midwinterrose

US plans to require COVID-19 shots for foreign travelers

169 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LIBrty4all said:

His spouse is from the Philippines, so of course he is aware of the immunization requirements, since they complied with them at the time of her immigration.

What he is saying is that he doesn't think immigrants should be forced to get vaccines against their own will, the same as any USC.

They aren't forced. If they don't want them they don't have to come here. If you don't want to go to school don't take them. If you don't want them don't join the military. 

Vaccines have saved millions of lives and eradicated many terrible diseases from the planet. 

Yes let's bring back small pox.  I know my rights.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

They aren't forced. If they don't want them they don't have to come here. If you don't want to go to school don't take them. If you don't want them don't join the military. 

Vaccines have saved millions of lives and eradicated many terrible diseases from the planet. 

Yes let's bring back small pox.  I know my rights.

So much hyperbole there.  It seems you swung so far into the left ditch that your tires aren't even touching the shoulder anymore.

I'll call AAA for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

If you're prohibited from living your life freely if you don't do what the authoritarians (of government or business or the military) say, then they're forced.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
18 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

If you're prohibited from living your life freely if you don't do what the authoritarians (of government or business or the military) say, then they're forced.

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

You don't need to do anything. If you object to the wearing a mask, stay out of my place if business, work from home, stay off of my airline flight and out of our classrooms. Who forced you to leave your home? 

Here is an idea...if you refuse the vaccine and have no moral /medical exemption we will pay folks to move to an Island. Molokai might be a nice tropical location for the unvaccinated. 

2 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Here is an idea...if you refuse the vaccine and have no moral /medical exemption we will pay folks to move to an Island. Molokai might be a nice tropical location for the unvaccinated. 

Hey, that's not nice to the former lepers there. Lepers need love too (at a respectable social distance). ❤️ 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Hey, that's not nice to the former lepers there. Lepers need love too (at a respectable social distance). ❤️ 

Hopefully you realize that A) The lepers STILL live in the colony, and B) Kaluapapa is where the lepers live.

Edited by LIBrty4all

Timeline
2 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

You don't need to do anything. If you object to the wearing a mask, stay out of my place if business, work from home, stay off of my airline flight and out of our classrooms. Who forced you to leave your home? 

As someone famous recently said.... "If you're prohibited from living your life freely if you don't do what the authoritarians (of government or business or the military) say, then they're forced."

Perhaps YOU like being told what to do, and don't mind giving up your freedoms for no good reason.  But not all of us feel that way.

9 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

How about the people who are paranoid about a virus with a 99.9% survival rate go hide out on an island or live in a bubble or whatever makes you feel safe and allow the rest of us to carry on with our lives?

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
56 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

How about the people who are paranoid about a virus with a 99.9% survival rate go hide out on an island or live in a bubble or whatever makes you feel safe and allow the rest of us to carry on with our lives?

So now we are down to the crux of the issue:

1. Do you agree the virus is what medical experts agree upon: A highly contagious virus transmitted by particles and droplets that infected people exhale?

Yes or No?

2 Do you.agree that this is a virus with high fatality (an apparent 1to 4 % case fatality rate? 

Yes or No?

If you  don't agree on the two points above, there is not much point in discussing masks, social distancing or vaccines but;

3. Do you think the vaccine has a lot of side effects or risks?

Yes or No or Maybe (we don't know yet)?

Edited by Crtcl Rice Theory

On 8/6/2021 at 3:44 PM, LIBrty4all said:

No, I because I posted what I did before you changed what you were saying.  I was proving what I said earlier... hospitals and military.  Those are typically the ones forced to get a flu vaccine.  I was asking Yuna for OTHER employers who insist on forced flu vaccines, and you jumped in.

So now I will ask you... what other employers, outside of health care (and not very many of those) and the military, require flu vaccines?

In fact, only 18 states have a 

https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/menu-shfluvacclaws.pdf

And if you care to read the document, you'll find that most of those 18 states simply have a reporting requirement, such as CA:

and NY:

And your favorite, IL:

I'll let you read the rest of them.  You'll find that the flu vaccine is still by and large... voluntary.  AS IT SHOULD BE   This is America, the land of the FREE.

Covid vaccine mandates sweep across corporate America as delta variant spurs action

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/09/covid-vaccine-mandates-sweep-across-corporate-america-as-delta-surges.html

Timeline
3 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

So now we are down to the crux of the issue:

1. Do you agree the virus is what medical experts agree upon: A highly contagious virus transmitted by particles and droplets that infected people exhale?

Yes or No?

2 Do you.agree that this is a virus with high fatality (an apparent 1to 4 % case fatality rate? 

Yes or No?

If you  don't agree on the two points above, there is not much point in discussing masks, social distancing or vaccines but;

3. Do you think the vaccine has a lot of side effects or risks?

Yes or No or Maybe (we don't know yet)?

Love how if someone doesn't agree with your postulations, then there is no point in further discussion.  But I'll play along.

1) Yes

2) No (try 1.7% using your preferred method.  Or 0.190% using the less scary numbers)

3) Too early to tell

47 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Love how if someone doesn't agree with your postulations, then there is no point in further discussion.  But I'll play along.

1) Yes

2) No (try 1.7% using your preferred method.  Or 0.190% using the less scary numbers)

3) Too early to tell

Agree 100%.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, LIBrty4all said:

1) Yes

3) Too early to tell

Okay so because you are agreeing with number one, why do you continue to talk about the virus passing through masks when the obvious target "particles and droplets that infected people exhale" is what we are filtering on?   

Timeline
3 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Okay so because you are agreeing with number one, why do you continue to talk about the virus passing through masks when the obvious target "particles and droplets that infected people exhale" is what we are filtering on?   

So you are saying that the mask you wear, which is for MY benefit, stops all droplets?  And that is why you believe in them with what borders on religious fanatacism?

Don't you think that SOME of your droplets escape AROUND the mask?  Haven't you worn your mask outside in the cold?