Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

Yay! They are still sending interview letters for end of August while in the first week of August.

I hope some IR1/CR1s will get letters tomorrow for at least one date at the end of August.

Timeline

On another note, I have been reading on the news today about COVID cases per day in Quebec rising upwards of 300... Looks bleak for Montreal embassy's plans to increase interview capacity...

39 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

On another note, I have been reading on the news today about COVID cases per day in Quebec rising upwards of 300... Looks bleak for Montreal embassy's plans to increase interview capacity...

This is gonna be a long road but I think they are also going off how many ppl have gotten the shot. Also if k1 are at the end of  the year I don’t think that will free up spots for us but spots for other classes. We have another week or two of sleepless nights and page refreshing to go. If we are lucky we will get threw all of October.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

This is gonna be a long road but I think they are also going off how many ppl have gotten the shot. Also if k1 are at the end of  the year I don’t think that will free up spots for us but spots for other classes. We have another week or two of sleepless nights and page refreshing to go. If we are lucky we will get threw all of October.

Sadly, I think you are very very right...

Thank you everyone with the helps and advices! I got approved yesterday!

It was definitely busier at the Consulate now. The whole interview was very easy overall.

Btw, please do print out documents for back up even though you reupload the updated ones to the CEAC website! There was a glitch from their system or something it didn't show my updated i-864 form and luckily I brought with me a physical copy.

6 hours ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Thank you everyone with the helps and advices! I got approved yesterday!

It was definitely busier at the Consulate now. The whole interview was very easy overall.

Btw, please do print out documents for back up even though you reupload the updated ones to the CEAC website! There was a glitch from their system or something it didn't show my updated i-864 form and luckily I brought with me a physical copy.

Was there particular reason you needed to reupload and bring a copy of i-864 to the interview?

In the instruction, it says i-864 is not needed for the interview....

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

3. Gather Documents Required for the Interview

Every visa applicant, no matter their age, must bring certain documents to the interview, including photographs, and the original or certified copy version of all civil documents submitted to NVC. You do not need to bring your Affidavit of Support or financial evidence you submitted to NVC.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Danii said:

Hey everyone, I'm coming back to Canada and remember reading here that the best COVID-19 test to get was the Walgreens ID NOW NAAT one. I can't find the exact post so was wondering if anyone else did this or suggest another? I'm so nervous about not getting the right test!

I just took a covid test at some place at our mall and the person put a cotton swab in my brain basically. I hope it isn't one of those...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shumai84 said:

Was there particular reason you needed to reupload and bring a copy of i-864 to the interview?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

Every visa applicant, no matter their age, must bring certain documents to the interview, including photographs, and the original or certified copy version of all civil documents submitted to NVC. You do not need to bring your Affidavit of Support or financial evidence you submitted to NVC.

There are so many times throughout this process that we've been told something works one way only for it to work another way later. I'm going prepared with a photo copy just incase of something like this- I'm not taking the chances for anything at this point, you know? It's 5 pages double sided, and if a tech issue on their end put me in AP I'd die right there on the floor. Previous people have definitely said they've requested financial evidence and tax documents in the last few months so. . .I don't know- you shouldn't need it but...

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Incrediblestan said:

I just took a covid test at some place at our mall and the person put a cotton swab in my brain basically. I hope it isn't one of those...

No. The NAAT test isn't like that. There's a swab that goes about halfway into your nose which you have to move in circles for like 15 seconds. It tickles but that's about it. I'm not sure if they're using NAAT or PCR at the land border, but it was the same deal, no brain swabs thank god!

59 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

There are so many times throughout this process that we've been told something works one way only for it to work another way later. I'm going prepared with a photo copy just incase of something like this- I'm not taking the chances for anything at this point, you know? It's 5 pages double sided, and if a tech issue on their end put me in AP I'd die right there on the floor. Previous people have definitely said they've requested financial evidence and tax documents in the last few months so. . .I don't know- you shouldn't need it but...

Seconded on bringing the Affidavit. It's very little effort to bring it and could save you from AP hell.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

3 hours ago, Shumai84 said:

Yes, my wife started a new job so I updated the form and uploaded to the site. I'm strongly advise you to bring everything you uploaded on the CEAC website and photocopy any of your Original documents and also have a look at this https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/appointment-checklist/ .

I almost got turned back because of their system didn't see my new i-864 form that I uploaded. Luckily I was well prepared and had a physical copy with me. Like a lot of people here mentioned, it doesn't take much time to have a print those documents out. After waiting for such along time for a interview appointment, you don't want to risk of getting rescheduled just because lacking of 1 document. Rather be safe than sorry.

Timeline

Hey, how long did it take for people usually to get their Purolator tracking number from USVisaInfo after approval at interview? I was approved on Wednesday so I'm hoping that I'd see the tracking number at some point today...though I don't know if I'm being over optimistic with that. xD

My CEAC status is the second 'Issued' message which suggests that I should get my passport back within 5 days or so.

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

No. The NAAT test isn't like that. There's a swab that goes about halfway into your nose which you have to move in circles for like 15 seconds. It tickles but that's about it. I'm not sure if they're using NAAT or PCR at the land border, but it was the same deal, no brain swabs thank god!!

Not a doctor, and can’t speak for NAAT, but I have had 6 PCR tests administered on me, and I think whether your brain is swabbed or not depends on the person administering it.

Of the 6 times, the first was the worst for me. It made my eyes water big time! Atleast 3 out of the 6 were not uncomfortable at all. The other two were mildly uncomfortable.

They all managed to get good enough samples for definitive results, so I think while the are some over zealous Nurses out there (and maybe they were going further back in April/ May 2020 when it first was being used), most are rather gentle.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Fobosdaemios said:

I would assume so too that we gonna get the tracking number soon. I have the same status as yours.

Ayy, I just got my tracking number. You should check yours! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.