Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 9:58 AM, LomLomLom said:

He kept my passport and he said he would investigate more about why I got turned away at the order, how many times I crossed, when was the longest time I stayed in the US. Not that I didn’t give him the wholesome truthfulness answers but he just need to check, and he will follow up with me only through email. 

...are you out of AP yet?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hawk Riders said:

...are you out of AP yet?

Not @LomLomLom but we're still in AP after being 'approved' on the 23rd of July.  We're hopeful we will hear something soon, whether that's today or in a week or 2.  Our attorney reached out and we received this email back.  "Waiting is the hardest part" comes to mind, just trying to stay positive...

Thank you for your inquiry.   

Your case is currently under administrative processing. As soon as the administrative processing is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps and updated documents required to continue processing the case.  

   

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S.  Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing.  While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete.  

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.   

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

I will later tonight, apologies I've been meaning to, just keep forgetting.  Thanks

22 hours ago, G_K said:

Made it to Texas ! Started in May 2020, DQ September 21 2020, Interviewed July 23 2021, Crossed POE August 4th 2021. I'll update about when I receive GC & SSN. Thank you to the forum VJ, it helped a lot. Good luck to those in process, this thing has an end.

Congratulations! Crossing POE tomorrow and couldn't find a direct answer but did you clear customs and activate your visa before or after landing in the US? Also, how long did that process take compared to regular customs clearing?

5 hours ago, Waynester925 said:

Congratulations! Crossing POE tomorrow and couldn't find a direct answer but did you clear customs and activate your visa before or after landing in the US? Also, how long did that process take compared to regular customs clearing?

Its done before u get on ur flight. Yes it take longer then most times. Heads up long waits right now due to the strike so give ur self extra time.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

Its done before u get on ur flight. Yes it take longer then most times. Heads up long waits right now due to the strike so give ur self extra time.

I’m pretty sure only the Canadian border agents are striking. Should not impede us customs

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, State and Maine said:

I’m pretty sure only the Canadian border agents are striking. Should not impede us customs

CBSA border strike is over, so the border should be moving smoothly shortly, if not already. :)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Prior to an interview, do we need to upload an updated I-864 with 2020 income information to CEAC?

I didn't see any instruction, but looks like @Kai G. Llewellyn and others uploaded an updated I-864.... so I not sure if this is required. 

I printed out the one we uploaded to CEAC last year which only includes income information up to 2019, but maybe I should update I-864 with 2020 income information and upload it to CEAC?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for the status to change on the CEAC website after getting approved at the interview? My status on the CEAC is still the same but my passport is on the way back to my address though.

I think the "Issued - Please check waybill if you haven't received your visa after 5 days" message is the last one that we get. Is that what you have on yours?

20 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

Prior to an interview, do we need to upload an updated I-864 with 2020 income information to CEAC?

I didn't see any instruction, but looks like @Kai G. Llewellyn and others uploaded an updated I-864.... so I not sure if this is required. 

I printed out the one we uploaded to CEAC last year which only includes income information up to 2019, but maybe I should update I-864 with 2020 income information and upload it to CEAC?

I do believe they want 2020 financial info now as we are significantly past the filing deadline for 2020. It helps the Consular Officer out to have it uploaded onto CEAC, so I'd recommend it. It's always a good idea to have the physical copy with you as well, just in case there are issues with them pulling it from CEAC (apparently this has happened to a few VJ'ers).

As the IRS hadn't processed my husband's taxes yet, we didn't have a transcript for 2020, but a W-2 and the full signed 1040 was acceptable for the I-864.

Edited by Kai G. Llewellyn

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline

1. My wife (USC) is currently with me in Canada, and we hope she gets a job offer this week for a job in the US. She will still move to the US after the interview but I figured that this job offer letter would be a plus in terms of proof of domicile (we put the US, since we just graduated and the plan is to move to the US now) What do you guys think ?

2. Also, do we still have to update the I864 ? Because nothing changed yet; she will only sign the contract for this US job after the interview, or at least start after that's for sure.

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.