Joe Kano

Shipping cost of Honda XRM125 - Davao City to Legazpi

19 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Ride it?

That why I am shipping up to my wives family, it just too darn little for long trips. Remember the average man in Philippines is about 5'2" and probably 140 lbs.  I am a giant compared to them.  You go on long rides and my rear end starts to fall asleep, I can only ride about 1.5 hours with it wide open before it needs gas, top speed is like close to 50 mph, and ride isn't the smoothest.

Plus it about 24 hours by land and ferry to get there, which is no way in the world  I would attempt a ride that long on that bike. 

I think I can get it shipped for $300 USD, but if it silly stupid price which I don't think it will be I will just sell it.  I bought it back in 2011 and it has been a great thing since I don't fit into most of the transportation vehicles they have in the Philippines, I am 6' 3" and 240lb, I look like an octupus in the back of a trike and can only accommodate me (If it was Filipino they can easy sit 3 or 4), Jeepeny I look like I am coming out of the birth canal trying to exit them.

I am upgrading rides and getting something larger, faster and much smoother with more built in storage and much bigger gas tank, it will be a Yamaha XMAX.  

45 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

That why I am shipping up to my wives family, it just too darn little for long trips. Remember the average man in Philippines is about 5'2" and probably 140 lbs.  I am a giant compared to them.  You go on long rides and my rear end starts to fall asleep, I can only ride about 1.5 hours with it wide open before it needs gas, top speed is like close to 50 mph, and ride isn't the smoothest.

Plus it about 24 hours by land and ferry to get there, which is no way in the world  I would attempt a ride that long on that bike. 

I think I can get it shipped for $300 USD, but if it silly stupid price which I don't think it will be I will just sell it.  I bought it back in 2011 and it has been a great thing since I don't fit into most of the transportation vehicles they have in the Philippines, I am 6' 3" and 240lb, I look like an octupus in the back of a trike and can only accommodate me (If it was Filipino they can easy sit 3 or 4), Jeepeny I look like I am coming out of the birth canal trying to exit them.

I am upgrading rides and getting something larger, faster and much smoother with more built in storage and much bigger gas tank, it will be a Yamaha XMAX.  

Are your wives sisters?  (sorry, couldn't help myself.)

I know what you mean about Jeepney's.  At 6'3" 210 lbs., me getting out of a Jeepney is like an uncontrolled stumble hoping I don't crash into something that will kill me.  I need about 25 ft. of clearance out the back.

Btw, if I remember your post elsewhere on this site correctly, good luck on Saturday.  I still find it weird that there are interviews on Saturday. 

Finally done.

7 minutes ago, Talako said:

I know what you mean about Jeepney's.  At 6'3" 210 lbs., me getting out of a Jeepney is like an uncontrolled stumble hoping I don't crash into something that will kill me.  I need about 25 ft. of clearance out the back.

Btw, if I remember your post elsewhere on this site correctly, good luck on Saturday.  I still find it weird that there are interviews on Saturday. 

Yep this Saturday is her interview, I text my buddy who lives in Irving and he said he thought only the Post Offce was the only government entity that worked on Saturday.   I suspect it the COVID backlog from shutting down in the past.

I am trying to figure out how now to stall the oath ceremony since I booked a couple Cancun trips in September and October a few months ago, I hope we don't get screwed out of them.  But oh well I will deal with that on Saturday

I wish I had sister wives 😈

Just now, Joe Kano said:

Yep this Saturday is her interview, I text my buddy who lives in Irving and he said he thought only the Post Offce was the only government entity that worked on Saturday.   I suspect it the COVID backlog from shutting down in the past.

I am trying to figure out how now to stall the oath ceremony since I booked a couple Cancun trips in September and October a few months ago, I hope we don't get screwed out of them.  But oh well I will deal with that on Saturday

I wish I had sister wives 😈

San Antonio has same day oaths.  If Dallas does, that would jack you up.  It took my wife 6.5 weeks to get her expedited passport.   

Finally done.

53 minutes ago, Talako said:

San Antonio has same day oaths.  If Dallas does, that would jack you up.  It took my wife 6.5 weeks to get her expedited passport.   

Yep, it would be a major killjoy. I am going to have her take her travel itinerary and hope we can stall and pray they don't have same day oath.   Trying to get a expedited passport just seems like a major pain.   

5 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Yep, it would be a major killjoy. I am going to have her take her travel itinerary and hope we can stall and pray they don't have same day oath.   Trying to get a expedited passport just seems like a major pain.   

You're not far from a Passport Agency there in Dallas.  She would have to go to their office 72 hours before the day of the flight, and you can only schedule that appointment within two weeks of that day.

Too much stress to deal with.

Finally done.

1 hour ago, Talako said:

Heard they are twins.  👍

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

8 minutes ago, Talako said:

You're not far from a Passport Agency there in Dallas.  She would have to go to their office 72 hours before the day of the flight, and you can only schedule that appointment within two weeks of that day.

Too much stress to deal with.

Yep, that's just not worth it in my books. I booked thru Costco Travel, so they will give me the lion share of my money back so no biggie, I will just get her a US Passport and reschedule if they take her Greencard.  Either way I am good it's not the end of the world if we have to reschedule

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This looks as good a place to ask as any.  When I asked my (filipina) fiancé about underbone motorcycles like that she told me they weren't very popular there which seems strange since they seem like they're everywhere.  Could she have meant they aren't considered stylish or even aren't comfortable on the back?  I'm curious about riding that style of motorcycle since we don't get any underbones in the US.  We've talked about getting a bike when/if things go back to normal and we can build a vacation/retirement home in the Philippines.  The only one we both really like is the Yamaha XSR155.  She also likes the Kawasaki Barako II and W175 but I want modern amenities like disc brakes and fuel injection.

6 hours ago, Talako said:

I've been looking at that one as an option.

For me this would be the draw back for that bike:

I want plenty of storage, I want to be able to store 2 helmets under the seat, since now many places are enforcing helmet laws.  I want storage under seat cuz I alway keep my rain suit, I use Frogg Toggs you can get a WalMart for $20 and they are lightweight and great if it rains in the warmer temps.  I also keep my cellphone, and wallet under the seat for safety and also so it won't get wet.

I want something with automatic as well, no gear changing.  That motorbike is sexy looking but for me not practical for me.  Seat looks to be small with little padding, but it priced right and if you don't like it you can always trade it in on a another model.

Look into a bike that has traction control, that will limit the torque to your back wheel when it detects it slipping on a slippery surface. On my XRM125 I have two times almost put it down when hopping off a sidewalk/curb after parking it to eat or go into a store, You get back on the street and you give it gas and there is some mud on the street, your back tire will spin out and the back of the bike will go sideways, thankfully I was able to my foot down fast enough before I fell over.

Having a bike and my own transportation was one of the best decision I made regarding Philippines, I will never be without my own wheels there.

8 hours ago, Puppythecat said:

This looks as good a place to ask as any.  When I asked my (filipina) fiancé about underbone motorcycles like that she told me they weren't very popular there which seems strange since they seem like they're everywhere.  Could she have meant they aren't considered stylish or even aren't comfortable on the back?  I'm curious about riding that style of motorcycle since we don't get any underbones in the US.  We've talked about getting a bike when/if things go back to normal and we can build a vacation/retirement home in the Philippines.  The only one we both really like is the Yamaha XSR155.  She also likes the Kawasaki Barako II and W175 but I want modern amenities like disc brakes and fuel injection.

I would get all the modern amenities that  I could many of them make the bike safe.  I would get ABS brakes, and for sure Fuel Injection,  and look into traction control.  Something else to look into is the manufacture recommended oil change and how many miles they recommend.

I always take mine to Honda dealership for scheduled maintenance,  It so cheap,  last trip I had to replace the chain, and got an oil change, the labor was like 200 peso. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.