Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, rainbow-skies said:

So any idea what one would do if their medical exam results were already sent to Consulate and Dr Zatzman didnt put COVID vaccine?...he told me at the time it wasnt necessary 😅

Just bring proof of vaccination with you to the interview! 

1 hour ago, MTLSINGHZ said:

For the medical does they have changed the location in montreal I’m trying to get in touch to book an medical appointment  been on hold 1 hour and no one answers just the voicemail anyone with the same issue ?? 

Montréal Maisonneuve
600, Blvd Maisonneuve Ouest
22e Étage
Montreal, QC 
H3A 3J2
1-514-845-1211

did you try this number? I was also on hold for a long time- letter day means you’re competing with everyone!

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Timeline
1 hour ago, TEXbound said:

Somewhere I saw suggestions on where to stay in Montreal, but now I cannot find it. Where are some affordable places to stay?? 

I've browsed and am likely going to go to Best Western as it is close and not too expensive like $80-100 per night on average.  

Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa

Timeline
4 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

Just bring proof of vaccination with you to the interview! 

Montréal Maisonneuve
600, Blvd Maisonneuve Ouest
22e Étage
Montreal, QC 
H3A 3J2
1-514-845-1211

did you try this number? I was also on hold for a long time- letter day means you’re competing with everyone!

Yes that’s the correct adress one that you wrote , on the travel.gov it’s the same old one they didn’t updated it so anyways thanks and yes i think i won competing booked the appointment 😝😝

Timeline
1 hour ago, TEXbound said:

Somewhere I saw suggestions on where to stay in Montreal, but now I cannot find it. Where are some affordable places to stay?? 

Like @rainbow-skies mentioned we stayed at Best Western - Hotel Europa. It wasn't fancy, but it was affordable and just 2 blocks away from the consulate. The bus from the airport (line 747) also had a stop a block away from the hotel so it was easy to get there.

Timeline

How far in advance is everyone doing their medical? I’ve booked for October 1st and my interview is October 15th. Will that allow enough time? 

Timeline

is the police cert good for two years?

also as long as we do the medical exam before the interview, is that sufficient? i assume i wont get approved right away if they dont have the medical but will they allow me to take the interview before receiving medical?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

26 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

I tried looking at the historical data - I see last year they only scheduled 5/6 interviews in November, is this normal for that month because of the Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving holidays? I'm praying not. We are DQ Feb 19th and I'd love an interview by December! 

Nov 2020 was a weird month, I believe that's was when they barely started to reschedule interviews after their shut down. I checked/compared Oct/Nov/Dec 2019 stats, and seems like all months had around the same number of interviews scheduled. We should expect the same trend this year, especially with how they're speeding up! I hope we'll both get our IL next month 😁

Edited by Danii

Timeline
27 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

is the police cert good for two years?

also as long as we do the medical exam before the interview, is that sufficient? i assume i wont get approved right away if they dont have the medical but will they allow me to take the interview before receiving medical?

Yes, the police certificates are valid for 2 years.

Yes, at your interview, should the medicals not arrive at MTL, you would still be allowed to interview, but decision for approval would be pending receipt of the medicals.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Yes, the police certificates are valid for 2 years.

Yes, at your interview, should the medicals not arrive at MTL, you would still be allowed to interview, but decision for approval would be pending receipt of the medicals.

thank you! this is very helpful as i didnt want to reschedule the october 4 interview due to medical and police certificate issue.

appreciate your response!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline

Anyone noticed, they got through 2 weeks of November DQs in 1 day of interview. 

If this continues, number of DQs per week remains similar to the last two weeks of November, and MTL maintains five days of interviews per month, MTL will cover 10 weeks of DQ per month of interviews. 

Translation:

Month of November '21- Interviews for DQs from second/ third week of Dec '20 to second/ third week of  Feb '21

Month of December '21 - Interviews for DQs from second/third week of Feb '21 to fourth/ fifth week of Apr '21

So exciting!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.