Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Davidjgrey said:

Long time follower of this thread, first time writing. Just wanted to say the thread has been invaluable as we have gone through this long stressful process and hope that writing about our experience will be helpful to others. 

My wife has been on a TN work visa at the same time, so if anyone has any questions about that, feel free to ask us as we had to renew that visa by mail with expedited processing inter filing,  as the COVID delays at the embassy ended up pushing our interview date two months past the original visa’s expiration.

In BC the medical asks you to plan for 5-7 business days rather than 3 business days for the report to be emailed to the embassy. That update is included in an email attachment; the website is still outdated. My report was sent the Monday after the Wednesday medical, but sometimes the lab results can apparently take longer or need to be redone (about once a year). The appointment was 8:30, the labs only a few minutes’ drive away kitty corner to each other, and she was done within 2 hours. She spent more time getting immunizations up to date in the weeks beforehand.

The actual interview was on Monday, 8/23 at 8:45am. We stayed at the Best Western Europa on Drummond, which is a quick walk around the block to the embassy (good price and location, not fancy but clean.) When we arrived, there was already along line of people waiting outside. As we found out, this was not a line to get in the building. The security guy does come out to call out the 15 minute intervals, but it can be hard to hear if you are far down the line. After waiting til 8:50, my wife walked in. The embassy is on your immediate left when you enter the building. Going straight through the second set of doors and you’ll end up in a bank. 

Security is on the first floor then elevator to the second. You give your passport at the window you’re told and take a number. The first time you are called up is for documents. She was asked for birth certificate and photocopy (which at the NVC stage we marked unavailable since they rejected the older version of the Chinese notarial birth certificate she had), marriage certificate, 2020 tax return, and both of our W-2s. Then a wait where you can hear others’ interviews - on the same day, a lady in a flower dress was cheering a bit after her interview - so if you are on this thread, holler! My wife got the same officer, who asked how we met, what we each do for work, longest stay in the US, and travel to any other countries. Then the officer said “I plan to approve your visa”(!), and gave a welcome letter and a paper with the tracking for the passport, though the email notifications come automatically too. A bit of a heart stopping moment since the officer also said it might take 3-4 weeks to print the visa and return the passport by courier. She asked if that was longer than usual, and he did admit that it usually is faster but he can’t say anything else. It ended up arriving a week later.

Thank you all and best of luck to everyone else wherever you are in the process! 

Thanks for sharing the experience with us. What happened to the birth certificate since you marked it not available. What was the alternative you provided?

Timeline

Just wanted to chime in and say I received the police clearance in record time I feel like! I had my prints done at Commissionaire's on August 20th and received the clearance yesterday. Super pleased since I was worried I was cutting everything close.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Purrikitty said:

Just wanted to chime in and say I received the police clearance in record time I feel like! I had my prints done at Commissionaire's on August 20th and received the clearance yesterday. Super pleased since I was worried I was cutting everything close.

That is indeed VERY fast! It took 3-4 wks for most of us. Some even a a month and a half.

Glad you have everything ready for your interview.

Hi all just wanted to post I made it to the USA with my husband no issues. Went via Yyz now waiting for the funeral then flying back home. Airport was empty for check in. 0 wait and I got there 3 hrs before my flight. Now waiting for IL would be awesome if I by some magic my husband and I get our Il before I flew home lol. 

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, what is the time waiting for the green card and SSN, if you have crossed the border with your VISA in the past 3 weeks can you let me know if you got anything ? Still waiting after 3 weeks. Do I need both green card and SSN to work ? Thank you guys in advance. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

Hello everyone, what is the time waiting for the green card and SSN, if you have crossed the border with your VISA in the past 3 weeks can you let me know if you got anything ? Still waiting after 3 weeks. Do I need both green card and SSN to work ? Thank you guys in advance. 

please review the FAQ

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
7 hours ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

My ssn was in the mailbox 8 days after I crossed. Greencard is still in la la land

Timeline
On 8/28/2021 at 8:56 AM, Leah123 said:

I crossed May 4th and just got notice that they mailed it on Thursday.

Congrats! And thank you, that makes me feel a bit better. Did you contact USCIS after the 90 day mark or just continue to wait? 

Timeline

Hi Guys, 

Question about Police Clearance - I have summitted my documents late last year and got DQ'd on Jan 16 2021.  

My Canadian and Indian police clearance cert would expires in Nov based on 1 year validity rule.

Now I read that its valid for 2 years!! is that accurate info? Has anyone been to interview with over 1 year of PPC? Indian PPC takes about 4-6 weeks to come and now added delay due to covid. I would like to make sure that I apply for a new PPC so I don't get delayed once I get my interview call. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, harshshah said:

Hi Guys, 

Question about Police Clearance - I have summitted my documents late last year and got DQ'd on Jan 16 2021.  

My Canadian and Indian police clearance cert would expires in Nov based on 1 year validity rule.

Now I read that its valid for 2 years!! is that accurate info? Has anyone been to interview with over 1 year of PPC? Indian PPC takes about 4-6 weeks to come and now added delay due to covid. I would like to make sure that I apply for a new PPC so I don't get delayed once I get my interview call. 

If you have not travelled back to your birth country (India) you don't need to get a new Indian PPC even it already passed 1 yr since been issued. For RCMP PPC, if you have patience to read back post from our folks specifically our friend@Riversong who have her old RCMP PPC and also got new one, but on the day of interview she was only asked to submit the old and it is ok. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

If you have not travelled back to your birth country (India) you don't need to get a new Indian PPC even it already passed 1 yr since been issued. For RCMP PPC, if you have patience to read back post from our folks specifically our friend@Riversong who have her old RCMP PPC and also got new one, but on the day of interview she was only asked to submit the old and it is ok. 

If the police clearance is now good for two years, does anyone know for certain that it "expires" if you return to the issuing country within the two years? I am in a similar boat - currently living in the US, and my police clearance expires in Nov. DQ'd Dec. 3, 2020, so really on the edge for the one year expiry. I assumed that the 2-year has the same "rules" as the 1-year that you don't need to get another one even if living out of country and traveling back to issuing country in the meantime.  Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere!

Timeline
5 hours ago, HD_BIRDS said:

If the police clearance is now good for two years, does anyone know for certain that it "expires" if you return to the issuing country within the two years? I am in a similar boat - currently living in the US, and my police clearance expires in Nov. DQ'd Dec. 3, 2020, so really on the edge for the one year expiry. I assumed that the 2-year has the same "rules" as the 1-year that you don't need to get another one even if living out of country and traveling back to issuing country in the meantime.  Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere!

How are you "living" in the US? On a TN visa?

Timeline
1 minute ago, darth vader said:

Hi guys - has the trend for time taken from DQ to interview for Montreal for IR1/CR1 cases got better or worse recently (say in last four months)?

Worse. Check out the spreadsheet for more details...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.