Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, T&S_MTL said:

1. My wife (USC) is currently with me in Canada, and we hope she gets a job offer this week for a job in the US. She will still move to the US after the interview but I figured that this job offer letter would be a plus in terms of proof of domicile (we put the US, since we just graduated and the plan is to move to the US now) What do you guys think ?

2. Also, do we still have to update the I864 ? Because nothing changed yet; she will only sign the contract for this US job after the interview, or at least start after that's for sure.

Thank you!

1 -  I got a job offer from the US employer, so I'm bringing it with me to the interview in case the CO asks for additional supporting docs for the proof of domicile. But I didn't upload it to CEAC as I wasn't sure if having a job offer from the US employer while being in Canada could work against me. Until I get a visa, I'm not authorized to work in the US, so I thought maybe technically speaking I'm not supposed to get a job from the US employer yet. 

2 - As @Kai G. Llewellyn, my American spouse updated I-864 with 2020 income and asset information and uploaded it to CEAC. I'm bringing a copy with me to the interview as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

1 -  I got a job offer from the US employer, so I'm bringing it with me to the interview in case the CO asks for additional supporting docs for the proof of domicile. But I didn't upload it to CEAC as I wasn't sure if having a job offer from the US employer while being in Canada could work against me. Until I get a visa, I'm not authorized to work in the US, so I thought maybe technically speaking I'm not supposed to get a job from the US employer yet. 

2 - As @Kai G. Llewellyn, my American spouse updated I-864 with 2020 income and asset information and uploaded it to CEAC. I'm bringing a copy with me to the interview as well. 

Thank you! You make me realize the assets used for the financial requirements (our application is only based on assets actually) changed in value, and increased this past year (mutual funds) so I will update the form and bring the last bank statements, as well as the job offer of my wife ready to move back to the US (extra proof of domicile)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Shumai84 said:

I got a job offer from the US employer, so I'm bringing it with me to the interview in case the CO asks for additional supporting docs for the proof of domicile.

My understanding is proof of domicile is required for sponsor only. I do not think a job offer for the applicant (beneficiary/ Canadian citizen) would apply towards establishing proof of domicile.

I do not think it would hurt for you to disclose the job offer during the interview. COs have been known to ask, what you intend to do for work once you move to the US, and I don't think it would hurt for you to respond truthfully that you have a job offer waiting for you contingent on the approval of this visa. But I don't see a reason to upload any information about it on CEAC, as I can't think of any category of required documents that it would fall under.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tswiftlover said:

Has anyone gone to the interview with the police check over one year old since they changed it to being valid for two years?

Yes, someone definitely did. I don't remember offhand who it was. @Riversong or @State and Maine.... not sure...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Yes, someone definitely did. I don't remember offhand who it was. @Riversong or @State and Maine.... not sure...

Yes i used mine that I had done on July 10th 2020. My interview was July 21 2021 and it was accepted,no problems 

Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 4:02 PM, Kai G. Llewellyn said:

I'll be adding a review shortly to the site, so you should be able to see it under the Canada Office Reviews.

And yeah, I'll be hanging around here of course. I ain't going anywhere. :)

Congratulations! Very happy for you. Wish you a smooth crossing and happy life together with your husband :)

Sooo my husband and I were DQd this week. Right now for Montreal, it is looking to be about 11 month wait between DQ and interview. However, last year at this time the backlog was only about 150k. Now it is over 500k. For this reason, I am wondering if it might actually take WAY longer than a year for us to get our interview :( What do you think? Does anyone have any insight into this? Or can tell me my thinking is wrong? Lol

47 minutes ago, MJ & FEK said:

Sooo my husband and I were DQd this week. Right now for Montreal, it is looking to be about 11 month wait between DQ and interview. However, last year at this time the backlog was only about 150k. Now it is over 500k. For this reason, I am wondering if it might actually take WAY longer than a year for us to get our interview :( What do you think? Does anyone have any insight into this? Or can tell me my thinking is wrong? Lol

Someone mentioned the consulate is currently trying to hire additional officers to add more processing capacity, but who knows how long it will take for them to actually see any increase in the number of interviews per month as they need to train new hires before deploying them.

We all analyzed the available data and speculated, but basically most of us concluded that there is little pattern in the way they operate and whatever we predict is nothing more than a wild guess. If you are from another country other than Canada and have an alternative to transfer your case, you might want to seriously consider. If I knew it will take a year to get an IL from DQ, I would have done so.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Tswiftlover said:

Has anyone gone to the interview with the police check over one year old since they changed it to being valid for two years?

I offered both the old and new ones and they accepted the old one and gave me back the newer one

Timeline
1 hour ago, MJ & FEK said:

Congratulations on the DQ, and welcome to the thread and the waiting game...

I believe the 150K vs 500K figures you are referring to is that of DQs ready to be scheduled for interview across all categories of immigrant visas across the world. Many immigrant visas (family preference, employment categories, Diversity lottery) were/ are put on hold for a LONG time during the pandemic. I imagine that's the bulk of the cases causing this increase. IR1/CR1 on the other hand suffered some suspensions for 3/4 months in various consulates, but were still being processed. In Montreal, it was suspended for 4 months (if i remember correctly), but then they also pushed extra hard for 4 months (processing up to 3 times more than normal). So overall IR1/CR1 is not as badly affected as other categories. That's the good news. The bad news - Despite that push from Montreal on IR1/CR1 cases, the wait time from DQ to interveiw increased from 5 months to 10 months... 

To me, it is evident, there are more DQs coming in at Montreal per month than before the pandemic. About twice as much... So Montreal has to increase interviews per month drastically (As compared to pre-pandemic times) to catch up. We have some evidence that they are hiring more COs, but we do not know when they will be trained and ready to conduct interviews and ease the workload. Limited capacity (number of people allowed in the waiting rooms etc) of the consulate due to COVID restrictions is another factor that will affect interviews.

So yeah, it's anybody's guess whether wait times will increase or decrease going forward....

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MJ & FEK said:

Thanks for your response. Do you know how we know this? Just curious

@Twiz&Toz had seen a job posting for COs for Montreal consulate...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.