Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, HAB said:

Any one here knows how to import your cat into the states. Any papers ? Vaccination record ? We recently adopted a cat and I am just wondering if anyone has an experience with that if you choose a land border for POE. Thx 

Usually they ask for utd shots, and a medical clearance letter from your vet

Edited by Riversong

1 hour ago, Riversong said:

I am now officially a LRP of the USA. I came early to the customs at the Calgary airport. 3 hours before my flight was scheduled to leave. I told the agent I was activating my IR1 visa, he asked me if I had the packet with me, I said I was told everything was electronic.  He said oh yea, I forgot. He asked me for my passport, open to the Visa page, verified the address I will be living at and contact phone number. Gave me back my passport and said welcome to the USA. It took 5 min. I asked if I needed to go to secondary,  he said nope he was able to activate the visa in primary. He didn't ask for my covid test, didn't ask for my cats vet certificate, or how much money I was bringing over, or any of my belongings.  
Whats really funny is this is the same guy who took a power trip on me last time through Calgary and I missed my flight...lol.
Anyway,  very smooth entry through Customs!

Hey, I just got through the custom too. I got pulled into the secondary security check. He told me to sit down and wait. The officer called my name and returned my passport 30mins later. All I got is the CR1 STAMP expires next year (1year). He didn't asked me to fill out anything or ask me anything. 

I'm just wondering if that stamp is acting as a temporary green card until the physical one arrives?

And do I need to do anything after entering USA? I put yes for SSN on ds 260 form.

Timeline
5 hours ago, alphabetagamma said:

Looking at this I strongly feel that by end of this year we will have IL's covered till Mar 21. After that it might slow down again. 

My guess is there are less applications DQ'd till Mar 21.  From Apr 21 onward NVC picked up speed to approve faster and moving more people to DQ so it might take more time to cover those.

The way you are reading it -

when NVC’s processing time is longer  files, they are issuing fewer DQs. When NVC’s processing time is shorter, they are issuing more DQs. That may very well be right and could be explained by the following scenario.

Scénario A - If NVC’s staff reduces (maybe on leave or fewer contract workers on staff) processing time will increase, in turn reducing the number of DQs.

Another interpretation I see - when NVC’s processing time is longer or NVC’s processing time is shorter, they are issuing thé same number of DQs. This is explained by scenario B.

Scenario B - If the number of files being transferred to NVC from USCIS increases, the load of NVC increases. If their staff remains constant, it would take them longer process each application, thus increasing processing time. But the number of DQs being issued per month remains the same.

Third interpretation I see - when NVC’s processing time is longer, they are issuing more DQs. When NVC’s processing time is shorter they are issuing fewer DQs. This can be explained by scenario C.

Scénario C - An increase in processing time could be reflection of a surge in number of applications being received by NVC from USCIS. NVC maybe overloaded during this period and responding increasing their capacity to process applications, and issuing more DQs per month than usual.

Basically, I Guess there are too many variables to know for sure. The other unknown as we have already established is how these DQs are distributed among various countries....

Aaaah... too much number crunching with incomplete information lol.

Hang in there through the insanity folks! We will get to the finish line eventually...

4 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

The way you are reading it -

when NVC’s processing time is longer  files, they are issuing fewer DQs. When NVC’s processing time is shorter, they are issuing more DQs. That may very well be right and could be explained by the following scenario.

Scénario A - If NVC’s staff reduces (maybe on leave or fewer contract workers on staff) processing time will increase, in turn reducing the number of DQs.

Another interpretation I see - when NVC’s processing time is longer or NVC’s processing time is shorter, they are issuing thé same number of DQs. This is explained by scenario B.

Scenario B - If the number of files being transferred to NVC from USCIS increases, the load of NVC increases. If their staff remains constant, it would take them longer process each application, thus increasing processing time. But the number of DQs being issued per month remains the same.

Third interpretation I see - when NVC’s processing time is longer, they are issuing more DQs. When NVC’s processing time is shorter they are issuing fewer DQs. This can be explained by scenario C.

Scénario C - An increase in processing time could be reflection of a surge in number of applications being received by NVC from USCIS. NVC maybe overloaded during this period and responding increasing their capacity to process applications, and issuing more DQs per month than usual.

Basically, I Guess there are too many variables to know for sure. The other unknown as we have already established is how these DQs are distributed among various countries....

Aaaah... too much number crunching with incomplete information lol.

Hang in there through the insanity folks! We will get to the finish line eventually...

I think end of the year we will have Il up to nov 2020 I hope I’m wrong lol .

Timeline
9 hours ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Hey, I just got through the custom too. I got pulled into the secondary security check. He told me to sit down and wait. The officer called my name and returned my passport 30mins later. All I got is the CR1 STAMP expires next year (1year). He didn't asked me to fill out anything or ask me anything. 

I'm just wondering if that stamp is acting as a temporary green card until the physical one arrives?

And do I need to do anything after entering USA? I put yes for SSN on ds 260 form.

So, the guy who stamped mine only stamped it for 6 months, and it should have been a year. :(
The stamp does act as a temporary Green Card, so hopefully I get mine before the 6 months are up

On 8/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

Thanks for all the advice.

Sorry, but could you share a link to these USCIS statistics. I wasn’t able to locate it with a Google search.

Or do you mean this? I was aware of this, but was looking for something that indicates either what DQ dates they are currently processing or the time between DQ and interview. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-
issuances.html

We basically just looked at the timelines and limited it to Morocco, and saw that there was a short time between leaving NVC and interview. We also looked at https://visawhen.com/consulates/casablanca/cr1ir1
But I think I saw someone else post this already, so not sure how helpful this is haha. But i feel like the combination of the two can give you a good idea of what the processing situation in your home country looks like.

Timeline

I couldn't sleep last night, and I went through the entire thread for CR1/IR1 appointments in London:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/750816-london-cr1-ir1-appointment-updates/

This is what I gleaned (see below). It is incomplete information, since they do not have a tracker...

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 11.05.21 AM.jpg

I haven't analysed this yet, but from first glance the following is clear:

1. London has fewer DQs per month than Montreal, yet issues more visas per month than Montreal

2. I am not entirely sure, but it looks like the DQs increased in the month of Nov 2020

3. From Dec2020 onwards, number of DQs appears to reduce. Either that or London is just conducting a hella more interviews in Aug and Sep 21 (which is possible due to their lifting of COVID measures); we won't know until the NVC stats are in.

I'll look at this more over the week and see if I can infer anything more. Everyone feel free to give your two cents...

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

3 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I couldn't sleep last night, and I went through the entire thread for CR1/IR1 appointments in London:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/750816-london-cr1-ir1-appointment-updates/

This is what I gleaned (see below). It is incomplete information, since they do not have a tracker...

upon quick glance of the time between NOA 2 and interview, it looks like a span of about 5-6 months. The september interviews are for people with march/april 2021 NOA2. It certainly looks better than Canada. 
Personally, we are going to wait a few more months to see the trends. We need more data before determining if what is happening in canada is a true trend, or just random. I think by Nov we will have a better idea, as well as seeing how Delta variant is affecting everything. We will make a decision then about changing consulates or not

Timeline
5 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

1. London has fewer DQs per month than Montreal, yet issues more visas per month than Montreal

2. I am not entirely sure, but it looks like the DQs increased in the month of Nov 2020

3. From Dec2020 onwards, number of DQs appears to reduce. Either that or London is just conducting a hella more interviews in Aug and Sep 21 (which is possible due to their lifting of COVID measures); we won't know until the NVC stats are in.

I'll look at this more over the week and see if I can infer anything more. Everyone feel free to give your two cents...

I am also soooo jealous... :(

33 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I don’t think London has as many dq as Canada as well. With us sharing a boarder like we do it’s easier for us to meet our spouses. I also think London May have been part of the lawsuit as well. I know a bunch of country’s they stopped visas bc of the travel ban. All in all we will just have to wait and see what happens for the next 2 months if dqs. Seeing nov has really grown much on out google doc is a good sign. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

I also think London May have been part of the lawsuit as well. I know a bunch of country’s they stopped visas bc of the travel ban. 

Hmmm... wonder if we should file a lawsuit against Montreal. 12 month wait from DQ to interview is unprecedented, and unacceptable IMO, yet that is where Montreal is heading in October 2021.

But yes, we should wait for for the next couple of rounds. Maybe Montreal has a plan...

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/15/2021 at 9:12 AM, HAB said:

Any one here knows how to import your cat into the states. Any papers ? Vaccination record ? We recently adopted a cat and I am just wondering if anyone has an experience with that if you choose a land border for POE. Thx 

Kitty doesn't really need much.  Most states require kitty to have valid rabies vaccination older than 30 days, so I'd check wherever you're headed to.  If you fly, most airlines require a health certification within 10 days of travel, but driving, not required.  

On 8/15/2021 at 9:38 AM, Riversong said:

I am now officially a LRP of the USA. I came early to the customs at the Calgary airport. 3 hours before my flight was scheduled to leave. I told the agent I was activating my IR1 visa, he asked me if I had the packet with me, I said I was told everything was electronic.  He said oh yea, I forgot. He asked me for my passport, open to the Visa page, verified the address I will be living at and contact phone number. Gave me back my passport and said welcome to the USA. It took 5 min. I asked if I needed to go to secondary,  he said nope he was able to activate the visa in primary. He didn't ask for my covid test, didn't ask for my cats vet certificate, or how much money I was bringing over, or any of my belongings.  
Whats really funny is this is the same guy who took a power trip on me last time through Calgary and I missed my flight...lol.
Anyway,  very smooth entry through Customs!

If the stamp is for 6mo and you're getting close to the expiry without a sign of the physical green card, you can make an appointment at a local CBP office to get it restamped.  Hopefully, you won't have to resort to that!  The green cards have been coming MUCH faster than the 177 days it took ours!

Vet health check is usually because the airline itself wants to absolve themselves from responsibility if something happens to your pet.  Hopefully the kitties flew uneventfully well and weren't too traumatized! 

The variability of the officers you get in Calgary and what their objectives are on any given day is highly entertaining to me!  I've experienced it myself and I just rolled my eyes on many occasions! 

23 hours ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Yes - temporary green card, good for reentry into the USA and for employment authorization without your social.  

Did you pay the green card fee before you entered the US?  If not, it needs to be paid before they'll issue your green card. 

Edited by mam521
Added info about GC stamp

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

39 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Yes - temporary green card, good for reentry into the USA and for employment authorization without your social.  

Did you pay the green card fee before you entered the US?  If not, it needs to be paid before they'll issue your green card. 

Yes, I did pay for it before entering the USA.

Does the green card and SSN automatically send to my USA address OR do I need to do anything extra?

Am I allow to open bank account and get health insurance with my temporary green card?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.