Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

Why?

They batch once a month, with previous exception having been rescheduling canceled interviews.

I saw a week at the end of August with no interview last for anyone in Tier 2 scheduled (immediate relatives or K1). This hadn’t happened in previous months. 

I assume, @Twiz&Toz rightly predicted that that week was used to service tier 3 and 4. 

I am actually Glad Montreal is resuming services for tier 3 and 4, as they have been ignored while IR1/CR1 were processed more than ever before between December 2020 and April 2021 (as much as 3 times more than before). But I was hoping they Montreal would cover more than 100 visas per month, because clearly the number of DQs per month appear to have doubled. 

1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I saw a week at the end of August with no interview last for anyone in Tier 2 scheduled (immediate relatives or K1). This hadn’t happened in previous months. 

I assume, @Twiz&Toz rightly predicted that that week was used to service tier 3 and 4. 

I am actually Glad Montreal is resuming services for tier 3 and 4, as they have been ignored while IR1/CR1 were processed more than ever before between December 2020 and April 2021 (as much as 3 times more than before). But I was hoping they Montreal would cover more than 100 visas per month, because clearly the number of DQs per month appear to have doubled. 

In the job post it said work in a team of 5 so if it’s true they will be hiring 3. From the looks of it they only have 2 ppl doing interviews. This all lines up with the new budget starting at the end of September. Fingers crossed bc we could go from 300/400 interviews to 600 a month. That will clear backlog and help out. Fingers crossed I’m Dq Jan 28 and don’t think I’ll be home for Xmas this year unless some big changes happen. Maybe less ppl got Dq from nov plus 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

In the job post it said work in a team of 5 so if it’s true they will be hiring 3. From the looks of it they only have 2 ppl doing interviews. This all lines up with the new budget starting at the end of September. Fingers crossed bc we could go from 300/400 interviews to 600 a month. That will clear backlog and help out. Fingers crossed I’m Dq Jan 28 and don’t think I’ll be home for Xmas this year unless some big changes happen. Maybe less ppl got Dq from nov plus 

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement and hope 🤗

Timeline
12 hours ago, Fobosdaemios said:

I was still working when I did the ds-260 form, but I quit my job at end of June this year. Should I mentioned this before the interview so that the CO can update the primary job section and change that to unemployment? My interview is in the few days.

Personally, I would. I think I will be in a similar situation when my interview comes around and I plan to update the CO. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Personally, I would. I think I will be in a similar situation when my interview comes around and I plan to update the CO. 

Where would we provide this information? Are we able to update the DS-260?

I was DQ'd April 30th 2021, and also quit my nursing job April 28th 2021. 

Thanks,

Melissa

Timeline
21 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Where would we provide this information? Are we able to update the DS-260?

I was DQ'd April 30th 2021, and also quit my nursing job April 28th 2021. 

Thanks,

Melissa

My understanding is you do not update the DS-260, you simply let the CO know of any changes/ corrections during the interview.

The day after I submitted my DS-260, I realised in horror that I missed including my employment history before 2013 (it needs to cover the past 10 years). I called NVC, and they told me it is not a big deal and to just write it down so I don't forget and let the CO know during the interview. 

In my opinion, the same logic would apply for any changes in situation between submission of DS-260 and the interview. You simply let the CO know. They update the form then and there if necessary. That way they have an up to date record.

Timeline
1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

My understanding is you do not update the DS-260, you simply let the CO know of any changes/ corrections during the interview.

The day after I submitted my DS-260, I realised in horror that I missed including my employment history before 2013 (it needs to cover the past 10 years). I called NVC, and they told me it is not a big deal and to just write it down so I don't forget and let the CO know during the interview. 

In my opinion, the same logic would apply for any changes in situation between submission of DS-260 and the interview. You simply let the CO know. They update the form then and there if necessary. That way they have an up to date record.

Sounds good. I have just to update them of my wife's name change (to my last name) and my employment status. 

If I (beneficiary) or my wife (the petitioner) have any financial changes (e.g. more money saved, change in salary,etc) - can we simply update them of that at the interview as well? Or do we need to submit an new I-864 Affidavit of Support?

2 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

What is CO stands for ? You mean the interviewing officer.  

29 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Would I have to fly back to Canada for the Montreal interview...

The CR-1 interview would still be in Montreal. TN status is a nonimmigrant status. As a Canadian citizen you can apply for TN status at any POE, but there are certain recommended POEs. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/canadian-and-mexican-citizens/traveling-tn-or-l1-visa-canada

I am a first time TN applicant – am I required to go to a designated port of entry?

No, you may continue to go to any port of entry along the Canadian border for processing; however, we encourage you to go to one of the designated ports of entry where you will receive optimized processing.

List of designated POE:

Michigan

Detroit Canada Tunnel POE
150 E. Jefferson
Detroit, MI 48226
Detroit Ambassador Bridge POE
3033 Porter Street
Detroit, MI 48216
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday

Montana

Sweetgrass POE
39825 Interstate 15
Sweetgrass, MT 59484
Hours of Operation: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday

New York

Alexandria Bay POE
46735 Interstate 81
Alexandria Bay, NY 13607
Champlain POE
232 West Service Road
Champlain, NY 12919
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
Peace Bridge POE
One Peace Bridge Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14213
Appointments: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Lewiston Bridge POE
One Lewiston Bridge Plaza
Lewiston, NY 14092
Rainbow Bridge POE
One Rainbow Bridge
Niagara Falls, NY 14330

Vermont

Highgate Springs POE
Interstate 89 at the Border
Highgate Springs, VT 05460
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday
Derby Line POE
Interstate 91
Derby Line, VT 05830
Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Tuesday - Thursday

Washington

Blaine Peace Arch POE
123 Second Street
Blaine, WA 98230
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Tuesday - Thursday

Canada

Calgary International Airport
P.O. Box 155
2000 Airport Road, NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E6W5
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Daily
Lester B. Pearson International Airport
P.O. Box 115
Toronto AMF
Toronto, Ontario L5P 1A2
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Daily
Trudeau International Airport
975 Romeo Vachon Boulevard, North
Room TT 2.400
Dorval, Quebec H4Y1H1
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Daily
Vancouver International Airport
International Terminal - Level 3
3161 Grant McConachie Way
Richmond, British Columbia V7B0A4
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Daily

Edited by HRQX

5 minutes ago, Melody1920 said:

I.e. is this a multiple entry visa?

It's used once as an Immigrant Visa but upon CBP endorsement it becomes a I-551 document for 1 year. The blue stamp is the "CBP endorsement" https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/temporary-i-551-stamps-and-mrivs

00DAE6A5-8A3C-478B-93A2-DC89C173F153.jpeg

Thus they can leave the US right after their first entry with the IR-5 visa.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

When are the appointments expected for this month?

Montreal usually issues ILs around the second week of the month. So maybe August 13/ August 16?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.