Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Considering COVID 19 vaccine has been added to the list of vaccinations for US immigration, I am wondering if the US will accept my cocktail of Pfizer and moderna that Canada gave me and many others.

Reading the official requirements (see below) I didn’t find anything to address this.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/covid-19-technical-instructions.html

Anyone here have any info?

Don't have any additional info, but I think it'll be okay for two reasons. Both of those vaccines have emergency FDA approval and mixing was allowed/encouraged by our government

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi beautiful people, I am new here. Will be following this thread closely from here on now.

I just submitted all the documents to NVC today. What is the realistic timeline I should be looking at for DQ and an interview at Montreal?

8 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

Hi beautiful people, I am new here. Will be following this thread closely from here on now.

I just submitted all the documents to NVC today. What is the realistic timeline I should be looking at for DQ and an interview at Montreal?

My documents got approved in like two weeks at NVC . Someone mention it’s taking longer than before, when it comes to Interview the Montreal consulate I will say close to 1 year , will be a realistic wait time with the current situation 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, goddy said:

My documents got approved in like two weeks at NVC . Someone mention it’s taking longer than before, when it comes to Interview the Montreal consulate I will say close to 1 year , will be a realistic wait time with the current situation 

omg that's insane

Timeline
9 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

You may check this link of DOS under "Current Case Review Time" - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

There are some lucky applicants who were approved in just 3 - 4 weeks regardless of what was shown on the NVC timeframes. There are some, just like me, which my submittal date passed that week of NVC had reported they are reviewing documents for that submittal date. I called USCIS and talked to Tier 2 and as what shown in their system, there was a system glitch that make my submittal date of my documents changed to June 8, 5 days later than my true submittal date. With the change of my submittal date, my documents were DQ'd 2 weeks later than what is expected to be.

For our Interview at Montreal, it is hard to say the waiting time. There is no pattern on how many IL will be sent out per month. Worst case scenario is that if Montreal will not send IL on the upcoming month, just like what happened last May were no one of our folks here received IL for June. Hope this won't happen again. 

If you have not seen yet the spreadsheet, here is the link   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754  

For the FAQ you may check it here for your reference:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/edit

It is best for us if you could please update and fill up your Timeline. Your cooperation is highly appreciated

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=400063

Edited by ME_RHEDZ77

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

You may check this link of DOS under "Current Case Review Time" - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

There are some lucky applicants who were approved in just 3 - 4 weeks regardless of what was shown on the NVC timeframes. There are some, just like me, which my submittal date passed that week of NVC had reported they are reviewing documents for that submittal date. I called USCIS and talked to Tier 2 and as what shown in their system, there was a system glitch that make my submittal date of my documents changed to June 8, 5 days later than my true submittal date. With the change of my submittal date, my documents were DQ'd 2 weeks later than what is expected to be.

For our Interview at Montreal, it is hard to say the waiting time. There is no pattern on how many IL will be sent out per month. Worst case scenario is that if Montreal will not send IL on the upcoming month, just like what happened last May were no one of our folks here received IL for June. Hope this won't happen again. 

If you have not seen yet the spreadsheet, here is the link   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754  

For the FAQ you may check it here for your reference:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/edit

It is best for us if you could please update and fill up your Timeline. Your cooperation is highly appreciated

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=400063

great info, i will fill out the timeline

Timeline

Does anyone advise against doing the medical exam prior to receiving the IL/interview date? 

As I have stated a few posts ago, my case got expedited and is now at Montreal Embassy. We are solely awaiting an interview date.

Dr Ian Zatzman's office says he can do the medical without IL/date...and all he needs is the MTL number. I wanted to go ahead and get this done.

Thanks

Mel

5 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Does anyone advise against doing the medical exam prior to receiving the IL/interview date? 

As I have stated a few posts ago, my case got expedited and is now at Montreal Embassy. We are solely awaiting an interview date.

Dr Ian Zatzman's office says he can do the medical without IL/date...and all he needs is the MTL number. I wanted to go ahead and get this done.

Thanks

Mel

I didn't know this was an option 🤔 curious to hear what others have to say as well

Timeline
Just now, Danii said:

I didn't know this was an option 🤔 curious to hear what others have to say as well

I feel like it is only Zatzman. I asked Mascarenhas and they stated they do indeed need the IL with the date.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Thanks

Mel

Hi Mel,  I just want to share with you my parents experience though it was processed in Philippines back in 2003. My dad and his brother priority date for their F4 petitions by their sister became current for Immigrant process back in 2002. My uncle and dad received their documents for choice of agent and biographic information at the same time. But since my dad was working in Saudi at that time, the NVC mistakenly sent the IL and Medical exam request letter to Saudi address w/c is a PO box instead to our home address in Philippines. My dad was bothered because his brother already received his IL and Medical Exam request letter. It was good thing my Dad was scheduled for vacation in Philippines in Feb '03 and he thought of calling St. Lukes hospital and he mentioned the situation. The Physician/secretary just said to bring the letter that his immigrant visa is on process and showing the case number "MNL". My Dad with my mom and sister went and were allowed to have their medical exam.

The next day my dad walked-in at US Emb. and lined up. The guy there arrange people who have their schedule of interview day before to first on line, then applicants who have interview on that day. My dad asked about his situation and said the NVC mentioned on the letter that if derivative will be turning 21 in 30 days, notify the Embassy so they will get expedited, which is the case for my sister. Good thing my dad was well organize and prepared on all documents, they were given a chance for interview on that day and got their Visa approved. 

So I believe with Dr. Zatzman's office being able to do the medical by just having the MTL number and they may have access to a site where it will appear the applicant's schedule of interview. Hope my sharing gives help

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
On 8/28/2021 at 7:05 PM, rainbow-skies said:

Thanks! 

I contacted Dr Mascarenhas and they did say they need an IL, however they claimed they will accomodate me even on short notice which is awesome.

Does the IL get sent to our emails or in physical mail?

Mel, sorry if this has been answered by others and for taking time for me to respond for I tried to find on each page from page 1 lol. In what I have seen to all previous post, it is sent by email. Our friend @Minnesota have same experience of getting case expedited due to medical issue. She even had her Medical done with Dr. Zatsman prior to receiving the IL see link below

Edited by ME_RHEDZ77

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Mel, sorry if this has been answered by others and for taking time for me to respond for I tried to find on each page from page 1 lol. In what I have seen to all previous post, it is sent by email. Our friend @Minnesota have same experience of getting case expedited due to medical issue. She even had her Medical done with Dr. Zatsman prior to receiving the IL see link below

That is awesome! Minnesota has also notified me of that. It is great. Zatzman approved my appointment request for this upcoming Thursday! I will give an review on how it goes. Thanks everyone😁

Mel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.