Murph4865

Pcr test

62 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, flicks1998 said:

Exactly.  I was surprised too that no one had tracked her down yet.  In the old days (March 2020 - Dec 2020) they would have done that and put her in some quarantine facility.  

She used her home address in antique, lol

2 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

Not gonna lie, I'd kinda rather have the shield there than a sweaty dude's back.  Maybe not the worst idea.

I've seen a test of the airflow created by the shield. It goes around the shield and swirls between the passenger and the shield.

Not only did it not work, it actually made it worse by trapping and swirling the air in front of the passenger.

I can't find the original reference, so internet lore with questionable veracity.

Finally done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Talako said:

I've seen a test of the airflow created by the shield. It goes around the shield and swirls between the passenger and the shield.

Not only did it not work, it actually made it worse by trapping and swirling the air in front of the passenger.

I can't find the original reference, so internet lore with questionable veracity.

Shields protect from larger droplets like from a cough or sneeze but,  as you have stated, are ineffective in reducing aerosol transmission .. hence the CDC advice to use a mask supplemented by a shield, not a shield substituting for a mask 

23 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Shields protect from larger droplets like from a cough or sneeze but,  as you have stated, are ineffective in reducing aerosol transmission .. hence the CDC advice to use a mask supplemented by a shield, not a shield substituting for a mask 

But my wife does not and has not left her room except to eat real quick then back to room does not talk to others so not sure how this happened, uses mask n face shield all the time outside 

Get an antigen test.  PCR test failures are biased to false positives.  There are many examples of people who completely recovered from COVID a month ago and still come up with viral "debris" floating around their nose.  OTOH, antigen test failures are biased towards false negatives.  They miss one or two percent of actual infections.  They don't tend to find infections that don't exist.  I have also heard advice, that I have no idea if it helps or not and could well be classified as internet hearsay,,,, but it has been said.... it cant hurt sucking a little solution of mouthwash and water, and/or soap and water up your nose and washing it out the sinuses so to speak before getting swabbed.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

The wife just went through a medical center approved for OFW people which is also on the list for centers for Covid testing and did the antigen testing and the results come back NEGATIVE for antibodies to the plandemic so she does not show anything for have had or has had the BUG.

so now i am miffed at why the first lab said positive but actual antibody test shows she never had anything.  That tells me they are very careless with the way they do the testing.

3 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

The wife just went through a medical center approved for OFW people which is also on the list for centers for Covid testing and did the antigen testing and the results come back NEGATIVE for antibodies to the plandemic so she does not show anything for have had or has had the BUG.

so now i am miffed at why the first lab said positive but actual antibody test shows she never had anything.  That tells me they are very careless with the way they do the testing.

Antigen testing is fine for US and recommended.  Be cautious though because in the following sentence you mentioned antibodies which is a very different test from antigen.  A negative antigen test will get you on a plane to US.  A negative antibody test will not.  As to the question of how the the results could be so messed up.  Get the heck out of Dodge any way she can, while she can, and worry about how things work or don't work in the Philippines later.  Get that negative ANTIGEN test on paper and get to the airport early.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

3 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Antigen testing is fine for US and recommended.  Be cautious though because in the following sentence you mentioned antibodies which is a very different test from antigen.  A negative antigen test will get you on a plane to US.  A negative antibody test will not.  As to the question of how the the results could be so messed up.  Get the heck out of Dodge any way she can, while she can, and worry about how things work or don't work in the Philippines later.  Get that negative ANTIGEN test on paper and get to the airport early.

She has it on paper with a raised seal on it trying to book AA now

Good luck! I hope everything works out for y’all 

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

4 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

PCR tests have false positives all of the time. This is not exclusive to the Philippines but all over the world.

Edited by RO_AH

10 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Exactly.  I was surprised too that no one had tracked her down yet.  In the old days (March 2020 - Dec 2020) they would have done that and put her in some quarantine facility.  

My friend got put in just 2 months ago.  She got bit by a dog, went to rabies shots, one of the nurses giving shot had covid, they put her in COVID jail for 1 month, She was tested after 7 days it was positive, she was tested like 10 days later and it was negative, they made her stay another 7 days after negative results

4 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

She has it on paper with a raised seal on it trying to book AA now

American uses travel partner Japan Airlines to Japan and then AA onto USA.

I would book on her any flight I can to get her out of Philippines asap, I would avoid PAL.

Look into Korean Airlines, the have non stop from Seoul to DFW, this was pre covid. 

Bottom line money wouldn't be an object at the moment,  Good Luck and keep us updated.

1 hour ago, Joe Kano said:

I would book on her any flight I can to get her out of Philippines asap, I would avoid PAL.

Look into Korean Airlines, the have non stop from Seoul to DFW, this was pre covid. 

Bottom line money wouldn't be an object at the moment,  Good Luck and keep us updated.

I got her booked on AA now she flies in morning, mnl>nrt>sfo>dfw

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

No more DFW for Korean Air. That was my go to airline over American 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.