Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, annierob said:

That's what I am saying to myself. I had kinda made peace with that idea, since looking at the spreadsheet, and tried to see patterns and noticed the last 2 rounds gave interviews for about 13-14 days of DQ dates:

JULY
Sept 9 - 21
13 days

AUG
Sept 22 - Oct 5
14 days

So I assumed:

SEPT
Oct 6 - 18
13 days

OCT
Oct 19 - 31
13 days

But...I think seeing another Oct 20 DQ made me a little sad. I also see that @irisheyes123 and @OG Fan have not posted anything yet, and they're Oct 20 too.

So, it will be next month! HA, 365 days after being DQ'ed!

We received our interview letter today, for September 27th. I'm so sad to see that some people from our DQ date didn't get their IL today too, but hopeful that you will be next. Praying there may be more ILs that go out tomorrow. Sending you all lots of love and strength, almost there! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Joseph Zachariah, were you approved today?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
12 hours ago, OG Fan said:

We received our interview letter today, for September 27th. I'm so sad to see that some people from our DQ date didn't get their IL today too, but hopeful that you will be next. Praying there may be more ILs that go out tomorrow. Sending you all lots of love and strength, almost there! 

Aw…congrats!!! It’s definitely a little heartbreaking for a few us, but so so so happy for you and everyone who got their IL.

I highly doubt they’re going to send more ILs this month. From the spreadsheet, it hasn’t been the case this year yet…sadly.

Well…at least the other Oct 20 peeps are definitely next in line. We’ll just get our IL the following week (I’m guessing Monday, Oct 6…but let’s see if it’s before)

Best of luck! And courage to all who are still waiting…! I hope it will not take nearly 365 days to get an IL like me and the other Oct DQ dates ✌️

Timeline

Honestly, I just don't get it. It's now been almost four months since DoS issued the order regarding prioritisation of immigrant visas:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

Quote from this order:

"This prioritization plan instructs posts to maximize their limited resources to accommodate as many immediate relative and fiancé(e) cases as possible with a goal of, at a minimum, preventing the backlog from growing in these categories and hopefully reducing it."

From the date of the issuance of this order, the wait time for CR1/IR1 has increased from 7/8 months to 11/12 months. Doesn't that clearly indicate the backlog is growing, and by a LOT? I get that Montreal is working on reducing backlog in other categories including K1, tier 3/4, and I understand, as a result of that IR1/CR1 backlog could take a small hit, but increasing it by so much?! The way it is going, the backlog could easily double in a few months...

I don't get how Montreal is blatantly going against DoS's order?

Anyone know the story at other consulates? London, Mexico? What's going on there?

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
17 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

As for me, I would try to seek help from your husband's representative in NY. One of the role of our representatives is to listen on the issues or problems and help their constituents. For me this is similar to passport processing or missing applications for passports wherein I have read also from VJ on a different thread where people had reach out to their representative. The staff of the representative will reply and ask some further details and will contact with the corresponding Government agency involve to do further action. I don't think trying this possible step is wrong and will harm. Hope you find the best option in resolving your issue

We may do this to see if we can get something expedited. Thanks for the suggestion!

37 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

agreed, this is what I am thinking too. The numbers are REALLY bad. The trend the past few months of only giving ILs to span of 13 to 14 days each is bad and not something that should continue. At this rate, (DQ Aug 8 2021) I can expect an interview in a little less than 2 years........

Looking at the IL this month and how they stopped half way threw the 20th tells me they only have x amount of spots and are running at full possible speed. They did change the order a bit to add other classes in tier 2. None the less still heart breaking. London was already doing 2021 dates last month. As for Mexico well some classes have been waiting since 1997. From what I can tell Dq tripled since covid hit. I know a bunch of i130 were shuffled around and caused a bunch to speed up that could also have been what let to more ppl being Dq then normal. As we only see a little bit of the ppl who are Dq each month there could be a lot of ppl who where Dq before rescheduling now that covid cases are lower. Sadly Montreal doesn’t explain everything. I wish they were open and just told us hey guys we are short staffed or what not. 

Sadly each month I have to wait lowers me and my husbands chances of ever having children and we just found out my husbands insurance covers 90% of fertility.  

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

London was already doing 2021 dates last month. 

Wow!!

From what I can tell Dq tripled since covid hit. I know a bunch of i130 were shuffled around and caused a bunch to speed up that could also have been what let to more ppl being Dq then normal.

This is exactly what I see too. The number of cases being processed per month by Montreal has NOT reduced. It was roughly 100 per month before the pandemic and remains 100 per month now. We see it only 12/13 days of DQ dates, compared to 25/30 days before the pandemic, but this is NOT because Montreal is interviewing fewer applicants. It is because the number of DQs per month has atleast doubled... Surely. they see that though, and surely, they need to manage it to avoid a potential 2 year wait between DQ and interview (which can easily happen the way things are going in the next 9 months). The only way is for Montreal to increase their capacity; increase staff, increase floor area of the waiting room.... They need to have started working on this yesterday (nay, 6 months ago)... It is clear they did not, and I only hope they are working on it now.

Sadly each month I have to wait lowers me and my husbands chances of ever having children and we just found out my husbands insurance covers 90% of fertility.  

:( I totally relate to this. I am 37 years old and in the same boat...hugs!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

1 hour ago, Twiz&Toz said:

I know a bunch of i130 were shuffled around and caused a bunch to speed up that could also have been what let to more ppl being Dq then normal.

Yeah, Nebraska sure went really fast once the pandemic hit. Happy for those who had a short wait time, but sucks for others who had to wait longer. It took almost 12 months for me to be DQd, I know it took even longer than that for others. I know some cases need more time, but the fact that so many were processed in 2-3 months is horribly unfair. The system needs a lot of reform. 

11 minutes ago, exp said:

Yes, I am in the US for half a year now!

If I learned one thing from this process: Canada is the worst country to apply for greencard.

I got DQ'ed Oct 7. Back then it seemed that my interview will take another year (I also expected around Sep).

In January I did the only right thing I could do: I switched my case to the embassy of a small European counry (I am citizen of).

Although people warned me that this process could prolongate things even further, within two weeks (!) I received my interview date which was set to just three weeks later (!). I entered the US in Feburary and I'm happy ever since. Hadn't I done this I would still sit in Canada, my interview being some time in Sep or Oct.

Not everyone has the luxury of switching consulates but if you do have it, DO it!!

(I based my decision of published data with number of cases processed by consulates from USCIS and time lines published in this forum and it seems Canada is the worst pick)

This is helpful. We have the option of switching to Morocco which never in our right mind did we consider being faster, but maybe we will look into it lol.

Did you have to go live there though for the time-being?

14 minutes ago, exp said:

Yes, I am in the US for half a year now!

If I learned one thing from this process: Canada is the worst country to apply for greencard.

I got DQ'ed Oct 7. Back then it seemed that my interview will take another year (I also expected around Sep).

In January I did the only right thing I could do: I switched my case to the embassy of a small European counry (I am citizen of).

Although people warned me that this process could prolongate things even further, within two weeks (!) I received my interview date which was set to just three weeks later (!). I entered the US in Feburary and I'm happy ever since. Hadn't I done this I would still sit in Canada, my interview being some time in Sep or Oct.

Not everyone has the luxury of switching consulates but if you do have it, DO it!!

(I based my decision of published data with number of cases processed by consulates from USCIS and time lines published in this forum and it seems Canada is the worst pick)

Did you have to go live there though for the time-being?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MJ & FEK said:

This is helpful. We have the option of switching to Morocco which never in our right mind did we consider being faster, but maybe we will look into it lol.

Yes, for sure do it, but make sure everything is feasible:

1. Do you need to prove residency in Morocco?

2. Would you need to provide Police certificate (or updated one)

3. You will probably need to do your medicals there. Is that feasible?

4. COVID restrictions (if any)

Check timelines on VJ for Morocco and see how much faster it is.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.