Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Yes, I did pay for it before entering the USA.

Does the green card and SSN automatically send to my USA address OR do I need to do anything extra?

Am I allow to open bank account and get health insurance with my temporary green card?

If you don't see your SSN arrive in the mail within about 2-3 weeks of your your entry in the US, you may have to call the SSA to verify whether or not they've issued it.  It usually comes pretty quickly.  

If you paid the green card fee, nothing more that you need to do other than wait for the card.  I'd sign up for USPS Informed Delivery - I found out our green cards had been sent on informed delivery before I received notification from USCIS!  

Yes, you can get your bank account and health insurance and update once your social comes.  Some companies will try and tell you you can't get health insurance without it - it's not the truth.  If you have to fudge it, use 000-00-0000 for the number and update it once your actual social arrives.  The number is used to issue a 1095-B, required for income tax.  If you have an ITIN, you can use that too and update when the permanent number is issued.

The bank should be able to as well.  You'll want to update that as soon as you get the number so you can build your credit history.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks @Ontarkie for the retag!

To @Fobosdaemios, our SSNs arrived literally two weeks to the day of our entry, and we entered on a Saturday. Now I get to rebuild credit... and wait for my green card!

Glad to see they have started scheduling interviews again, and good luck to all of you who are waiting - it does get better!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anybody else get their Purolator bag from the medical clinic.  Open it and realise there's no sealed envelope inside and have an un neccesary nervous breakdown?  Turns out if it's electronically sent to the consolate there's no sealed envelope.  I thought I screwed my whole case and my interview is this Monday morning. Eep turns out I'm just dumb

Edited by JOLUANY

Timeline
32 minutes ago, krisBui said:

Alright, we finally made it back home. My wife’s visa was approved. 

She went in at 9:30 am convinced it was going to be over in less than an hour. She actually spent 2 hours inside the consulate. I thought it was a negative sign since I was waiting outside for her. It was all due to the number of people being interviewed on that day, plus the very limited staff at the consulate. So if you go with your spouse, don’t panic if it’s taking more than one hour.

Same thing other VJ members have said. The original documents are requested at the beginning (birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate, passport, and pictures for visa) she was asked basic questions such as:

-what is the name of the petitioner?

-where does the petitioner live?

-when did you get married?

-How did you meet?

-whats is your spouse’s phone number?

The only extra document she was asked for was the I-864 which, luckily, we had already printed. It’s always good to get copies for the interview just in case. After confirming some other details, the interviewer told my wife he intended to approve her visa. 

We are thankful for the community here, and the advice we have received. It certainly helped us navigate this immigration process in the middle of a pandemic.

One last thing, bring something to read since it is a long wait. Unfortunately, my wife brought a crossword magazine, but she forgot her pen so you can imagine how anxious she was lol. 

Awesome congrats! And thank you for the advice! I have one question, did they ask for a new I-864 like with 2020 tax info or the one you had already uploaded before you were DQ’d? 

Timeline

My husband entered the U.S from Canada on 01/09/2021. We still haven't gotten his Green card. Paid the fee and got his SSC. 

I even made an inquiry over a month ago, but haven't heard anything. Is there anything more to do?

Timeline
3 hours ago, MadKittyCat said:

Awesome congrats! And thank you for the advice! I have one question, did they ask for a new I-864 like with 2020 tax info or the one you had already uploaded before you were DQ’d? 

That’s a really good question. They asked for the I-864 we submitted the first time. We did bring copies of my 2020 transcripts and also the entire 1040 form just in case. I agree with you, I was suspecting that, because tax season this year has already ended, they might request our most recent taxes.

I would say, be prepared with your original I-864, including all other versions you may have submitted. we only uploaded this form once to the CEAC website. And then, have copies of transcripts for older years, but for 2020 maybe you can get the transcript and the 1040 form. Hope this helps :)

if anyone else has advice about this topic, please share your experience. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Atyree9 said:

My husband entered the U.S from Canada on 01/09/2021. We still haven't gotten his Green card. Paid the fee and got his SSC. 

I even made an inquiry over a month ago, but haven't heard anything. Is there anything more to do?

Where/how did you make the inquiry?  

I inquired through MyUSCIS and had it escalated that way because it had been over 90 days.  Took 177, actually!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

quick question!

we're planning on bringing updated I-864 forms with our updated taxes for 2020; we're also going to be bringing the I-864 documents that were uploaded to the NVC.  Do you know if a printed out version of the originals (uploaded to the NVC) will be okay ie. ones without wet signatures?  We have a joint sponsor, but he lives further away and he signed and scanned and sent it to me.  Wondering if they'll say anything about the scanned signature as opposed to wet.  Both the new I-864 forms have wet signatures.

Timeline
On 8/16/2021 at 5:52 PM, T&S_MTL said:

We were approved as well 🎉🇺🇲🍷(interview this morning), the officers were really kind, especially the one who conducted the interview. CEAC is showing that the visa is issued already (with the note on undergoing AP), looks like it goes fast after the approval.

Congratulations.

I had my Medical with Dr Zatzman yesterday.
They only required my passport, Immagration appointment letter and Vaccine proof    ( in my case was a titer test).
They took my Photo and uploaded it to the system(so no passport photos required).
Dr Zatzman is a very nice guy went very smooth. ( he is in suite 215 now)
They gave me Requisitions for blood work and x-ray both located on the main floor.
I checked in with the blood lab they said it would be about 50minutes and they will text me to come to the lab waiting area so I went to the x-ray lab and they took the x-ray and gave me the CD of it all within 10 or so minutes.
Blood lab text me so I went to there waiting room and was called up with in a few minutes and did the Urine test there as well.
Dr Zatzman said all the information will be sent directly to the consulate and they will email me when they do so, There is nothing to pick up or courier after the fact.
The doctor's office enter a lot of information in the system and did make a spelling error so I had it corrected but glad the x-ray lab seen it and I was able to get it corrected. ( it could of been a headache if it was not detected to after the fact so double check all information entered on all pages).
If you have a choice, it seems like the earlier the appointment you're in and out time will be less waiting specially at the blood lab .  It took about 2 hours from when I seen the Dr until I was done everything needed.
$260 for the doctor $70 for x-ray $30 for blood and urine test ( all accept visa , mastercard or cash)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.