Murph4865

Pcr test

62 posts in this topic

What kind of test was it? If it was the rapid (antigen) test that is cheaper, those have a high rate of false positives.

Can she get tested again using the PCR test, which is more expensive and takes longer but is also more accurate?

6 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Step 1:  Get another test ASAP!!!

But if she gets another test and it is negative will airline still deny her if they can see both results on puter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Murph4865 said:

But if she gets another test and it is negative will airline still deny her if they can see both results on puter

What do mean?  The airlines don't do the testing.  If she shows them a negative test result, they should allow her to board.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 minutes ago, Adventine said:

What kind of test was it? If it was the rapid (antigen) test that is cheaper, those have a high rate of false positives.

Can she get tested again using the PCR test, which is more expensive and takes longer but is also more accurate?

She did pcr swab, test, never with out a mask not around people at all, so i believe they doctor the results. And the ecq lockdown has already started, so i am positive they do not want people to leave specially in my case

1 minute ago, Lucky Cat said:

What do mean?  The airlines don't do the testing.  If she shows them a negative test result, they should allow her to board.

She went through molecular diagnostic lab for this one, to me that result would be put in a database for airlines to access to comfirm.

i told her we need to test elsewhere if we are allowed to see if get the same results

1 minute ago, Adventine said:

Next step is to contact the US Embassy to explain the situation and that your wife needs the visa re-issued. Good luck.

Yeah thanks

2 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Molecular diagnostic laboratory

The one at the PAL Learning Center?  Sigh.  I was going to suggest she take the antigen test over there.

Search for another facility that offers antigen test with results guaranteed within a few hours.  Here's the full list of licensed laboratories for reference -- https://doh.gov.ph/licensed-covid-19-testing-laboratories

4 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Is there a way to get extended

You can try contacting the embassy to urgently request an extension.  Unfortunately, it's not likely that they'll approve, but it's worth asking anyway.

20 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

They gave us only 5 months on medical instead of 6 months

Not sure if this is true for all who had to go through sputum testing, but it seems SLEC sets the medical expiration date to 3 months after the test results are released.  So just around 5 months from the 1st day of the medical.  That's the case for me and the others I saw at SLEC who got their green paper after their 3rd sputum collection.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

You can try contacting the embassy to urgently request an extension

The expiration date is already printed on the visa.  They would have to re-issue a new visa with a new expiration date.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

The swab test in philippines are doctored up to keep people there, my wife has no symptons always wheres a mask and they say she is positive,  what can we do to get visa extended?

It's never over until it's over. 

2 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

The expiration date is already printed on the visa.  They would have to re-issue a new visa with a new expiration date.

Yup, I also doubt an extension is possible.  But they've got nothing to lose at this point by asking.

3 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Go to another lab and get another test. You only have to show the airline the negative test. Just throw the other ones away. 

Agree.  This is what I would do.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

It seems as if Detoxicare is in bed with PAL,  they have some kind of partnership it seem, so more than likely they can see the first results.

Here is someone on their Google Review last month:

My colleague recently had a terrible experience with this diagnostic clinic. He got stressed and suffered inconvinience in his way back to qatar few weeks back. He was tested positive from a swab test in Detoxicare wherein his Two timed swab tests in red cross both after arriving and right before leaving from here in Manila were both negative. Detoxicare should improve their accuracy in swab testing results.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.