hollandfriend

N-400 August 2021 Filers

261 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, lostbutterfly said:

Hello,

I applied for my N400 on Aug 25, got the notice that they would reuse my biometrics right after. On August 30th my interview was scheduled for September 30th.

Is this the interview that I will have to take a civic test?

If so, how long do I wait for the oath ceremony right after?

Surprised this is moving so fast as the last few years have been so slow!

WOw that is superb fast... its like in 1 month.... so when you received interview notice it should mention sept 30. and yes it is civic test/english reading writing etc. I heard usually in some center they do oath right away and get you ceritificate after interview and you don't need to re-visit.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Dzfiction said:

Got the receipt notice today, I’m not sure about the access code though!!! Anybody can explain that to me please because I don’t see it on the notice!!!

I checked my case online and it’s showing case actively being reviewed, don’t know what that means too:)

I paper filed my N400 and priority date is August 20th

usually you get different envolpes like i received 3 letters, 1 online access code, biometric and fee receipt notice.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Dzfiction said:

Ok cool! Thanks and when will I get those please? I mean I’m i gonna wait another month or so ?

No i got 2 envelopes same day and the other next day. so you should be getting them now. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Dzfiction said:

I only got one letter which comes with case number that’s it !!!

My receipt starts with IOE which is their online immigraiton electronic system or something like that. May be that's why i received the access code.  Just give couple more days and see otherwise may be its random for everyone.

6 hours ago, superhuman said:

My receipt starts with IOE which is their online immigraiton electronic system or something like that. May be that's why i received the access code.  Just give couple more days and see otherwise may be its random for everyone.

I got my access code letter in the mail today, thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it!

Got my N-426 certified and filed 8/2. Command immediately sent an email to USCIS requesting expedite and got told to do biometrics.

Anyone else military that can vouch how quick these expedites happen? My orders got changed like a week ago from SD to Rota, Spain in December so my command is literally scrambling to get this sorted out. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello guys, I couldn't find the September 2021 thread... if anyone can direct me to it that would be amazing.

I have a quick question,

I filed online last night, marriage based. A couple of hours after I filed, I got a notice online saying that my biometrics were reused, and that my case is being actively reviewed by uscis. I filed late at night so I woke up today Saturday very confused as to how could they do this so fast... especially on a friday night.

Is this a good thing, and should I be excited? Or is it just an automated message...?

Thank you

Edit: I posted this as a topic on the n400 forum but got no answer so far...hope that's okay that I post here as well

Edited by Vickrd
Extra info

34 minutes ago, Dzfiction said:

My case processing time just went from 13 to 5 months!!! Is this real ??? My priority date is august 20th BTW.

What city you located in? You should fill out your timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 9/4/2021 at 7:24 PM, Vickrd said:

Hello guys, I couldn't find the September 2021 thread... if anyone can direct me to it that would be amazing.

I have a quick question,

I filed online last night, marriage based. A couple of hours after I filed, I got a notice online saying that my biometrics were reused, and that my case is being actively reviewed by uscis. I filed late at night so I woke up today Saturday very confused as to how could they do this so fast... especially on a friday night.

Is this a good thing, and should I be excited? Or is it just an automated message...?

Thank you

Edit: I posted this as a topic on the n400 forum but got no answer so far...hope that's okay that I post here as well

It doesn't really mean that they reused your biometrics, it just says that they will able to reuse, means you don't need to go to the USCIS for that, good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, I'm another August filer under the 5yr rule. I submitted a paper application that was received by USCIS on 8/26 and my biometrics reuse was dated 8/31. My NOA came by mail a couple of days ago, and then my biometrics reuse form and online account PIN came the next day. Since 8/31, my case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. I received the letters a couple of days ago, but I’m in the New Orleans area. USPS is moving very slowly here due to Hurricane Ida, so the letters were likely delayed. My local USCIS office is in New Orleans and is temporarily closed due to Ida, so not expecting much movement soon. Estimated completion is 12 months.

I'm surprised they reused my biometrics as I did them back in early 2014 but so glad to have that part done at least.

Best of luck to all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.