Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@MR.M& MRS.S Just checking, are you sure your DQ date is Oct 20 and not Oct 19? Reason I am asking is the other people DQ'd on Oct 20 have not received ILs, and this is the first time I am seeing a partial cut off like this.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
1 hour ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

You have our back. For sure You'll get there. I know it's draining to keep on waiting and frustrations comes when things don't come on how we may want it but I believe it will make us to be more tougher of being patiently waiting.

I wish someday I will meet here in LA folks who will be moving here in SoCal. Have a coffee, chatting and laughing as we share the experiences in this US Immigration Journey and all will say "So here I am, Yes! I finally surpass the hardship and done!"  

YES TO THAT!!!

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Purrikitty said:

Beyond overjoyed to receive our letter today for September 3rd (DQ Oct 7th). Updating timeline accordingly. Congratulations to everyone who received and for those who didn't, we are here for you! ❤️ It's tough but you will get there!

Congratulations folk!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shumai84 said:

OMG Congratulation to you all who received ILs in this batch!

We all know how agonizingly painful this wait has been.... you are almost there!!!!

I just had an interview this morning and got approved as well!

My experience was pretty much consistent with what I read here, but I will post a review later anyway in case it's helpful for others. 

Yay! You're now totally relieved! May be as like other folks done inside their hotel room, I imagine may be you had shouted for joy and cried for your happiness! Congratulations friend!🙏:joy:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

OMG Congratulation to you all who received ILs in this batch!

We all know how agonizingly painful this wait has been.... you are almost there!!!!

I just had an interview this morning and got approved as well!

My experience was pretty much consistent with what I read here, but I will post a review later anyway in case it's helpful for others. 

Congratulations! 😄

Timeline
1 hour ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

You have our back. For sure You'll get there. I know it's draining to keep on waiting and frustrations comes when things don't come on how we may want it but I believe it will make us to be more tougher of being patiently waiting.

I wish someday I will meet here in LA folks who will be moving here in SoCal. Have a coffee, chatting and laughing as we share the experiences in this US Immigration Journey and all will say "So here I am, Yes! I finally surpass the hardship and done!"  

I'm in LA waiting for my interview! We're traveling back to Canada next week Lord willing as my 6 months is up. Expecting an interview probably in November (DQ Nov 17).

1 hour ago, Twiz&Toz said:

Lol we should have a 5year visa journey reunion on here post updates on our new life’s in the USA lol. Only says that bc we all have struggled together for over a year and I’m sure I won’t be the only one wondering how everyone is doing. 

I went by my letter date that said feb 2 when I went online and checked it was really Jan 28. 

Edited by MR.M& MRS.S

1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@MR.M& MRS.S Just checking, are you sure your DQ date is Oct 20 and not Oct 19? Reason I am asking is the other people DQ'd on Oct 20 have not received ILs, and this is the first time I am seeing a partial cut off like this.

@From_CAN_2_US yeah I am Sure that our dq date is Oct 20, 2020

Timeline
1 minute ago, MR.M& MRS.S said:

@From_CAN_2_US yeah I am Sure that our dq date is Oct 20, 2020

Thank you for confirming it

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on a missing original divorce decree. After moving this past year, my husband has lost his original divorce certificate. We had the original when we uploaded documents to the NVC (of course uploaded a scan of the original), and now we cannot find the original after tearing our house apart. We moved since, so it must have gotten lost in the move. We noticed this about 7 months ago, and have tried numerous times to get it from the vital statistics office in New York, which has been closed due to COVID and has farmed the service out to a third party agency. The last update we received was that it would be processed and mailed by May 31st. Since then we have struggled to get any updates. Today finally someone was able to see the request in the system, but indicated that NY vital statistics is 12 weeks behind the processing dates for all requests. With a DQ date of Dec. 3rd 2021, I am starting to get a bit nervous that the document is not going to be processed in time. Does anyone have experience with this and any idea what our options are?

Edited by HD_BIRDS

Timeline
2 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

The spreadsheet shows two people DQ June 2nd 2020, one got an IL in January, the other got an IL in February. There are also a ton of people not on VJ so it likely happens a lot more than we see (VJ only has about 15% of cases). 

For everyone on the cusp that didn't get an IL, take solace in the fact that you'll definitely be in the next round and no longer have to wonder if it'll be big enough to include your date. That's what got me through :) 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
32 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on a missing original divorce decree. After moving this past year, my husband has lost his original divorce certificate. We had the original when we uploaded documents to the NVC (of course uploaded a scan of the original), and now we cannot find the original after tearing our house apart. We moved since, so it must have gotten lost in the move. We noticed this about 7 months ago, and have tried numerous times to get it from the vital statistics office in New York, which has been closed due to COVID and has farmed the service out to a third party agency. The last update we received was that it would be processed and mailed by May 31st. Since then we have struggled to get any updates. Today finally someone was able to see the request in the system, but indicated that NY vital statistics is 12 weeks behind the processing dates for all requests. With a DQ date of Dec. 3rd 2021, I am starting to get a bit nervous that the document is not going to be processed in time. Does anyone have experience with this and any idea what our options are?

As for me, I would try to seek help from your husband's representative in NY. One of the role of our representatives is to listen on the issues or problems and help their constituents. For me this is similar to passport processing or missing applications for passports wherein I have read also from VJ on a different thread where people had reach out to their representative. The staff of the representative will reply and ask some further details and will contact with the corresponding Government agency involve to do further action. I don't think trying this possible step is wrong and will harm. Hope you find the best option in resolving your issue

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.