Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, jbarr627 said:

I'm sorry! It was 12/3/20 - just got too excited while typing!

No problem, I just got momentarily overly excited about the speed at which they were processing.  Congratulations on being able to go home. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

got a passport update, @yyctous?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

got a passport update, @yyctous?

I do! On Friday afternoon (exactly 96 hours after my CEAC status was changed to “issued final processing”), a shipping label was created and I received my tracking information. 

Unfortunately, I had booked a flight for ten days after my interview (this wednesday) but the tracking info said it wouldn’t arrive until Wednesday or Thursday. I cancelled my flight, and got one for this Saturday at a higher cost. Now, my passport has arrived in the city I live in (two-three days earlier than it said it would), but that I am unable to pick it up until tomorrow. 

With all that said, I should hopefully be picking it up tomorrow and crossing the border on Saturday! 

Just to keep everyone updated. Sorry for the delay.

Had the interview on October 1. Was placed on administrative processing. Long time spend at the embassy 3 hours and 45 min total time. 

CEAC website was refused under administrative processing on late Friday. Today was issued under administrative processing. 

Reason an old student visa more than 10 years ago, not cleared before. No one asks for Covid vaccine. They asked only for the beneficiary documents originals, not the petitioner.  Will keep you posted how long is gonna take to get to final processing. But for FAQ, old non immigrant visa does affect the immigrant visa.

Husband had interview today and was told it was approved. They gave him form that explained how to track passport and visa. I have 2 questions if anyone can help:  1. Officer said it can take 4 weeks to receive visa, however others here have reported receiving it within a week. Does anyone else have experience with this? Also how long does it take to see your status changed to approved on CEAC? Thks and congrats to all who were approved today!

13 hours ago, JudyB said:

Husband had interview today and was told it was approved. They gave him form that explained how to track passport and visa. I have 2 questions if anyone can help:  1. Officer said it can take 4 weeks to receive visa, however others here have reported receiving it within a week. Does anyone else have experience with this? Also how long does it take to see your status changed to approved on CEAC? Thks and congrats to all who were approved today!

Hey All,  Just want to provide an update...We have an answer for question #2 above...Husband had interview yesterday and now this morning we got this on CEAC!!! ISSUED!!!!

capture.png

Timeline

My interview fast approaches on Oct 25. People who have already gone through it, is it ok if I bring a plastic file folder with my documents into the consulate? What have you all used for carrying your documents into the consulate?

Timeline
On 10/2/2021 at 1:32 PM, LomLomLom said:

Did you have the tracking number for your passport yet? Just curious! 

Yes, you can bring a binder, 

Oh I didn't see this post, i asked elsewhere: is a plastic file folder ok to bring in?

Timeline
2 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Oh I didn't see this post, i asked elsewhere: is a plastic file folder ok to bring in?

Yes. I had a zip flex folder because there were 3 of us, so lots of documents! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
On 10/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, Steve & Gloria said:

No, in our case the officer wanted to see applicant birth certificate and marriage docs. The only thing he asked for related to the petitioner was the I-864.

In the excitement of being approved, I made a mistake re: the petitioner birth certificate. In fact the officer DID ask to see it -- Gloria does not recall if he asked specifically for the original, but she had both the original and a copy with her. Sorry if this post misled anyone! 

Also, she carried in a binder for all of the paperwork -- others had plastic folders of various kinds.

Edited by Steve & Gloria

Timeline

Hi, sorry for the late update on my husband's interview (9/27).

My husband was not approved at his interview, though they did keep his passport. They didn't tell him he was refused either, but he was given a refusal worksheet with Section 221(g) selected as the reason. They told him he would be emailed a request for some additional information. The email they sent mostly asked for things that were already included on his initial petition application, but 2 items were new. They asked for the names and DOBs of his siblings and also a longer travel history (15 years instead of 5 years required on the initial petition application).We're not sure why they wanted this additional information. Based on what he told me about the interview, it might have been because he misheard a question (they asked whether he'd ever lived in any country other than Canada, and he thought they were asking about travel history so he responded affirmatively). Even though the confusion was cleared up during the interview, they still gave him this refusal worksheet and follow-up questionnaire. The travel history question required us to detail the dates, cities traveled, and source of funds for each trip he had taken in the last 15 years outside of Canada. It required a lot of legwork (thankfully, he never deleted any of his itineraries from his email), but we were able to complete the information and submit it the same day but have not heard back since.

When I check the visa status it says refused, but we're hoping the fact that they kept his passport is a good sign. They acknowledged receipt via email but did not give any indication of how long it would take to review the additional information or when we could expect a decision. Even during his interview, the immigration officer would not give even a rough estimate of how long it could take. He simply said "there's no way to possibly know". It's a little nerve-wracking because in many other accounts, people were still assured that they would eventually be approved if the additional information was provided or at least given some timeframe. Anyway, just trying not to get too down about it and are patiently waiting. Again. Congrats to everyone else who had better luck!

image.thumb.png.bb37252d1dcf3551c83ef16f55d24c39.png 

Timeline

~~Hijack post removed. Please start your own thread for questions on your own case.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.