Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, HRQX said:

The correct answer is "NO."

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/do-i-need-a-visa/ "In most circumstances, Canadian citizens do not require visitor, business, transit or other visas to enter the United States, either from Canada or from other countries."

Thanks! Also I quit my job at the end of June this years. Should I also notify the CO so he can update the Present Occupation part in the Work/Education/Training section?

Edited by Fobosdaemios

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Magnolian said:

Hi I live in Vancouver. My interview was on July 19, and my visa status was changed into 'issued' on July 21. I received the email saying my visa being sent on July 23. Picked it up yesterday. Hope this helps!

No hahahaha ! Because the one living in the deep of B.C got it before you living in Vancouver ! That is random haha ! Good luck on your move !

4 minutes ago, G_K said:

are we paying it using the CEAC website ?

No; it's paid through USCIS.gov https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee/

5 minutes ago, G_K said:

I think we need to wait for our Alien number which should be in the Visa Stamp...

It can be paid before receiving the visa if you were given "immigrant data summary" or the USCIS Immigrant Fee handout. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-on-finding-your-a-number-and-dos-case-id

Timeline

So nice that things are moving along. I did my medical last week Thursday with the Doctor in Toronto, and on Tuesday I got an email from them that the results were emailed to the consulate. It was fast an easy, they asked for everything over email in advance. I don’t think much about the interview just all the stuff I have to organize to keep me busy. 

Timeline

Do we have exactly 6 months from the date of the medical exam to cross the border once the visa in hand? Unfortunately we will have to change our shot terms plans because my wife (the USC, currently working in Canada) was not able to get transferred to the US branch😓

Edited by T&S_MTL

5 minutes ago, T&S_MTL said:

Do we have exactly 6 months from the date of the medical exam to cross the border once the visa in hand?

That usually is the case. https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/tuberculosis.html "Travel clearance is valid for 6 months from the time the evaluation is complete."

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mikeeastern said:

The A number is on the I-130 approval notice. 

On the right top of the page where it says the immigrants name. Right above it or below it. 

This is not correct. That A number below the immigrants name is the Petitioner's A#.  

@G_K Please read the FAQ "VISA IN HAND"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/edit

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
7 hours ago, Waynester925 said:

Do you need to wait until the visa comes to pay the immigration fee? I was trying to be proactive but I couldnt find the information to plug in lol.

Theres a number on the actual visa you need as well as the MTL case number :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HRQX said:

The one in "Beneficiary" box is the immigrant's Alien number.

Form+I-797C,+Notice+of+Action.+I-130+App

I'm not sure, but if the case is being processed inside US I believe the I-797C will show the A-number for the Beneficiary or USCIS will assign A# to the beneficiary. In my case for my petition for my wife(online filing), I checked the approval notice and it doesn't have A-number on top of the Beneficiary's name.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

7 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

I'm not sure, but if the case is being processed inside US I believe the I-797C will show the A-number for the Beneficiary or USCIS will assign A# to the beneficiary.

The Approval notice I shared was for consular processing. "As the petitioner requests, we have sent the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)" "The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate."

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HRQX said:

The Approval notice I shared was for consular processing. "As the petitioner requests, we have sent the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)" "The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate."

Okay thank you. But I'm not sure, may be those I-797C approval letter back in 2018 provide A#. I don't know with other folks here if they have same kind of I-797C for those who filed online. As I've said as for me, there's no A#. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.