Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Indeed. However, not to look into patterns too much, but from the last rounds of ILs, this my own personal estimation:

The September ILs will likely go out next Friday, August 13 (the ILs for August went out on Friday, July 9 / the ILs for July went out Monday, June 14). But if we want to continue going even further out, here is when previous ILs were sent:

- Friday, April 9

- Friday, March 12

Looking at the number of DQ dates sent for those two last batches (July and August), I calculated about 13 days of DQs. So sshould that "trend" continue, the next September ILs might only be for those DQ'ed between Oct 6 - 18.

However, let's hope the consulate will pick up the backlog and send out more! But keeping this in mind has been set the tone for my own sanity and anxiety. I've been on this thread for almost a year, so I needed some type of comfort. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, annierob said:

Indeed. However, not to look into patterns too much, but from the last rounds of ILs, this my own personal estimation:

The September ILs will likely go out next Friday, August 13 (the ILs for August went out on Friday, July 9 / the ILs for July went out Monday, June 14). But if we want to continue going even further out, here is when previous ILs were sent:

- Friday, April 9

- Friday, March 12

Looking at the number of DQ dates sent for those two last batches (July and August), I calculated about 13 days of DQs. So sshould that "trend" continue, the next September ILs might only be for those DQ'ed between Oct 6 - 18.

However, let's hope the consulate will pick up the backlog and send out more! But keeping this in mind has been set the tone for my own sanity and anxiety. I've been on this thread for almost a year, so I needed some type of comfort. 

I have to leave my current lease and move somewhere else starting October. And I'm so unsure if sign a new one year lease or not. DQ Jun 30, 2021. Based on your predictions, I think I should be safe signing it lol. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

I have to leave my current lease and move somewhere else starting October. And I'm so unsure if sign a new one year lease or not. DQ Jun 30, 2021. Based on your predictions, I think I should be safe signing it lol. 

I feel you. I'm DQed Oct 20, and it's been a really frustrating journey for my lease, amongst so many other things, as well. I would have never thought that I would get my IL 1 year after I was DQed. What a way to spend a marriage. But hey, what do I have the power to do about it? I guess try and stay calm because the mental toll is real.

However, seeing you were DQ in June, things have a lot of potential to change. I really do hope that for you.

Timeline
1 minute ago, alphabetagamma said:

Facing something similar. I think this is a common problem and is especially an issue for those of us who do not have any family in Canada.

I think it is very difficult to predict. It is quite possible with Montreal hiring more COs, the wait times will reduce, so your interview could come as early as April....on the other hand things could continue to get worse exponentially as it is is currently going and your interview wont be until September/ October...

i would recommend a 6 month lease if that would be acceptable to the landlord and going month to month after that.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, annierob said:

I feel you. I'm DQed Oct 20, and it's been a really frustrating journey for my lease, amongst so many other things, as well. I would have never thought that I would get my IL 1 year after I was DQed. What a way to spend a marriage. But hey, what do I have the power to do about it? I guess try and stay calm because the mental toll is real.

However, seeing you were DQ in June, things have a lot of potential to change. I really do hope that for you.

Sorry about the long wait. Unfortunately we can't do anything but wait. My I-130 itself took like 14-15 months to approve and now the wait time after DQ ( will complete 2 years of wait in November) . It's a lot emotionally and these decisions to keep moving from one place to another sucks.

Anyways, I truly hope you will get the IL call this time. You're almost there :) All the best. And thanks for your words.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Facing something similar. I think this is a common problem and is especially an issue for those of us who do not have any family in Canada.

I think it is very difficult to predict. It is quite possible with Montreal hiring more COs, the wait times will reduce, so your interview could come as early as April....on the other hand things could continue to get worse exponentially as it is is currently going and your interview wont be until September/ October...

i would recommend a 6 month lease if that would be acceptable to the landlord and going month to month after that.

Thank you. That's exactly what I'm aiming for. A 6 months lease but the rentals go high as well. Just have to accept it :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, alphabetagamma said:

Thank you. That's exactly what I'm aiming for. A 6 months lease but the rentals go high as well. Just have to accept it :)

Honestly, with how uncertain and unreliable this process has become, I think it’s worth looking to find a flexible landlord.  Any big corporate entity will have a sneaky clause regarding adjustment of the terms of the lease or early lease termination. Though it was before the pandemic, I worked with a small-time landlord who was pretty amenable to Small adjustments and more open to personal circumstances. 

They said they are training new staff, but immigration visa staff training can take up to two years and they have been very insistent on the specialty training afforded to IV interview staff, so I wouldn’t expect any increases in staffing or processing, especially as they continue to deprioritize the tier system in favor of equilibrium amongst all IV categories.

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

Hey everyone,

I’ve been afk for mental health reasons, thanks to everyone who reached out. I just wanted to let you all know I wrote to our new Ambassador, Arnold A. Chacón. I don’t know if it will even end up crossing his desk, and it certainly won’t be helpful for our case, but it made me feel better to write it in hopes it might help those of you who are currently DQ 2021. I hope none of you have to wait as long as those of us caught in the COVID-catch up. Even if it doesn’t help you, or if you’re finished your journey, I think it’s worth writing to him about how devastating this process has been in the wake of COVID-19, and what an impact the lack of access to resources, communication, and reliable information from the consulate has had on you.

The mailing address for the embassy can be found on their website and it should be directed to the “Executive Office of the Ambassador of the United States of America”. I’m happy to share a link to the Google doc for people to see what I wrote, but please DM me. I don’t want to post it publicly at this time, but I’m happy to share personally.  

Thank you for doing that and I hope you'll make it soon to US. Really appreciate your gesture. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

Honestly, with how uncertain and unreliable this process has become, I think it’s worth looking to find a flexible landlord.  Any big corporate entity will have a sneaky clause regarding adjustment of the terms of the lease or early lease termination. Though it was before the pandemic, I worked with a small-time landlord who was pretty amenable to Small adjustments and more open to personal circumstances. 

They said they are training new staff, but immigration visa staff training can take up to two years and they have been very insistent on the specialty training afforded to IV interview staff, so I wouldn’t expect any increases in staffing or processing, especially as they continue to deprioritize the tier system in favor of equilibrium amongst all IV categories.

Yes I have two months to figure out a place and will hopefully find something till then. Also looking for lease takeover options. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, annierob said:

The September ILs will likely go out next Friday, August 13 (the ILs for August went out on Friday, July 9 / the ILs for July went out Monday, June 14). 

Maybe Friday the 13th will actually prove lucky!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.