the copies I brought. Shortly after I went into the exam room. Dr Zatzman asked me health related questions, then took my height, weight, and blood pressure. After this he stated he only needed my Tetanus, MMR, and verbal declaration of Varicella/Chickenpox. Apparantly Flu shot and COVID vaccines aren't required - although I brought proof of all. He then assured me it will all be submitted electronically to the consulate, and I will get an email from him once it is sent out.  All in all he was very kind and pleasant and it was such a quick, easy process. 

Dr Zatzman then gave me the requisitions for the Chest XRay and the Lab Work. The XRAY took about 10 minutes from checking in (processing passport, requisition, payment) to getting it completed.  I put myself in the queue for the lab work first, then went to get my xray, then went back to the Dynacare waiting room for my lab work.  

All went smoothly and was a very simple process. I was in there at 9am and out of there by about 1015am.

- Mel

Hey did they just ask if you had chicken pox or did you get the vaccines for it? 

Timeline
Just now, Twiz&Toz said:

Hey did they just ask if you had chicken pox or did you get the vaccines for it? 

He just asked if I did. I did however have a serology test done once in 2015 and again in 2020.  I showed him the 2020 Serology test showing that I have had a past infection of chickenpox. So no, it wasn't required, I just showed him it. He just glanced at it and said it was okay.

- Mel

Timeline
10 minutes ago, darth vader said:

So the AP is for the police report and court documents and they accepted the funds in the account for AOS?

Also, what did you do to satisfy the domicile requirements? Good luck. Ipray that you get your visa soon. Hang in there. You are almost there.

Thanks darth vader I feel as if I am almost at the top of the hill or just over the hill tumbling down it hitting every pothole possible .

AP is for police, court docs and they ended up accepting the funds they just want all of it in our US account for one lump sum (easy to do I just thought with the funds being documented with the IRS as well it didn't really matter that half was in Canada half in USA but Ill transfer the rest and send in proof).

I didn't worry to much about the police report even thou I tried to get more documentation incase they asked about the withdrawn charge from 1993 because they state they only want court docs and police records if you have been convicted or pardoned of a crime which I have never been . But he wants them so yes I have to figure out how to get these records and send it to them .

For domicile my wife kept everything current the same as if she was living in the USA ( bank accounts, credit cards, drivers lic. memberships, voting card Etc), except for a home address or job in the USA and the agent was more then happy with that.

8 minutes ago, John416 said:

Thanks darth vader I feel as if I am almost at the top of the hill or just over the hill tumbling down it hitting every pothole possible .

I can imagine. But looks like you cleared the AOS and domicile hurdle which are the most important ones, so you should be good. You will get your visa very soon, and can start the next chapter of your life in the U.S.

they ended up accepting the funds they just want all of it in our US account for one lump sum (easy to do I just thought with the funds being documented with the IRS as well it didn't really matter that half was in Canada half in USA but Ill transfer the rest and send in proof).

What does "funds being documented with the IRS" mean?

For domicile my wife kept everything current the same as if she was living in the USA ( bank accounts, credit cards, drivers lic. memberships, voting card Etc), except for a home address or job in the USA and the agent was more then happy with that.

So your U.S.C. wife lives in Canada with you and didn't have a U.S. job at the time of the interview? Did you guys get a U.S. lease? Sorry I am a bit confused on this, hopefully you can explain in a bit more detail.

Looks like the officer was a bit too nosy. He didn't really need the police records but whatever. Should be easy for you to obtain, and once you submit that you can be done with this process. Good luck!!!!

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
40 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

- Mel

I assumed everything was digital, but forgot the XRay images are still put on a CD. I just got home and shortly after received a call from the XRay place stating they forgot to give me the CD with the images. So now I am going back tomorrow to grab it.

Don't forget the CD folks!

- Mel

Timeline
3 minutes ago, darth vader said:

I can imagine. But looks like you cleared the AOS and domicile hurdle which are the most important ones, so you should be good. You will get your visa very soon, and can start the next chapter of your life in the U.S.

What does "funds being documented with the IRS" mean?

So your U.S.C. wife lives in Canada with you and didn't have a U.S. job at the time of the interview? Did you guys get a U.S. lease? Sorry I am a bit confused on this, hopefully you can explain in a bit more detail.

Looks like the officer was a bit too nosy. He didn't really need the police records but whatever. Should be easy for you to obtain, and once you submit that you can be done with this process. Good luck!!!!

"funds being documented with the IRS" Is when we do my wifes taxes there is a form called a F BAR that documents any bank accounts in the world with over 15k in it that belongs to the US Citizen and is calculated using the exchange rate to document it in USD.

Yes my US citizen wife lives in Canada with me since 2012 and she does not have a US job at the time of the interview ( which is fine because we are using proof of assets to sponsor me).

As well with domicile one of the things besides other proof is if the USA citizen in "Good Faith" intends to make the USA her domicile country again and move no later then the intending immigrant is part of proof of domicile ( so no lease nothing just wrote a short note about once I am approved were we will buy or lease a home) and the agent was good with this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, John416 said:

"funds being documented with the IRS" Is when we do my wifes taxes there is a form called a F BAR that documents any bank accounts in the world with over 15k in it that belongs to the US Citizen and is calculated using the exchange rate to document it in USD.

Yes my US citizen wife lives in Canada with me since 2012 and she does not have a US job at the time of the interview ( which is fine because we are using proof of assets to sponsor me).

As well with domicile one of the things besides other proof is if the USA citizen in "Good Faith" intends to make the USA her domicile country again and move no later then the intending immigrant is part of proof of domicile ( so no lease nothing just wrote a short note about once I am approved were we will buy or lease a home) and the agent was good with this.

Darth is asking because Montreal has never just allowed a couple to  move when the visa comes in. They have always made the USC make the move prior to getting the visa. 

1 hour ago, John416 said:

AP is for police, court docs and they ended up accepting the funds they just want all of it in our US account for one lump sum (easy to do I just thought with the funds being documented with the IRS as well it didn't really matter that half was in Canada half in USA but Ill transfer the rest and send in proof).

I didn't worry to much about the police report even thou I tried to get more documentation incase they asked about the withdrawn charge from 1993 because they state they only want court docs and police records if you have been convicted or pardoned of a crime which I have never been . But he wants them so yes I have to figure out how to get these records and send it to them .

If you haven't pushed at the court house. You will have to have the clerk at the court house dig through her books. 1993 your records will not be in their computers. She has to do a manual check and then most likely send a request to the storage to get them dug out. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
21 hours ago, HD_BIRDS said:

On A TN, so have gone back to Canada once since the police clearance, and going again in September.

How long ago did you get your TN? I had an opportunity to work in USA on TN but lawyer advised against it. Said it may get denied since I am close to interview (DQ Jan 16 2021). Lawyer also said during the interview process it could reflect bad as both visa category (TN and Green card) have different intention. 

Do they ask you anything abt green card being processed ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.